Join our Friendly User Testing program for TMO version of 6T and & 7 Pro

1. Dgafking0480 Honeycomb Jul 17, 2019

Dgafking0480, Jul 17, 2019 :
    well let's get it back on track then, I was just trying to be funny. lol

2. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 17, 2019

somenothingness, Jul 17, 2019 :
    wading through all of the spelling errors I figure you mean that Android is better than iOS.

I'm not here to say that one is necessarily better than the other in all aspects I'm just referring to updates. The fragmentation with Android is just ridiculous. it will always be that way as long as carriers and different oems are in charge of what's going on vs Google. also Google makes updates for their phones not every phone that runs Android. The oems have to make Google's OS work for their model of phones.

the reason sales dropped for iPhone is because there really isn't a huge difference in two models a year apart from each other that people would want to upgrade. it's the same thing with people who have an s9. they don't necessarily want to spend more money to upgrade to an S10. smartphones have become stagnant.

when you have one company like Apple you can definitely understand why given the above information that sells might drop off. there is a lot of innovation in Androids world but at the end of the day every phone does the same thing with calls and texts and data is just a matter of how it looks what features you deem necessary and some display RAM and CPU differences. Google proved that you don't need an awesome camera you just need awesome software.

LG can make a great sounding phone with audio features like DAC but they never update anything so what's the point? HTC is all but out of business. Windows mobile is far extinct. Huawei doesn't stand a chance in the United States. Asus, Xiaomi, nobody here has heard if them. Moto is all but redundant, BLU is a never was.

the point is is that some manufacturers come up with new features that are feasible. other manufacturers keep things up-to-date across all models.

3. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 17, 2019

oops. too late for that.

4. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 17, 2019

anyway whatever, either the test starts sometime whenever or we revert to international and don't look back. others will test it out and decide they don't like it others will decide they do like it, OnePlus will decide whether or not to implement it and Life Will go on and we will all have a different phone a year from now.

5. NickMidd91 Gingerbread Jul 18, 2019

NickMidd91, Jul 18, 2019 :
    just can't wait for the test to start and to see what new stuff come in the beta even thou aod is all ready coming from what I hear. hope I get the email soon letting me know it's going to drop soon

6. Dgafking0480 Honeycomb Jul 18, 2019

Dgafking0480, Jul 18, 2019 :
    end of July, it's kinda been confirmed already

7. NickMidd91 Gingerbread Jul 18, 2019

how do you know that?

8. Dgafking0480 Honeycomb Jul 18, 2019

9. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 18, 2019

10. NickMidd91 Gingerbread Jul 18, 2019

my email from them tells me coming soon

11. Ytkuser Gingerbread Jul 19, 2019

spdsk8race1 likes this.
  12. Dgafking0480 Honeycomb Jul 19, 2019

Dgafking0480, Jul 19, 2019 :
    we are all waiting for it to be released lol

spdsk8race1 likes this.
  13. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 19, 2019

spdsk8race1 likes this.
  14. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 21, 2019

somenothingness, Jul 21, 2019 :
    Well, if the rumor is true from the inside source, from the email another user got that nobody else got, that the testing will begin at the end of the month, then hopefully we only have about one more week to wait.

15. Dgafking0480 Honeycomb Jul 21, 2019

Dgafking0480, Jul 21, 2019 :
    to be honest I asked when it was going to be released and the only information they gave was the end of July.

16. Dgafking0480 Honeycomb Jul 21, 2019

Dgafking0480, Jul 21, 2019 :
    you talking about me?

17. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 21, 2019

somenothingness, Jul 21, 2019 :
    well I really wanted to wait on this testing software just to see what's going on since I do have a phone that's pretty decent and paid off and if I wait until the end of the month the promo on the other phone I think I want will be over. so if nothing else there is always the international firmware version.

I will say this much though is I hope somewhere along the line OnePlus decides to stop with this over-aggressive app killing. I use cellmapper and I have optimization turned off however OnePlus kills it.

ain't nothing like trying to map out new routes on a motorcycle and have to pull over every 5 minutes to make sure the app is still working. Yes I could get a handlebar mount but in all honesty what sort of input can you give a phone when you're traveling at 65 plus miles an hour with gloves on?

18. Ytkuser Gingerbread Jul 21, 2019

Dgafking0480 likes this.
  19. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 22, 2019

somenothingness, Jul 22, 2019 :
    I only got an email with the form and a follow-up email saying that the test had been pushed back because they were still working on it. I got no further correspondence telling me when.

JayTea92 likes this.
  20. somenothingness Gingerbread Jul 23, 2019

somenothingness, Jul 23, 2019 :
    Is anyone else using the Carrier Services app from the Play Store on their T-Mobile OnePlus 6T? I don't know if it makes a difference or not, if say, you use Android Messages, but I don't believe it has anything to do with the stock messenger, however it was an app carried over from my Motorola X4 when I switched to the 6T.