Join our OnePlus 5T AMA now!

1. Navdeep_Malik
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2017

Navdeep_Malik , Nov 21, 2017 :
    are speakers on 5 and 5t identical? it is said by reviewers 5t has better sound is it some software optimisation?

Schizorican likes this.
  2. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 21, 2017

Dunnow , Nov 21, 2017 :
    So... another question... any option to enable video output on the device? And I don't mean wireless one, that one lags. One through USB as MHL ?

@Carl ? be a good boy an answer that for me?

If it's NOT there, could it BE there?

G_plusone likes this.
  3. Voxmagna
    Donut Nov 21, 2017

Voxmagna , Nov 21, 2017 :
    It does already

Shadow0929 likes this.
  4. gowtham123456789

gowtham123456789 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Lol lot of people aren't , people still prefer sub 5 inch form factor devices even though the 6 inch screen is in a 5.5 inch similar body its still a very big screen and unveildable to most people , these phones need to be in our pockets need to be everywhere why can't OEMs do a sub 5.5 inch screen on a smaller body for ex apple did .it did 5.8 inch screen on a 5.2 inch body and that shit is selling like hot cakes 6+ inch is still overkill I don't need a tablet replacement for my phone take the pixels for example the normal Pixel 2 is selling very very well .why can't we get a bezeless phone with a reasonably sized big screen in a great form factor that's easy to hold

5. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 21, 2017

Dunnow , Nov 21, 2017 :
    it was supposed to be implemented on the OnePlus one, after an update, but I believe they never managed to do so.

6. mfeinstein
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

mfeinstein , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Ao here are some very focused questions on the OnePlus 5:

1 - Can you fix the RAW capture mode on the OnePlus 5? My RAW pictures come severely overexposed, too bright and blurred, it's awful for RAW mode.

2 - Could you let me select the noise correction level on the camera? Right now the camera has a very aggressive denoise algorithm, it loses details when I crop the images. The cropped image appear artificial, with blocks os color, without contrast, like a cheap camera will do. I understand you make this to get noise out, but at least let me choose how much you apply, like a hidden configuration.

3 - Could you make the Flash available in Pro Mode? I seriously don't get how am I going to shoot a picture at night, in Pro Mode, without a Flash.

4 - Can I please get HDR on the Camera Pro Mode?

5 - Could you make the Gallery app open the RAW pictures? What's the point of shooting RAW on the native app if you need an external all to see it?

6 - Could you add some sort of icon to indicate if I am using the digital or the optic zoom on the camera app? It could be a some "D" or "O", like "2x D" or "2x O". And being able to force the camera to use on Pro Mode would be great too.

6- @Gary C. Could you please fix the Bug Report option for developers? If I try to get a Bug Report on the OnePlus 5, the "Share" notification doesn't do anything.

7 -
    @Gary C. On the Shelf, there isn't much sense clicking the + and then selecting the one and only option there (it even goes against Material Design), so please, remove the option and make the + button directly add the option.

G_plusone likes this.
  7. jerrymilton
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2017

jerrymilton , Nov 21, 2017 :
    @Carl why is there no OnGuard option for folks in the USA ? Ya'll had this same screw up for the first few hours of OP2 launch

[​IMG]

8. Shrish.vvy
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

Shrish.vvy , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Also in the future updates will OnePlus Provides a feature like lens blur found in Google camera which allow users to capture portrait mode images from front facing camera?Also I have observed that in 1080 p 60 fps camera hunts for focus.I created bug report for it and got reply stating that it was a hardware limitation since fast autofocus won't work in that configuration.so is there any possibility of solving it?

9. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Cz it's OnePlus I suppose ;)

10. ashishmisra72
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

ashishmisra72 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    When is it going to release for sale in Australia?
    I wanted to buy One plus 5 and I am actually sad that i couldn't find way to buy and by the time i realised how amazing One Plus is, it was out of stock. I am not a big fan who know all about One Plus but I am sure that i am on right path of becoming one.
    If it's not going to release anytime soon in Australia, Will it be wise decision to buy it online from amazon India & then import it from India? because i cannot lose this chance of buying 5T @Carl @Louis S. @Gary C. @Adam Krisko @Kale W. @tombruno
    Please, Please, Please, Please suggest something.

11. rafael1628
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

rafael1628 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    No, the histogram and level are not present in OnePlus 3/3T

Shadow0929 and Voxmagna like this.
  12. Tom B.
    Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Nov 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Tom B. , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Good idea! ;)

pablofg1978, gaster and kingkw like this.
  13. vinayak RAINA
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

14. F_Stephen_Dwiputra_Tanum
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

F_Stephen_Dwiputra_Tanum , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Hello! I will traveling to Europe - Frankfurt from 1 to 5 December. Im really interested to buy oneplus 5T, where i could buy it in Store near Frankfurt? or should i order it from website? because if i order it from the website, im afraid if the ETA take longer than my holiday schedule's. Please response, thanks

15. Sehej Jain

Sehej Jain , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Will there be a star wars version?
    Cause there are some posts on XDA about some lines of code mentioning it.

Shadow0929 likes this.
  16. Voxmagna
    Donut Nov 21, 2017

Voxmagna , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Has the vibration motor been improved since the 5, i unfortunately neglected to test it at the NY unveiling. :(

17. maggeorge
    Donut Nov 21, 2017

maggeorge , Nov 21, 2017 :
    I have a similar question 9 pages back. No replay yet...

dcmcc24 likes this.
  18. devesh28
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

devesh28 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Does Oneplus 5T face unlock feature can differentiate between identical twins

19. B.yashaswi

B.yashaswi , Nov 21, 2017 :
    @Carl @David y

20. Adam Krisko
    KitKat Community Expert Nov 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Adam Krisko , Nov 21, 2017 :
    No, we do not support USB video out of any kind. No, it will not be implemented.