Jerry Rig Durability Test

1. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 21, 2019

malidan , Oct 21, 2019 :
    More OFF- TOPIC COMMENTS.

And nothing on the quality issue? At least @Baymax could muster an excuse.:tearsofjoy:

2. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 21, 2019

malidan , Oct 21, 2019 :
    To see what your comments are on how fragile it is.

You don't own a Galaxy Fold but you wanted to comment on the durability of it.

You don't own a High refresh rate device and you wanted to comment on that too. :tearsofjoy:

Where did the OP8 come I to this, I don't see the OP8 in this thread.

But that will have a hole punch that you have also commented on. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  3. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Oct 21, 2019

Bouncer71 , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Seriously...

Stop sitting on stuff not made for sitting on...

10+ previously bought spectacles agree... :D

Budruel likes this.
  4. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Oct 21, 2019

Discostu , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Hi Malidan,

Thanks for your confirmation here - essentially you're trying to ignite an argument because.... reasons?

Unfortunately you are once again displaying your own hypocrisy in that you find it completely acceptable to pass judgment on devices you don't own, most notably any OnePlus device, while pointing fingers at everyone else when it so pleases you and / or fits your agenda. One can only conclude that you're a troll with little to no meaningful reason to be on these forums other than to antagonise and annoy people.

Such a shame this is how you choose to spend your time. :confused:

Need I remind you of your own off topic comments in this thread as well.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

xnutzii, Budruel and Rusty NZ like this.
  5. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 21, 2019

pablofg1978 , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Thread merged

6. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2019

Rusty NZ , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Yes the back glass broke badly, a disappointing failure. At least the phone remained otherwise functional.

This is the first Oneplus phone to break in any way, normally they pass with flying colors, I think I'll avoid the OnePlus 7T

I don't know where you got the idea that Zack hardly put any pressure on this phone. Zack treats each phone equally and is respected in the tech world.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019

geo07 likes this.
  7. guanyu210379
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2019

guanyu210379 , Oct 22, 2019 :
    I saw the video and yes..I also agree with the findings.
    7 pro and 7T pro should more durable than the 7T.
    I think that big camera circle on 7T is not that good from the whole phone durability.

One thing to remember tho' , that, what he is doing, is quite extreme. Just use a case and you should be ok.

Budruel, J1508070026278 and Rusty NZ like this.
  8. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Oct 23, 2019

Rusty NZ , Oct 23, 2019 :
    You need to watch the video and you can clearly see that Zach did try to break the OnePlus 7T. If you are familiar with Jerry Rig Everything's YouTube channel you would know this.

Of course OnePlus uses quality gorilla Glass. OnePlus has always used quality durable components. If you're going to make such an allegation to claim OnePlus is cutting corners you will need to back it up with some evidence.

You also have no evidence to suggest the phone would have snapped with more pressure. With Zack's bend test there was no structural failure and the phone was in perfect working order after the test. Granted the glass back cracked. To be taken seriously you will need to provide some evidence.

This is a tech forum and it would be appreciated if you didn't spread misinformation. Do a little bit of research before you make baseless allegations and make yourself look silly.

Edit:
    Since you haven't replied and haven't brought any evidence to the table I think we can all accept your claims were baseless. If you want to be respected do your homework before posting.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019

Discostu likes this.
  9. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 29, 2019

malidan , Oct 29, 2019 :
    I can show you videos where he broke stuff bud and he applied a lot more pressure than he did here.
    You don't need to do any home to know this is a pretty bad show from a $600 device. :tearsofjoy:

When are you going to do some homework and bring something other than opinion.

10. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 30, 2019

malidan , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Again making up your own scenarios and not sticking to the facts.
    I tagged those who have previously tagged me, when they thought they had something of interest to me.
    Is there something wrong with that?

I have shown my true colours? :cool:
    So I suppose the ORINGINAL POSTER showed his true colours when he posted the thread?
    Do you see how quickly people can make themselves appear hypocritical?

11. Budruel
    KitKat Oct 30, 2019

malidan likes this.
  12. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 30, 2019

malidan , Oct 30, 2019 :
    I have got a clue what you are on about , OP make decent phones and I just posted on a current topic.
    Apparently this thread was posted before mine, so did you ask the OP the same question?

I like biscuits and some commented on phones breaking like one, it's good to remind people of what they said and liked. ;)

Do you like biscuits, CRACKERS in particular.:p

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019

13. Zachvlol , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 30, 2019 :
    I think it's the fault of that Oreo camera. other glass sandwiches don't usually break on bend.

Impersonal likes this.
  14. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2019

Impersonal , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Yeah, I've wrote this comm a while back, I concur, the big actually gaping hole, in the back of a backglass, makes it more fragile... :) If somehow we could reinforce that area, idk a heavy build case or something...

15. Zachvlol , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Maybe use the case that came with your phone? I feel like that will help a little.

16. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2019

Impersonal , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Yeah, I saw some leaking of some future cases, they seemed a lil bit sturdier, idk if real or not, will just have to wait and see... They are pretty and cool nevertheless
    OnePlus-7T-Cushion-Bumper-Case.jpg

Anyways never a good ideea to keep your expensive new device, or any other, in the back pockets

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019

Budruel likes this.
  17. Loveit
    KitKat Nov 6, 2019

Loveit , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Isn't that where over 50% of people keep their phones? My guess is 52%.

Anyway I've done this for about 8 years now and have never had a problem because of it. I've only ever broken phones when dropping.

Impersonal likes this.