Join our OnePlus 5T AMA now!

1. nosidefcp
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

nosidefcp , Nov 21, 2017 :
    @Carl i reported a system problem regarding student discounts. the discount just disapeared at checkout and i had to order the phone without it. many others are reporting same issue. will i get a refund since this is your system error?

2. nyzproof333
    KitKat Nov 21, 2017

nyzproof333 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    "Hey Gang" after you pulled these guys through the mud with your Thunder Clap campaign? Classic.

3. MANYA_1999
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

MANYA_1999 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Any chance of fixing cam2api on op5.
    All apps using cam2api to get raw images have a weird dot pattern on them.
    Even the op5 stock camera dng have dot patterns on them.totally ruins the editing.

mfeinstein likes this.
  4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 21, 2017

dsmonteiro , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Is assfaces more of your liking?

pa5t1s and Android450 like this.
  5. sammerasker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2017

sammerasker , Nov 21, 2017 :
    @Carl @Adam Krisko
    this was asked in a different ways before, about the point of a device and then 6 moths after a better one , why buy the 1st one, meaning why buy 5 when i know there will 5T or 6 when i know there will be 6T...etc..
    that's not my question though, i understand the business side of this a little bit.
    my question is why not keep the 2 devices strategy but merge it with the OPX or OPX -like program, i mean release 2 device one has the proprietary OnePlus experience the T variant in this case and the regular one (with bezel and everything) has a lighter experience , maybe even an android one device, this way you're not exactly doing the mid-range device, but for the non-T device you can control the budget, and i'm sure there'll be fans for both, and if you did the android one thing , you'll take some-weight from developing for 2 devices each year.

G_plusone and Android450 like this.
  6. Dextter

Dextter , Nov 21, 2017 :
    @Carl being a mobile manufacturer what are the technologies which OnePlus thinks are key inorder to decide future of smartphones and which are the technologies that OnePlus is thriving to have but don't have. thank you. never settle. :)

7. Android450
    Marshmallow Nov 21, 2017

Android450 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    I'll ask these for @calvinistmac :)

If anyone could respond to these please

1) Are you all planning on moving to the actual Oreo UI? I heard someone say Adam said it was happening but I just wanted confirmation. These forums are a mess of rumors.

2) Is this beta build patched against the KRACK vulnerability?

3) Why do you guys always lag in the security patches and why do you only ever use the 1st of the month partial patches? This has been asked numerous times by numerous people on here and no one has ever gotten a straight answer.

8. analgesic
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

analgesic , Nov 21, 2017 :
    What Thunder Clap campaign?

9. Adam Krisko
    KitKat Community Expert Nov 21, 2017

10. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

jimmmysil , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Great nice to hear that you guys are investigating this!
    As I see around is a useful feature that the majority of the community wants to see on our beloved device! By the way I love the fingerprint scanner on the back! Thanks for hearing us guys!

Adam Krisko likes this.
  11. AcmE85

AcmE85 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Let me rephrase this a little bit:

We all know you don't have the capability to get close to Google's HDR+ processing.
    As you probably heard, the HDR+ mod works flawless on the OP3/T and makes it surpass the OP5 and even the OP5T easily, judging by the samples online.

The OP5 has issues with the mod (dot pattern and focus). Did you fix these issues within your Hal/API implementation so users can use the better camera app? (There is an open report saying these dot patterns also show up when shooting raw with third party apps)

MANYA_1999 and otto2 like this.
  12. mihaitaus
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

13. Prabhu M
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

Prabhu M , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Then why we have fingerprint sensor for 5T. Since you know this would not benefit for 5T. you would remove the sensor

14. Prabhu M
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

Then why we have fingerprint sensor for 5T. Since this also would not benefit for 5T.

hrajpal96 likes this.
  15. Prabhu M
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

Then why we have fingerprint sensor for 5T. Since this would not benefit for 5T.

16. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2017

kaihp , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Any plans to move from USB-2 to USB-3.x (read) speeds? - I guess writing to the device would be limited by the flash write speed anyway.

G_plusone likes this.
  17. Mr.Doge
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

Mr.Doge , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Isn't it a problem to not have physical buttons for you? Can we expect them in a future device? It really is a major concern for me and i don't see the point of adding screen height because most of the time it's gonna display software buttons

mattam24 likes this.
  18. Kar_thik44
    Eclair Nov 21, 2017

19. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

jimmmysil , Nov 21, 2017 :
    I agree these issues need to be addressed asap since op adverises

I agree these issues have to be addressed asap since one plus advertises that OP 5T is upgraded at the camera section and the telephoto lens removed to improve quality.

Also I wanna ask what happened with Dxomark? They don't work together anymore? I remember during OP5 announcement one plus announced that they work together with Dxomark to improve op5's camera quality & performance.

20. wemilly
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

wemilly , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Talking about smatphones security and future, fingerprint sensor and facial unlock are the best you can find in the market right now, but we can still find a few mistakes in the system specially when talking to facial unlock. What can we expect from OnePlus for the future? Do you guys think that these tecnologies are just the beginninig or they're already the future just needing to upgrade? I've got impressed with some videos tests I saw on Youtube on how quick the face unlock is!!