Jio+Vodafone Issue

1. lastleopard
    Donut Jan 20, 2017

lastleopard , Jan 20, 2017 :
    I have 2 Sim one is jio and Vodafone.
    When I put the Vodafone in slot 1 and jio in slot 2 both the Sims have network but volte does not work.

Now when I switch the sims that jio in slot 1 and Vodafone in slot 2. I get volte but no network for Vodafone.

I have checked for manual network.
    Network setting reset done.
    reinstalled the android version again.

Did anybody face the same issue.

2. Sehej Jain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 20, 2017

Sehej Jain , Jan 20, 2017 :
    that is a SIM problem . jio requires its use as the SIM 1 only . it can't be used as SIM 2 . it is not supported. this is the same for all phones.
    similar the the need for vodafone. get Airtel to pair with jio. it works perfectly

3. Nidhin Raj
    KitKat Jan 21, 2017

Nidhin Raj , Jan 21, 2017 :
    @GC1900 , you said you didn't had any issues for jio+voda combination in a different thread, so what could be the problem here, any help.

4. shrineels10
    Honeycomb Jan 21, 2017

shrineels10 , Jan 21, 2017 :
    You can use jio in any slot, but keep that sim slot default for data.

By network, you mean signal or internet? Only one sim can be used for internet at a time. And in case of jio, it would not work unless its default data sim.

And even after checking the above, if you are having an issue, just put the vodaphone sim in any slot, go to settings, choose 2g only and wait and watch. If the sim when set on 2g looses tower slowly, then get a duplicate sim. It should mostly work alright after that

atulalvenkar likes this.
  5. GC1900
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2017

GC1900 , Jan 21, 2017 :
    Yes I am using Jio in SIM1 and Vodafone in SIM2. There's been absolutely no issue.
    Have you checked if your SIM2 activated in settings ?
    Go to Settings --> SIM & Network and then check if SIM 2 is active. You can also select data services etc in this panel, as the earlier poster stated, you can select any one SIM for Data.

For VOLTE to work on JIO you have to mandatorily select the JIO SIM for DATA since VOLTE is Voice Over LTE. If you do not select the JIO SIM for data, VOLTE will deactivate and the JIO SIM will also not show network.

6. GC1900
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2017

GC1900 , Jan 21, 2017 :
    Further to my earlier post for using a JIO + Any other GSM SIM combination, it is essential to select the JIO SIM as the Default SIM for Cellular Data.

Go to Settings --> SIM & Network Settings --> Default SIM setting --> Default SIM for cellular Data --> Select the JIO SIM SLOT.

Nidhin Raj likes this.
  7. 77vijay
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2017

77vijay , Jan 21, 2017 :
    Its correct.

I use Vodafone in sim1 and Jio as Sim2, with DATA default sim as Jio.

Rony_Samuel likes this.
  8. hsdarshan8
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2017

hsdarshan8 , Jan 23, 2017 :
    i am also using same network no isuues of network but volte disapears and i need to restart my phone frequently i use jio in slot 1 then also i am facing volte problem

9. colekata
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2017

colekata , Jan 29, 2017 :
    My OnePlus 3T is fine with Jio sim either on tray 1 or 2 but When I am inserting two Jio sims together it is only showing sim 1 and ignoring sim 2!

Please can anybody help?

10. Maheek
    Froyo Jan 31, 2017

Maheek , Jan 31, 2017 :
    It's the same problem! Doesn't matter which slot it is 1 or 2 only data enabled sim having network, other than jio no other sim gaining the network back even after re switching the data

11. F_Nirav_Gundaniya_KlPY
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2017

12. kanagadeepan
    KitKat Mar 11, 2017

13. Prash98in
    Cupcake Apr 1, 2017

14. sudarshan9096
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2017

sudarshan9096 , Apr 5, 2017 :
    same here with bsnl sim card when bsnl data on jio network off

please tell if any soluation

15. atulalvenkar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2017

atulalvenkar , Apr 5, 2017 :
    Both SIM slots in OP3T support 4G, however 4G can be active on any one slot at any given time. So when you make SIM1 as default data SIM, it starts using 4G and the other SIM goes down to 3G/2G. Since Jio does not have a fallback 3G/2G network like other operators, it doesn't get any network.

bharathkumaravatar likes this.
  16. bharathkumaravatar
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2017

bharathkumaravatar , Jun 12, 2017 :
    I clearly got understood what u have said.
    now what my problem is I have OnePlus 3T

I have Airtel in Sim 1 and Jio in Sim 2.
    and I have set Sim 2 Jio as default for data
    now I have got 4gb 4G data on Airtel
    and now the real problem starts

I think OnePlus 3T is having dual 4g sim slots which means both sim slots work with 4g and now when I turn off jio data and use my Airtel data I'm getting only 2g on airtel..
    it is just showing E on network bar and I have also set preferred network type to 2g/3g/4g(automatic)..

what may be the problem help me guys...

thanks in advance

17. atulalvenkar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2017

atulalvenkar , Jun 12, 2017 :
    Yes both slots are 4G. But only one can work on 4G any given time. If you switch to Airtel as your default data SIM then ideally Jio should lose signal and Airtel should work on 4G. If this doesn't happen then check if your SIM is a 4G SIM. Also test with just one SIM and see if that works.

18. PrateekSoni
    Froyo Jun 12, 2017

PrateekSoni , Jun 12, 2017 :
    I've airtel n jio
    Airtel in 1st slot n jio in 2nd slot
    Jio works awesome with volte 4g
    N airtel on 2g

Coz I'm using Jio for everything. Call, msg, net.....

Thanks

19. bharathkumaravatar
    Gingerbread Jun 13, 2017

bharathkumaravatar , Jun 13, 2017 :
    I know that jio loses signal when switch data to airtel but when I set Airtel as default for data it is only showing showing E on top of network bar and VOLTE option is going away from settings.
    why can't Airtel give 4G like symbol on network bar
    and how to check my sim.is 4G or not and how to know my Airtel data is 4g or.not?

20. atulalvenkar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2017

atulalvenkar , Jun 13, 2017 :
    You can go to Airtel store and check. Also check APN settings to make sure you have correct APN for your network/data type.