Join our Friendly User Testing program for TMO version of 6T and & 7 Pro

1. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2019

docnok63 , Oct 27, 2019 :
    If you've read this post, you'll see that the T-Mobile FUT for the OP7Pro has released three builds to testers so far. There's probably been more builds, just not posted. Only the 6T FUT was temporarily put on hold (probably due to lack of human resources while they fix the A10 problems across several devices. They even added the 6 series to the mix to make their lives harder.

The A10 build has to get a lot more stable before OP will send it to T-Mobile otherwise TMo will just reject putting it on their network. This will obviously take some time, but there's always hope for Xmas...

2. somenothingness , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Oct 27, 2019 :
    I really couldn't comment on the fut for the T-Mobile 7 pro for obvious reasons. however as far as the fut for the T-Mobile 6t it's already in development so it would make sense that when they begin the testing phase that's when the fut would begin for us to test it as well. obviously one plus will not send A10 to T-Mobile until the global version is stable. I fully expect it to be two months behind global. I think that's the general consensus at this point as far as a timeline is considered.

Now I really wouldn't rule out the fut for the T-Mobile 6t rolling out in the next couple weeks.

3. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2019

docnok63 , Oct 27, 2019 :
    It's obvious you're mixing three channels together and lumping them together. This FUT is a closed beta channel. You don't have to comment on the OP7Pro FUT releases, because, as I said, there's been at least three different builds screenshotted in this thread. The builds are in the wild. Also, at least two testers posted screenshots of "test" OP7Pro's being sent to them via Fedex through this program.

The OP6T FUT is not in development. There was a screenshot posted here of an email sent to a FUT tester saying as much and offering him a OP7Pro test device instead.

Open Beta is the next phase after Closed Beta and is currently out for both the international 6 and 7 series. You'd think that this would be a good indicator for FUT to start on the 6T series, but with all the problems on A10, I think they'll hold off until 2020 for that device.

Stable is the final phase and international 10.0.0 and 10.0.1 are nowhere near stable. These are, by far, the worst firmwares every labeled as stable by OnePlus. They're an embarrassment to the company. It's going to take some Google patches to fix things under the hood before OP can put their proper OOS skin on top of it. Of course, there's always the option for OP to keep releasing sh1t "stable" builds to the public....

ironass and HipsG like this.
  4. somenothingness , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Oct 27, 2019 :
    ...ok.

5. Ytkuser
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2019

somenothingness likes this.
  6. Bronsoned1
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2019

7. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2019

docnok63 , Oct 29, 2019 :
    No, they've removed the link from the first post. Possibly yesterday since I see "Last edited: Yesterday at 9:37 AM" at the bottom of the post now.

8. JuAnCaStRoP
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2019

9. E1572378190364
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2019

10. JuAnCaStRoP
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2019

JuAnCaStRoP , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 31, 2019 :
    I am just wondering how that is going to work given that they don't have a way to let you update your phone and I don't think tmobile can pull one like Google does with beta.

11. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2019

docnok63 , Oct 31, 2019 :
    That's highly doubtful. The signup being closed is irrelevant to the development process. They were probably just tired of getting applications when they'd already filled as many slots as they wanted to. I think the OP7P build will be in December and TMo 6T next year (international variant POSSIBLY December.)

The same with every other TMo release. They will push OTA and automatically install since TMo firmware doesn't have a local upgrade option.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019

JuAnCaStRoP likes this.
  12. Fahimzz
    Donut Oct 31, 2019

13. Dgafking0480
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 31, 2019

docnok63 likes this.
  14. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 31, 2019

ironass , Oct 31, 2019 :
    The OnePlus 6T global model will be receiving the stock, stable, OxygenOS for Android 10 in November according to the OnePlus release schedule...

[​IMG]

15. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2019

How is that relevant?

1) This thread is about the TMo variant
    2) You quoted me as saying that it's possible (but I think VERY unlikely) to come to the TMo variant as soon as December. That's after November, so I gave no misinformation.

Most likely, since the 7P FUT is active, is a December Xmas treat for TMo 7P users. OP loves giving holiday gifts each year (firmware releases.) The 6T will almost assuredly have to wait until 2020 unless OP is just going to make a build similar to the 7P based on FUT feedback.

16. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 31, 2019

ironass , Oct 31, 2019 :
    The way your quote read... "TMo 6T next year (international variant POSSIBLY December.)", indicated that December was a indeed a possibility. However, OnePlus have committed themselves to a November release. This may, or may not, have a bearing on the TMO 6T.

17. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2019

Ahhh, yes. There was some misinformation. Thank you. Weird thing is, I knew all about that chart. Based on 7P OB4, they're probably going to release another crap A10 build and call it stable. It's only partially their fault though. They're being handed crap base builds from Google. OOS can't cover all the crap.

ironass likes this.