Join OnePlus Customer Support AMA Now!

1. Tom B. Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Tom B., Dec 21, 2017 :
    twitter.png

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to our first Customer Support AMA! This AMA allows us to interact with our community members and customers directly, to get feedback, suggestions and answer some of your most burning after-sales related questions.

To do that, we have invited a few key members of our Customer Support team

@Tom B. – Global Service Strategy
    @Francis L. – India Customer Service
    @Monica Z. – EU-NA Customer Service
    @Eagle L. – EU Customer Service
    @Sam W. – EU Repairs
    @Ross H. – NA Repairs
    @Maria K. – Global Service Strategy

Things to keep in mind:
    • We will focus on answering questions related to after-sales support.
    • We’re here to listen! If you don’t have a specific question, but would like to share some personal feedback, please feel free.
    You can start submitting your questions now! ;)

Never Settle

Edit 1: Wow that's a lot! We started answering!!!

16.pic.jpg

Edit 2: Alright guys, wrapping it up for now! Thanks for all of your questions. We'll continue monitoring this thread and popping back in to answer (5 lucky winners will be selected within 12 hours).

Edit 3: We just randomly picked 5 lucky winners, @Dhanush Gowda @piotreczek39
    @Suraj gurav 007 @VipulJadhav12 @G_plusone , each one will win a OnePlus Bullet v2. Congrats! And we'll reach out to you very soon!

Edit 4: This AMA ended at  8: 00 AM CST on Dec 22. Thanks to everyone who participated!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2017

2. Tom B. Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Tom B., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi there!

1. We are always planning to expand our support, especially for local languages. Currently, we don't have a timeline in hand.
    2. These are good ideas and we can look into implementing better ways to communicate with the community.
    3. We have a dedicated OnePlus community team focused on the forums, monitoring and reporting issues along with our mods. But we are always looking for ways to improve our communication with the community, and your suggestions are helpful.

3. Ross H. Customer Service - NA Repairs Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Ross H., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi There,

Thanks for your question. We've been shortening the in-house TAT of repair centers by increasing manpower and logistic TAT by better express delivery.

4. Francis L. India Customer Service Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Francis L., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi There,

Thank you for voice out such valuable concern to improving our service.

1. We are actually planning and testing the "Substitute phone" or "Stand by phone " to customer, in few places, we will try to implement it if everything is doing great, however, in the meantime, if you have such request, please kindly contact our call center team, so that we can understand your request and see how we can improve?

2. In fact, pick up and drop service is available as well, but some cities might limited by some factors, you can also let us know if you have such request.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017

5. Tom B. Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Tom B., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Thanks for your feedback, we'll pass this to our team.

Salt505 likes this.
  6. Francis L. India Customer Service Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Hi There,

Thank you for reach out, and sorry for the inconvenience that we caused, we definitely don't want you to feell this way, please kindly share below details in private to me, I will let the team look into it.

1. Order #
    2. Case/Ticket ID
    3. Jobsheet ID
    4. Contact Email
    5. Contact #.

We will have it check in earliest.

Thank you

Salt505 likes this.
  7. Sam W. Customer Service - EU Repairs Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Sam W., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi There,
    Thanks for your question.
    Normally, the total cost of repair won't exceed the phone price. We'll look into the incident below for sure. We are also considering to provide those who are charged for high hardware repair cost with an alternative chargeable phone replacement.

Salt505, G_plusone and Themurtuza like this.
  8. Tom B. Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Tom B., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi ,

Thanks for your suggestion. To start off, we will develop a backup tool for the OnePlus phones and improve from there.

gaster, Plenkske, Salt505 and 6 others like this.
  9. Ross H. Customer Service - NA Repairs Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Ross H., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi, thank you so much for sharing the experience and sincere feedback.

Salt505, Ksh123 and Shivang Joshi like this.
  10. Monica Z. EU/NA Customer Service Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Monica Z., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention. Is your phone updated to the latest OS version? Software update would always try to optimize its performance. I hope you can try your OS version to the update.

Salt505 likes this.
  11. Maria K. Global Service Strategy Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Maria K., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Currently, we are providing toll-free number only for India and Germany. Alternatively, you can also contact us via live chat or Email and we will look into your issue.
    Regarding the issue please send me more details via DM.

12. Francis L. India Customer Service Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Hi There,

Please kindly share your case details as below to me in private.

1. Order #
    2. Case/Ticket ID
    3. Contact Email
    4. Contact #.

Please share those detail in private. I will have it check.

Thank you

Harsh_Raval1112 likes this.
  13. Eagle L. EU Customer Service Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Eagle L., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi There!

The order processing is a factor of time and availability. If the model has enough stock, the order will be processed faster. Also, when many items are ordered for one shipment, the package will usually be shipped once all items are ready to be shipped together.

meatandy likes this.
  14. Monica Z. EU/NA Customer Service Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Monica Z., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Thanks for bringing this up. We have received some feedback on this from customers directly. Our team is working on to optimize and improve to make it more user friendly.

Salt505 likes this.
  15. Eagle L. EU Customer Service Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post

16. Maria K. Global Service Strategy Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Maria K., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi There,

Thank you for reach out, and sorry for the inconvenience that we caused, we definitely don't want you to feell this way, please kindly share below details in private to me, I will let the team look into it.

1. Order #
    2. Case/Ticket ID
    3. Jobsheet ID
    4. Contact Email
    5. Contact #.

We will have it check in earliest.

Thank you

Tapan M. Shah likes this.
  17. Eagle L. EU Customer Service Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Eagle L., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi Youbi, we will forward you feedback to our related department. Thank you for the suggestion.

gaster, Salt505, SoniaB and 1 other person like this.
  18. Francis L. India Customer Service Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Hi Team,

Thank you for sharing your thought and make our team better, I will definitely share all those useful ideas and improve the team as much as we can.

Thank you

blackpearl3 likes this.
  19. Francis L. India Customer Service Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Hi There,

Please kindly share your case details as below to me in private.

1. Order #
    2. Case/Ticket ID
    3. Contact Email
    4. Contact #.

Please share those detail in private. I will have it check.

Thank you

20. Sam W. Customer Service - EU Repairs Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Sam W., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi There,
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are always looking into how we can improve the experience in service centers, and your feedback is helpful in doing so.

blackpearl3 likes this.
  21. Maria K. Global Service Strategy Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Maria K., Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi Suraj,

Please let us know the OS version and build number. Can you share more details regarding the issue, such as the if this can be replicated 100%, the steps etc?

22. Eagle L. EU Customer Service Staff Member Dec 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Eagle L., Dec 21, 2017 :
    We appreciate your support on helping our customers. We take all such cases seriously, which sometimes means we need some time to coordinate with couriers to resolve.

camohan likes this.
  23. Maria K. Global Service Strategy Staff Member Dec 22, 2017

Stickied Post
    Maria K., Dec 22, 2017 :
    Hi Stephen, Please let us know the OS version and build number. Can you share more details regarding the issue, such as the if this can be replicated 100%, the steps etc? Once we receive all the details, we'll forward this to our technical team and get back to you when there is an update.

24. Maria K. Global Service Strategy Staff Member Dec 22, 2017

Stickied Post
    Maria K., Dec 22, 2017 :
    Coming soon:)
    Don't have the ETA in hand at the moment.

moatazsawi likes this.
  25. Eagle L. EU Customer Service Staff Member Dec 22, 2017

Stickied Post
    Eagle L., Dec 22, 2017 :
    Hi, thanks for your feedback. Yes, we are aware of this and our team is planning to improve the overall customer ordering experience.

youbi likes this.
  26. Tom B. Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Dec 22, 2017

Stickied Post
    Tom B., Dec 22, 2017 :
    WOW ! There are many, but I would like to share my first one here.
    We used to help some of our users directly from HQ through remote sessions (remote access), to resolve their issues. I remember a customer from Europe contacting me. He had an issue with his OnePlus One and was unable to update via OTA. So, I helped him flash the latest build on his phone and resolved the issue.

He was very excited and told me how he learned about OnePlus and why he liked our brand so much. He wanted to know more about OnePlus, about the team and what the average day at OnePlus was like.

After some time, when we were about to end the chat he promised me that, if I ever got the chance to visit his country, he would definitely have a beer with me.

This made my day, we had never met before and I was blown away by the amount of trust our customers had in a new startup.

Plenkske, mojoyoyo77 and youbi like this.
  27. Cheetosdust KitKat Dec 21, 2017

Cheetosdust, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hello team,

First, thanks for doing this. Hope everything goes well and that we can get some really good answers to some good questions.

Here are mine:
    • Do you plan to expand the Customer Service to more languages, like Portuguese?
    • Are you planning to create something like this changelog and let us know how guys are improving on a, let’s say, quarterly fashion?
    • Why not designate someone from the team to be around the forums and be the face of the company when needed? What saves this situation is the goodwill of the mod team.
    And here are some suggestions. Please articulate better the information between OnePlus site and the DHL/UPS tracking. For example, this week I had a “Processing” order on OP site and on the DHL tracking it already left Poland.

I know you guys have a lot of people contacting you, and the people on the chat are usually friendly. But please keep in mind that they’re the first contact with the company. Please don’t end the chat in a hurry, give us some extra seconds to say if the issue is solved or not.

Several times I was asked if I could be helped with something else and was prompted to the end the chat before I was able to answer. Even if everything was smooth, this last interaction give a sour taste to the whole thing.

Have in mind that even if people bought something from you, the customer service is one of the main reasons they will buy - or not - again. It doesn’t really matter if the OnePlus 3, 5, 5T is an awesome device if three months or one year down the line the experience is tainted by the way you deal with the problem.

Again, thank you for doing this - all of you. Keep getting better at treating the customers and they’ll become truly your fans.

28. luxuskamel KitKat Dec 21, 2017

Sid_Routh, Raunb and redvw like this.
  29. Abhishek Sukumar Eclair Dec 21, 2017

Abhishek Sukumar, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Thank you guys for taking this up, its encouraging to see that people at OnePlus are committed to heed to user feedbacks and improve. I understand that this AMA is possibly going to be filled with personal grievances from a lot of people, but my questions are going to be more generic and possibly a little India-centric (Obviously as I'm from India)

1. Are you planning to improve/expand your support more languages, especially in places where there are a lot of regional languages like in India, Europe etc? I believe offering native speaker would go a long way in helping both consumers and OnePlus's value as a brand globally.
    2. How do you keep your service personnel well informed about frequently reported issues? All product, no matter how good they are, will have some minor/Major issues and There is a popular opinion among a large section of consumers, that most OEMs keep their aftersale service personnel/PR in the dark on how the company plans to solve these issues until very late, how do you plan to be on the good side of this?
    3. ‎More offline service centres = Better aftersale service, This is a very common belief atleast here in India, So any immediate plans to bring more service centres to India or any other location?
    4. ‎How do you plan to speed up overall turn-around time for repair/replacement?

30. VipulJadhav12 Eclair Dec 21, 2017

VipulJadhav12, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hello! OnePlus Team
    Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity to forth our complaints/feedbacks/queries/suggestions in front of the OnePlus experts. Such kind of discussions will not only help OnePlus to provide a world class after sale service to their world-wide customers/users but will also help them to produce significant products in future.

So I'm going to divide my AMA questions' list into 4 types: Queries, Suggestions, Feedbacks, and Complaints.

So let's start with the...

# Queries:
    1. Being a proud owner of the new OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition, I want to know that for how long will OnePlus provide the software support/updates as well as the external hardware parts for the OnePlus 5T Star Wars since it's a limited edition?

2. I'm from India and I did confirmed that while signing up for the Kotak 811 smartphone insurance we've to bear the activation charge of Rs. 1000/- even though it's clearly mentioned on the amazon.in that the insurance is free of charge for OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition. Then why do we've to pay for the activation charges in the first place?

3. Even if we signed up for the - Free 12 month Accidental Damage Insurance (powered by Kotak 811), still we don't get the full amount coverage i.e. 100% insurance payment from the respective company, so why is this so and can OnePlus help us in such case?

# Suggestions:
    1. When I tried to call on the Indian Toll Free number - 1800 102 8411, the VR told me that the OnePlus experts will be available between 09:00AM - 06:00PM only. But on the website - https://oneplusstore.in/support it clearly mention the timings as 09:00AM - 09:00PM Monday to Sunday. So please do check and update that.

2. I called to the OnePlus's authorized store in Pune, Maharashtra, India it seemed that the person who attended my call was not quite aware about the new OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition. Because when I asked him about the OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition, he sounded like confused and asked me about the color and the storage configuration. Hope OnePlus will focus on giving/providing updated information to their Exclusive as well as Authorized service centers regarding all the OnePlus's product(s) available in the market.

# Feedback:
    1. I'm happy with the fact that both Exclusive and Authorized service centers in Pune, Maharashtra, India were on the same page when I called and asked them about the servicing process and the charges they apply for servicing. I didn't found any discrepancies in that due to which I'm relieved that both the service centers will give satisfactory service to all the OnePlus customers/users.

# Complaints:
    Due to the amazing and ever satisfying quality of products as well as the customer support provided by the OnePlus, I don't have any reason to complaint. Thanks OnePlus and Kudos! to the whole OnePlus Team.

Jordan J likes this.
  31. luxuskamel KitKat Dec 21, 2017

luxuskamel, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Do any plans exist to expand into currently unsupported countries?

I asked the Support and got like the standard response, to stay up to date on social media. That's not satisfying me. Anything you are currently working on?

32. nkhl_rjsh Froyo Dec 21, 2017

nkhl_rjsh, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hey OnePlus Team!
    I was hoping you could look into this issue I've been facing with my 5T. I've opened a thread in the device forum but it probably sunk to the depths. Here's the link:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/hardware-issue-beeping-haptic-engine-annoying-sound.722506/

In short, the haptic engine in the 5T (not specific to my phone, checked a few random demo phones at the Experience Store) has a faint BEEP sound accompanying every vibration. The sound is loud and clear when taking a screen recording, probably due to the mic being in close proximity to the haptic engine. The Rep at the service center was unable to decipher the real cause of the issue and said that I'll get an update in 24 hours (which ended today at 3.00pm IST) but I'm afraid that a large number of 5T phones might be affected by this issue, including the Stars Wars Edition recently launched! Would be wonderful to get some input from you guys on this!

Here's the screen recording video (AZ Screen Recorder):

@Tom B. – Global Service Strategy
    @Francis L. – India Customer Service
    @Maria K. – Global Service Strategy

Thanks a lot! Keep up the good work!

33. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 21, 2017

youbi, Dec 21, 2017 :
    @Tom B. These are my questions, that I had already put in the announcement thread of the ama.:sweatsmile:

34. G_Navdeep_Malik_Ujwk Honeycomb Dec 21, 2017

G_Navdeep_Malik_Ujwk, Dec 21, 2017 :
    hey oneplus i am from India and i have these questions today
    1. As an after sales service will us be providing or thinks of providing "Substitute phone" if it takes more than 2-3 days in repair of ones device like some other OEM does..like providing a oneplus 2 device if my 5 is at repair(on authorized centers it may take like a week for repair)
    2.As in India there arent even authorized service centers in many areas will you be providing the courier pickup and return on repair service even to remote areas.
    Thanks

M1512488654420 likes this.
  35. sckgs Cupcake Dec 21, 2017

sckgs, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hello Team,
    Congratulations on forming a team to address the costumer questions /problems. I am not satisfied with the length of the charging cable, it is short need to be at least 120cm to 150cm.

36. redvw Donut Dec 21, 2017

redvw, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Please consider improving Priority Shipping, my poll shows 80% would be interested in overnight shipping.

Tom B. likes this.
  37. anandsgr18 Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 21, 2017

anandsgr18, Dec 21, 2017 :
    questions:

1.why project treble not included for OnePlus 5 and 5t.
    2. Why OnePlus can't compete in software for camera with Google pixel?
    3. Why do we have to clear cache each time after updating to new version where as other devices doesn't require?
    4.why there is no OnePlus music app of its own?
    5. Why some of the time customer service support just make excuses and say just do a factory format and you are good to go without bothering about the exact problem?
    5. Why every time OnePlus launches a T variant and teases the old customer hinting that they should have waited 4-6 months more. Additionally you don't even give attention to old user. Like I purchased OnePlus 5 and then you launched 5T and most freaking thing was it was exactly on the same price ? [e]1f602[/e]

MY COMPLAINT

I really felt cheated for that .

this was the worst experience and nightmare for me.

everything got improved camera , display, face unlock and OnePlus 5 users get nothing.

I am very disappointed. I really needed an exchange for the OnePlus 5 with OnePlus 5T.

sckgs, sunil1968, niteshgat and 2 others like this.
  38. Santhosh1704 Froyo Dec 21, 2017

Santhosh1704, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Hi Francis . I really hope you will read this and help me out.
    I'm a proud owner of OnePlus 3T.
    I had issues with the phone and sent the phone to official service center in Bangalore through Servify.
    I got the phone back after 2 weeks and there is no improvement with the phone. Not even a single one. I'm very disappointing with this.
    I clearly mentioned that the phone is charging very slowly and that's why I sent the charger and cable to service center.
    I highly doubt that they didn't even touch my phone .
    If they really diagnosed the phone then I wouldn't have faced the issues again .
    Now don't know what to do.
    Honestly speaking now my OnePlus 3T is useless and I'm ready to throw it away.
    It's really frustrating to use the device now. I have to charge it thrice or even more in a day .
    Hope you really care for this and help me out with the best customer service.
    Don't make me to feel that customer service is a Joke at OnePlus.

39. BenjiManCan Cupcake Dec 21, 2017

BenjiManCan, Dec 21, 2017 :
    What's been your most memorable time you've given support to someone?

Tom B. likes this.
  40. mevicks Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 21, 2017

mevicks, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Nice initiative. Wanted to know if you guys have a device pickup policy in Mumbai. If yes what are the charges, if no then any plans to implement it in the future?

41. VipulJadhav12 Eclair Dec 21, 2017

VipulJadhav12, Dec 21, 2017 :
    I couldn't agree more with @Cheetosdust...

In addition to this I would also like to suggest that ask your Exclusive as well as Authorized service center to get the feedback form duly filled up from the customers/users after the service. Because of this I think it'll help you in quality control over the service provided by the service centers. This feedback will make the service centers more responsible towards the service they provide and will encourage them to assist and help the customers/users.

In India there's a saying which goes like this - "Grahak hi bhagwan hota hain", which means - Customers are god. And I think nobody wants to disappoint god... right? :wink:

Hari_Dwivedi likes this.
  42. akwingnut Froyo Dec 21, 2017

akwingnut, Dec 21, 2017 :
    I have a OP5t, been a long time user of the OP series phones. So my OP5t acts up, how, listening to TuneIN it plays scratching, almost like it cuts in and out. Also the other day I switched to the stock camera on the device and the image was literally shaking back and forth. I had to force close the app to get it to stop, any suggestions? Thanks

43. redvw Donut Dec 21, 2017

redvw, Dec 21, 2017 :
    I would like to see two years of security updates for new OnePlus products.

44. scottishdude Froyo Dec 21, 2017

scottishdude, Dec 21, 2017 :
    The only thing I have an issue with is with phone calls, some times the call connects but has no audio, few times I have had lag on trying to answer a call with the button not responding, also some apps have issues, Facebook messenger freezes and has to reload regularly. Are any of theses software known issues?

Kind regards Stephen

45. meatandy Nougat Dec 21, 2017

meatandy, Dec 21, 2017 :
    I would it be possible for you guys to keep an updated list/ thread of official accessories linked in the homepage ?
    This would be helpful especially when your customers return for an extra case or charger.