Join our OnePlus 5T AMA now!

1. Ananya2703
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

Ananya2703 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    will OP5 receive a good camera software update as it struggles in low light and portrait mode pics are not always to the point.
    people have informed about the and from long time but haven't heard a word from you guys.

Shrish.vvy likes this.
  2. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Nov 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Tom B. , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Hello Rizwan!
    Unfortunately, we don't have any plans for No Cost EMI at the moment.

Dhiren Velari and pablofg1978 like this.
  3. G_Arvin_S_DSUN
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

G_Arvin_S_DSUN , Nov 21, 2017 :
    OnePlus team, thank you for the awesome products and congrats with the recent release of OnePlus 5T. My question would be a bit of off topic about OP5T, but more of like general question regarding OnePlus and here it is...Are there any plans of putting a OnePlus store here in Philippines? Got my OP5 just last month by the way from a local distributor. Thanks and more power! :)

Gary C. likes this.
  4. Louis S.
    Product Manager Staff Member Nov 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Louis S. , Nov 21, 2017 :
    No, in the past we have experimented with customizable fingerprint gestures. But, these never resulted in an intuitive and pleasant user experience.

5. hrajpal96
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

hrajpal96 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    How is it that it's been implemented on the 5T

6. Louis S.

Stickied Post
    No, cases do not interfere with NFC on the OnePlus 5T.

Dhiren Velari, pablofg1978 and gaster like this.
  7. W1511277063941
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

W1511277063941 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Hi
    Am honored to be part in a wonderful community like one plus and is very interested in the new one plus 5t but unsure as i had a very bad experience with a one plus 3t

8. Ananya2703
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

Ananya2703 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    your technology used in OP5T was already available during OP5 just admit it that you kept that technology to make more money from ur so called "most valued customers".

9. aleung10
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

aleung10 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Hi OnePlus,

I would like to ask why Carl said the Face Unlock wasn't coming to OnePlus 5 due to hardware limitations when it's not as it's only software, and would like to ask how Face Unlock would not be beneficial to OnePlus 5? Just because the front fingerprint sensor offers a great experience doesn't mean another security feature would not be great for OnePlus 5. Please tell me truthfully, is the Face Unlock that is exclusive to OnePlus 5t only a marketing gimmick? Since you guys are all about the customers, would you agree to put Face Unlock in OnePlus 5 if alot of people are requesting it and since OnePlus 5 and 5t has the same update cycle, shouldn't we get the same software anyways, including Face Unlock?

Thanks for your time.

Adrian

Rohit Talwar, naveenv20 and ile95 like this.
  10. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 21, 2017

Dunnow , Nov 21, 2017 :
    I'm not asking to enter, I was replying to the guy. I know you welcome me to the program. And you know that if I ever get a device apt to participate I will. It's just that I don't trust OnePlus... yet. after all the data mining and all that was uncovered recently took me away from getting the 5, and I was waiting anyway to see the pixel 2 and other bezel-less devices (including the 5t)... I'm now waiting for @dsmonteiro to review the device.

I hoped @Carl decided to be the better men and tell me he regrets the OP2 so much that OnePlus would provide me a review unit already, but oh well :p

It is a shame, since the 3t things have changed a bit, and 5 seemed like a solid device (shame on the disgusting iPhone looks tho) but still... too many dirt uncovered again... :S

11. Louis S.

Stickied Post
    Yes, we will continue to offer new updates for the OnePlus 5 camera.

Shadow0929, jferraz, youbi and 7 others like this.
  12. NovinDavis
    KitKat Nov 21, 2017

NovinDavis , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Last question can Software improve Camera Quality for Oneplus 5 ? in our country 5& 5T were released in same price
    I do understand 5T has superior low light Camera .. But i still believe Oneplus 5 can improve Potrait mode

Also why not add Camera app to Playstore for faster updates

13. Jiatan
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

Jiatan , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Any updates on when it will be available in Singapore? As well as warranty for it in Singapore?

14. G_Carlos_Scherer_BQSl
    Donut Nov 21, 2017

G_Carlos_Scherer_BQSl , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Hello!

I'm from Mexico and I ordered 2 phones for me and my wife, I'll be at US for christmass, can't wait to get hands on the devices. We've had OPO since it launched.

I have a question.

I didn't see any protection plan when I ordered, is there going to be a protection plan? And can we get it even after ordering the 5T? It would be difficult and expensive for me to send the phone without protection plan to the US to fix it if something happened, so I would really like this option.

Thanks and best regards!

Shadow0929 likes this.
  15. otrobruno
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

16. devesh28
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

devesh28 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    My question is: Whether there will be an exchange program for oneplus 3T users?

17. ile95
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

ile95 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    As Louis stated here, OP5 would not benefit from Face Unlock feature. Your statement is in confict with this, because according to what you say OP5 would.bemefit from Face Unlock feature too when using flip cover. But I guess it's still a no for the 5?

18. dcmcc24
    KitKat Nov 21, 2017

19. Vivek2989
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

20. analgesic
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

analgesic , Nov 21, 2017 :
    + Does the 5T support screen-off "okay Google..." commands when the device isn't charging?

+ Why hasn't this been implemented on previous models given that the Snapdragon hardware supports it?

AnEverydayAlice likes this.