Join our Friendly User Testing program for TMO version of 6T and & 7 Pro

1. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

somenothingness, Jul 10, 2019 :
    I was about to post the same thing.

Dgafking0480 likes this.
  2. Dgafking0480 Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

Dgafking0480, Jul 10, 2019 :
    I really don't understand why I get better battery life on the international rom as to the tmo version but I definitely love the unlocked ROM way better plus updates are way faster and I love it, plus testing the new betas is always fun

somenothingness likes this.
  3. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

somenothingness, Jul 10, 2019 :
    The unlocked has better efficiency fixes and features. The Tmo app is always scanning and reporting and using GPS. Most folks haven't disabled it or the tmo rsu services apps or the tmo. apt service in trusted agents/admin rights screens.

4. Dgafking0480 Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

5. Ytkuser Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

Ytkuser, Jul 10, 2019 :
    makes me wonder when this is starting up no news at all other than the 2 emails about it which most got.

6. Dgafking0480 Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

Dgafking0480, Jul 10, 2019 :
    at least you go the emails haha

Ytkuser likes this.
  7. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 11, 2019

somenothingness, Jul 11, 2019 :
    I think OnePlus did the right thing with creating an announcement that there would be testing and signing up and most importantly giving a date for which that should have been completed. However with the link still working as of the other day within July and after the proposed end date of June 30th it makes one wonder. After all, word was that July 1st was the effective date of the NDA, but yet we have to wait for word by an email that it's actually started and then wait for the OTA to actually drop unless there is a fastlane directly to the download.

People are okay waiting when they have a deadline date but now that the period has passed, people can give it a week, maybe two weeks before they're antsy enough to do something else. That's why the communication needs to come down one way or another from OnePlus about when this is going to start.

Dgafking0480 and Ytkuser like this.
  8. Ytkuser Gingerbread Jul 11, 2019

9. Dgafking0480 Gingerbread Jul 11, 2019

Dgafking0480, Jul 11, 2019 :
    hence how I flashed the international version this morning

10. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 11, 2019

well to be completely honest it would have been beneficial to all of us to know what we were actually going to be testing.

obviously in the main headline thread they may not have wanted to discuss that but once you're chosen to fill out the NDA and you've gotten the go-ahead that you're in the test it would have made sense for them to at that point tell us what we're testing so that we can decide whether or not it's worth waiting for or to just stay international and get the benefits from that.

no use in keeping people held up if it's just some namby-pamby one feature test. That's what the beta channels are for. That's why I believe it has something to do with the T-Mobile version that the OnePlus version does not have.

yes I realize I'm very active on this thread and that I have my own supposed conspiracies and theories speculations and other nonsense however that's what this thread is about... is a discussion.

I also understand there are plenty of actual T-Mobile users out there who have not flashed to the international version of the firmware. those people generally are not on community forums especially for a minority variant looking for a lot of information outside of troubleshooting much less a testing channel. so I believe what OnePlus will wind up with is a lot of T-Mobile handset variant users who are savvy enough to go between the two firmwares but if at all possible want to be a part of making things better.

Dgafking0480 and Ytkuser like this.
  11. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 11, 2019

I'm going to give it a little extra time mainly because work is something I have to do and it does take some time to get everything set back up the way I like it even after restoring a lot of my apps and data and all of that other kind of stuff but there's a lot of stuff we all know that OnePlus does not save. it's not like a mirror image of the back up that you can just restore and it's the way it used to be.

so come Sunday if there's no test I'm going back and not looking back.

Ytkuser likes this.
  12. Dgafking0480 Gingerbread Jul 11, 2019

Dgafking0480, Jul 11, 2019 :
    I'm just gonna wait and see if there is any other information that comes up about it I constantly go back and forth between International and tmo firmware

13. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 11, 2019

also good to know that I am not the only one who feels this way. I know a lot of people will consider that myself and others included are whiny but anybody that has been through any sort of beta test or software test or any other opportunity as a customer understands that waiting sucks and is even worse when a company does not communicate.

after all we bought the product and we're doing this testing for free not getting paid after having already given our money to a company for their product. we bought the product with the understanding that it is the way it is at the time of advertising and at the time of purchase however once a software opportunity like this is initiated we now expect more. so with that expectation comes a responsibility on the company's part.

Ytkuser and Dgafking0480 like this.
  14. Syaoran Froyo Jul 11, 2019

Syaoran, Jul 11, 2019 :
    9.5.8 T-Mobile firmware. No VoLTE even though enabled and WiFi Calling doesn't connect. I get 4G LTE for data but it drops to 3G as soon as a call comes in or as soon as I place a call. During a call, data does not work and I don't recieive any SMS or MMS until calls are ended.

15. spdsk8race1 Honeycomb Jul 11, 2019

spdsk8race1, Jul 11, 2019 :
    if you type in *#*#4636#*#* into the dial pad, then select phone information, scroll down, is volte provisioned enabled?

one other thing, if you go to settings, about phone, status, click carrier configuration and try to update there also

16. Danny0351 Froyo Jul 11, 2019

17. JayTea92 Eclair Jul 12, 2019

JayTea92, Jul 12, 2019 :
    is it possible to flash international firmware on a phone that's not paid off from TMobile yet?

Dgafking0480 likes this.
  18. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 12, 2019

somenothingness, Jul 12, 2019 :
    yes.

19. Dgafking0480 Gingerbread Jul 12, 2019

Dgafking0480, Jul 12, 2019 :
    yes sir it is, done it with mine

JayTea92 likes this.
  20. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 12, 2019

somenothingness, Jul 12, 2019 :
    flashing can be done paid off or not. it's the unlocking you cannot do unless it is paid off. at this juncture I would suggest you flash it to the international firmware via easy-to-use instructions on XDA.

as far as this test goes unless it is some huge test that totally eclipses the international version I don't see the point in even running the test. and really OnePlus is not going to run an entire new set of features to be tested on a minority variant such as the T-Mobile version. it just doesn't make sense to test awesome new features for the 5% of 1 + 6T owners who bought from T-Mobile versus 95% that bought unlocked. after all the United States cellular scene is not all encompassing of China and India.

JayTea92 and Ytkuser like this.