Join our Friendly User Testing program for TMO version of 6T and & 7 Pro

1. spdsk8race1 Honeycomb Jul 10, 2019

spdsk8race1, Jul 10, 2019 :
    T-Mobile calls it advanced messaging?

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37789

Google calls it RCS messaging

2. KTaylor62 Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

KTaylor62, Jul 10, 2019 :
    so is this something specifically through the stock messaging/any messaging app or Android messages? bc i don't use the stock messaging. I do use Android messages, and with hearing that Google is now taking over 8 was excited to see that we don't have to wait on carriers to determine features laid out in the OS.

3. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

4. KTaylor62 Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

KTaylor62, Jul 10, 2019 :
    what devices support T-Mobiles version ? and if Google brings it to the US, will the Google profile be widely applicable or are they still go na have to battle carriers?

5. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

somenothingness, Jul 10, 2019 :
    Tmos RCS is on stock messaging app only.
    Stick to Android messages, since it has the same limitations as stock messaging.
    Also, Android messages goes through Tmo servers.
    IDK that RCS would work on Android messages if the phone was on fi since fi uses Tmo network.

6. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

AM worked all the way back to my S4.
    RCS (Tmo version) Works on S9 and plus and OnePlus 6t for now.
    Doesn't even work for Pixel 3a.

7. ironass KitKat Jul 10, 2019

8. Jacksummers Froyo Jul 10, 2019

Jacksummers, Jul 10, 2019 :
    u guys must not notice but RCS has been working on tmo fajitas for months. works fajita to any device that also has it. my sons phone is like an lg Q 1 and it works vice versa. RCS and fut testing is not related. why would it be? senseless..

trafalger888 likes this.
  9. trafalger888 Froyo Jul 10, 2019

trafalger888, Jul 10, 2019 :
    Agreed. Speculation just helps fuel rumors. It will drop when they are ready. All in due time.

Jacksummers likes this.
  10. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

Odd, I've never gotten fajitas from T-Mobile. Maybe on a Tmo Tues promo one day.

(RCS as it is now never existed back then.)

Dgafking0480 likes this.
  11. Jacksummers Froyo Jul 10, 2019

Jacksummers, Jul 10, 2019 :
    fajita is oneplus 6t, enchilada is op6, and guacamole is op7

12. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

When you consider the time between announcing a test and launching a test, the large amount of time in between is filled with questions. Natural human nature to question. There's no set time as to when it is or is not appropriate to begin questioning details. Some may be content to wait indefinitely, others a month after. This is about the time that an OEM would practice communication. Until then, no news is no testing, which becomes no interest.

Seen this many times. Folks get hyped up, wait, and then it's too late because folks have moved on to other devices or carriers or OEMs.

13. trafalger888 Froyo Jul 10, 2019

Maybe so...I am merely stating my opinion just as you have over the past couple days. I do think the speculation is counter productive. I do not believe it has anything to do with RCS. The way you have harped on it, in my opinion, could create hype for something that will probably not happen at this point. So really what's the point? All in due time.

14. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

You might say counterproductive, but currently we're not producing anything at all. So I don't see the harm in have a discussion. I think it's very valid to look at the differences between T-Mobile and OnePlus. Why would we be testing anything that OnePlus already has? Obviously we would need to be testing something that is different than the OnePlus that is exclusive to the T-Mobile version.

Anyway I suppose it's fine for us not to chatter at all about anything while we wait for the test to come down. It might even be a better idea if OnePlus got rid of this thread all together except for the main post and disabled any comments.

Carry on.

15. trafalger888 Froyo Jul 10, 2019

funny you have been the only one chattering for days now and you tell me to carry on. Probably best you do buddy. Have fun.

16. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

... I was trying to.

17. Syaoran Froyo Jul 10, 2019

Syaoran, Jul 10, 2019 :
    I have the T-Mobile version of the OnePlus 7 Pro. I am expecting T-mobile to call and replace my device today though because VoLTE and WiFi Calling have stopped working on my device. Between OnePlus support and T-Mobile, no one has been able to offer up a solution as of yet. The last time I talked to T-mobile, they said they would replace the device today if I didn't have it resolved by the 10th of July.

18. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

Definitely sounds like something that should warrant replacement under warranty considering how new the device is. Obviously if you have device coverage with T-Mobile it's only a $5 warranty swap $25 without warranty coverage and probably still faster than having OnePlus replace the device.

I commend T-Mobile for selling the device and if it was exactly like the OnePlus version then it would be perfectly fine to have the two extra T-Mobile apps pre-installed but in all honesty there's really no call for some of the limitations T-Mobile has imposed on their software version of the OnePlus version.

19. spdsk8race1 Honeycomb Jul 10, 2019

spdsk8race1, Jul 10, 2019 :
    which is version number are you on? your volte isn't working at all? are you getting LTE and then it switches down, or no LTE at all

20. Dgafking0480 Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

Dgafking0480, Jul 10, 2019 :
    I'm honestly about to reconvert my 6t today, I feel I get better battery life being converted and running the betas. I will be keeping an eye out for this thread and the FUT but until then I'm flashing back to international version

somenothingness likes this.