Join our OnePlus 5T AMA now!

1. askapare
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

askapare , Nov 21, 2017 :
    @Carl What is your plan for the camera updates? OnePlus 5T seems to be receiving a lot of bad press over it's choice of 2nd camera with same f1.7 lens and also about the camera quality , essentially saying the photos are good to be shared on social media but lack details on the big screen. Also true for the beautification feature for the selfie cam. Any plans to improve the software for the camera anytime soon?

2. vipulmehta_
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

vipulmehta_ , Nov 21, 2017 :
    If you are keeping near to stock experience, why dont you bring timely security updates.

3. obakesan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2017

AnEverydayAlice likes this.
  4. ajembucika
    Eclair Nov 21, 2017

5. G_adel_shaikh_Bxmt
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

6. G_AMIT_CHATURVEDI_RBsa
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

M. Elmaleh likes this.
  7. Wkdintent
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

M. Elmaleh likes this.
  8. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 21, 2017

Dunnow , Nov 21, 2017 :
    because they have @Adam Krisko managing a team of hand picket beta testers to give them feedback.

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  9. jabbeboy91
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

jabbeboy91 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    I can partly answer this one for you.
    There is already a built-in function for this called Smart-lock in Settings -> Security ->Smart-lock..
    There you can use "face-unlock" in combination with pin/pattern and fingerprint to unlock.

Its not 100% secure as Oneplus also state theirs approach is, but nothing in this world is 100% safe, so enjoy it or not use it. :)

I can say, the times i have used it, no face other than my own has been locking up my phone, but a picture ofcourse unlocks it.

Do what you want. No need for waiting on something that practically already exists.

10. Shrish.vvy
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

Shrish.vvy , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Also can we expect any changes in setting apps in Oreo update for OnePlus 5 since even though it is Oreo but setting app looks like the same present in nougat at least in OnePlus 3T?

jabbeboy91 likes this.
  11. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Nov 21, 2017 :
    They didn't select be in the LAB besides my awesome OP3 gaming review :( someone needs to cover OP5Ts gaming performance.

meatandy likes this.
  12. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Nov 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Tom B. , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Hi Subhash! We are planning to launch OnePlus 5T via souq.com
    Stay tuned!

pablofg1978, gaster and SubhashNayak like this.
  13. Deepak.Si
    KitKat Nov 21, 2017

Deepak.Si , Nov 21, 2017 :
    But it's unlikely they'll bring it to OP5....they said you have a front facing fingerprint reader...Use that:rolleyes:

14. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 21, 2017

Dunnow , Nov 21, 2017 :
    you can record the screen with many screen recorders, why a gif particularly? it's the same as a video, but worse color space...

15. Krishanu Bordoloi
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

Krishanu Bordoloi , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Do you think the customers will wait for the "T" variant from now on? Do you think sales will marginally decline for the original variant?

M. Elmaleh likes this.
  16. vitorbasso
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

vitorbasso , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Well, here is an excerpt from your face unlock post:

"...with a focus on convenience and ease of access. Face Unlock is only designed as an additional option to open your device for the sake of convenience."

I don't see how these don't also apply for the OnePlus 5 as well. To say it wouldn't benefit from a new feature that doesn't replace the fingerprint sensor but rather complement it is a total lie.
    Doesn't go well with your own words "Never Settle". Maybe just change it to "Just Settle" then?

Despite this horrible "answer", I really like OnePlus and the work you guys do. Please don't taint it with poor excuses like that. The OnePlus 5t has differences enough to differentiate it from the OnePlus 5 without having to strip the 5 from features like that (that would instead make the company look better by supporting and updating the device they just released 5 months ago).

For my question now:
    Will the 5 at least get parallel apps as well?

Thanks for the hard work.

17. mosesv26
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2017

mosesv26 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    What were your biggest hurdles in developing the 5T and did you consider the 5 came out only a few months before.

18. obakesan

meatandy and AnEverydayAlice like this.
  19. Louis S.
    Product Manager Staff Member Nov 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Louis S. , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Every time we consider releasing a T device, we first determine whether the technology available enables us to deliver a superior product. We believe in sharing the best technology with the world whenever possible.

20. xythiii

xythiii , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Are you going to move to qhd screen?
    Is face unlock coming to op5?
    Why is the camera op5t better than op5?