Join our Friendly User Testing program for TMO version of 6T and & 7 Pro via OnePlus 6T

1. JuAnCaStRoP
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2019

JuAnCaStRoP , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 31, 2019 :
    Then how does t-mobile push the update to your phone. Cause in the case of Google when you join beta they can use the play services or whatever they use with your email to send you the update. Cause I am sign up for this and am just trying to find out how. Just in case I need to roll back to stock tmobile

2. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2019

docnok63 , Oct 31, 2019 :
    The installer goes into a temporary directory on your phone. On a global variant of the phone, this directory is easy to get access to and you can save the update for another day if you want. As soon as the installer runs and you reboot the phone, the installer gets deleted. TMo's variant hides this directory and doesn't let you hold off on an update. The file also gets deleted on restart.

The final build of this Closed Beta will probably be the stock version sent to the rest of TMo OP7P users. You won't have any need to roll back. You'll be ahead of the game, not behind. Of course if you ever need to, with minimal computing skills, you can MSM back to TMo v9.5.3: https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...obile-one-plus-7-pro-msm-tool-revert-t3936528

3. JuAnCaStRoP
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2019

Thanks, but I have the 6t and I know how to use the tool. But are we going to be told we are in the program thru email or are we going to get it thru update message.

4. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2019

Ahhh, I'm not in the program but I believe they just send the package to tester's IMEI numbers and it comes via OTA.

somenothingness and Dgafking0480 like this.
  5. G_Steve_Johnson_ZxZZ
    Froyo Oct 31, 2019

G_Steve_Johnson_ZxZZ , Oct 31, 2019 :
    Just wanted to report: I am a 6T user and signed up a week or so ago and just got the NDA agreement in email today. I see posts saying the signup had closed, but I assume signing an NDA means it was at least open a week or so ago and that I, as a 6T user, have been accepted into the program.

somenothingness and docnok63 like this.
  6. JuAnCaStRoP
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2019

7. somenothingness , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Oct 31, 2019 :
    Maybe they wanted as many as possible.
    Maybe 100 isn't the limit.
    Anyway hopefully this test arrives before Black Friday sales begin and is not a crap fest like A10 is for the tmo 7 pro.
    I mean I just as soon stay on what I'm on and be stable than a crappy build like everybody else is getting right now it seems.

8. JuAnCaStRoP
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2019

Do I have to be notified by them that am going to get beta or does it do it automatically.

9. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2019

I don't think there's a way for OP to avoid releasing crap A10 builds until Google fixes the A10 base. Google needs to acknowledge the problems and start releasing firmware updates (not security patch updates) as soon as possible so their fixes to can filter down to OEMs.

Automatically.

JuAnCaStRoP likes this.
  10. JuAnCaStRoP
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2019

So I guess from what you said it seams like they will not even let you know and just go ahead and add you.

11. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2019

Oh no, you will definitely get an email letting you know you're in the program. I'm not sure, because I'm not in the program, there might be a way to decline the program from the email. Once you get the email and you don't decline the program, the update will come randomly one day via OTA when it's ready. You'll just get a notification on your phone that a software update is available.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019

JuAnCaStRoP likes this.
  12. Pauln64
    Eclair Nov 4, 2019

13. G_Steve_Johnson_ZxZZ
    Froyo Nov 4, 2019

14. EL1TxE
    Donut Nov 4, 2019

EL1TxE , Nov 4, 2019 :
    Will there be available friendly testing programs for OnePlus 6 ?

15. somenothingness , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Nov 4, 2019 :
    The fut is for T-Mobile variants of the 6T and 7 pro. T-Mobile did not sell the OnePlus 6. The OnePlus 6 has already gotten it's A10 update. it was halted but it has resumed.

ironass and EL1TxE like this.
  16. EL1TxE
    Donut Nov 4, 2019

EL1TxE , Nov 4, 2019 :
    ok ,thx

somenothingness likes this.
  17. Ytkuser
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2019

18. docnok63
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2019

docnok63 , Nov 5, 2019 :
    I've seen you been in this thread pretty much since the beginning. Why do you troll like this? You have to know at least three builds have been screenshot by OP7P testers. I can't find the first (maybe a mod removed?), but here is the second build:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...of-6t-and-7-pro.1045519/page-46#post-20767489

and that is from Sept 18th. There was one more posted after that (I'm not going to keep scrolling/linking.) The program has been actively running since early Sept for OP7P users and, if I'm reading his post right, @Ytkuser basically confirmed in the post above yours that the first OP6T build rolled out yesterday without a screenshot/saying so much.

trafalger888 likes this.