KitKat Jun 30, 2017

bpwest80 , Jun 30, 2017 :
    It's cool. No problem.

3. sreejith.str
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2017

4. crazycarl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 30, 2017

crazycarl , Jun 30, 2017 :
    See what u honestly think you guys just want to see it..this user clearly doesn't have the issue with his phone now some if the other videos it's plain as day..but these I don't see a thing and without hurting my eyes I'm not gonna strain to look..screen looks fine

5. xthunt
    Froyo Jun 30, 2017

xthunt , Jun 30, 2017 :

ShadowWalkerPain likes this.
  6. Deactivated User
    Jun 30, 2017

7. RahulJain22893
    Eclair Jun 30, 2017

RahulJain22893 , Jun 30, 2017 :
    I am facing the problem too mate. But it hasn't bothered me. Got my OnePlus today and I am just lovin it.

Tommy.Gribe likes this.
  8. bpwest80
    KitKat Jun 30, 2017

bpwest80 , Jun 30, 2017 :
    I'm just going by what OnePlus said. They said there was no variation between screens and that the visual effect was normal.

9. Dinerve
    Jun 30, 2017

Dinerve , Jun 30, 2017 :
    Too bad I just sold my 3t but while testing last night, both screens seemed to behave exactly the same.

I've the a similar 'stuttering' effect on the iPad I am writing from right now which bears a different tech (IPS LCD).

Now the distortion visible on slow mo cameras can be explainend by the lack of sync between shooting camera and OP5 screen.

Again and again, I believe some of us are more sensitive to it than others while some phones have better tech driving their displays that just make it less noticeable to them. Best example shown is the comparison in the youtube video posted on xda HERE. Start watching @16:50

That difference in fluidity between devices must be tied to the tech that drives the panels, this stutter is what others experience as jello, and the 3T was the same. I'm starting to think for once OnePlus's statement about using same components was not dishonest.

So I'm not too sure if it's a defect. If it affects you too much (some people in example can't stand plasma tvs because of the slight image retention inherent to the tech some would perceive as motion blur or some perceive the colour rainbow effect of dlp projectors) perhaps the OP5 (or the 3T) is not for you.:(

And yeah OnePlus is a great phone on a budget (kinda) so perhaps that screen tech used in OP3T and OP5 is not the best out there (and we knew this already, its just a decent amoled 1080p panel).

Edit: I just checked the models he was comparing the op5 with to see what we are up against (HTC U11/XPERIA XZ) these are about 700€ phones....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017

jlasensiofi and bpwest80 like this.
  10. Dinerve
    Jun 30, 2017

Dinerve , Jun 30, 2017 :
    Bon voyage!

11. Breakkblade
    Donut Jun 30, 2017

12. Dinerve
    Jun 30, 2017

Dinerve , Jun 30, 2017 :
    You just can't perceive it/doesn't bother you and that's great, you are normal too! :)

Everybody is and I will put this to rest on my end and go enjoy my phone. Wishing everybody to do the same, but if it turns out the product doesn't suit you, use the return window, it's not the end of the world, OnePlus did its best as it envisionned it for this generation, and we are doing our best too from a consumer perspective. I still find it a great phone, will never go back to iPhone thanks to the 3T. The geek in me now hooked to Android will surely come back for more when the time come be it with OnePlus or any other brand that will be competing directly in MID-RANGE phones wih *some* great specs. This is what this phone is, not an iPhone, not a Pixel or a Galaxy.

I wish XiaoMi was more accessible in Europe or worldwide even, then this space would become VERY interesting!

Hopefully better tech displays will be cheap enough for the next generation of OnePlus phones as this is bound to happen but rest assured it can't be what you will be seeing then in newly released 700-1000€ phones...

(Please let it not be the 5T in 4 months pleeeeease! lol)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017

bpwest80 likes this.
  13. himanshu_rmcf
    Eclair Jun 30, 2017

himanshu_rmcf , Jun 30, 2017 :
    I notice that some people here are saying that it's all in our heads or 'only some people see it' or 'it's always been there'.... Like what? So you think that for some reason 100s of people who have never had any similar problems before decide to make this up for OnePlus 5? THIS IS A LEGIT ISSUE AND IT IS PISSING PEOPLE OFF. period. Yes even me... Its outrageous for OnePlus to say that all screens are of good quality, don't bother to return... Oneplus better take action or this is my last oneplus phone....

14. mattam24
    Honeycomb Jun 30, 2017

mattam24 , Jun 30, 2017 :
    Are the 10 devices OP5?

15. Kenji Tasaka
    Eclair Jun 30, 2017

Kenji Tasaka , Jun 30, 2017 :
    Can't see the poll. maybe because I'm using the community app.

I have a 128 model and I have not experienced the jelly issue. It was ordered during the early launch sale if that makes a difference.

16. mattam24
    Honeycomb Jun 30, 2017

mattam24 , Jun 30, 2017 :
    I created another poll about the jelly effect but it was deleted because it was considered duplicate because this poll exists already. This is not quite true. This poll does not differentiate between people saying "I definitely don't have it (and I know how jelly effect looks like)" and "I can't see it so I don't have it". To narrow down this problem the people who claim that their devices are not affected should write if they were able to see this effect when their flip their device or any other device upside down. So we are sure that those people reporting "they don't have it" are really aware of the jelly effect and can definitely confirm that not all the devices are affected.

ankitttt likes this.
  17. ankitttt
    Honeycomb Jul 1, 2017

ankitttt , Jul 1, 2017 :
    Yep that's right we need to determine if all the devices are affected and only few are noticing.
    Or only few are affected with this scrolling issue.

I have added a poll with your idea to my thread. Hope you don't mind.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017

18. crackers8199
    Froyo Jul 1, 2017

crackers8199 , Jul 1, 2017 :
    people on Reddit insist that it is really affecting all devices and if you don't see it then you're stupid...so there's that.

19. mattam24
    Honeycomb Jul 1, 2017

mattam24 , Jul 1, 2017 :
    Where is the poll?

20. ankitttt
    Honeycomb Jul 1, 2017