Join our OnePlus 5T AMA now!

1. Sauronych
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

Sauronych , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Can you assign different actions to the fingerprint gestures, like with the long/double press on the navigation buttons?

2. Pro4TLZZ
    Eclair Nov 21, 2017

Pro4TLZZ , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Um because the note series is a different line up. The 3t was supposed to be a one off because Qualcomm stopped production of the Snapdragon 821.

They produced a limited quantity of op5 stock knowing full well that they will sell a bezelless 5t just 5 months after, why did they not tell us that the op5 was a beta for the 5t, we could have waited and saved our money. Anyway enjoy 1 year of software updates

3. benny3
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

benny3 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    The rear fingerprint sensor is so much better. I had a Axon 7 with it on the rear and i actually used it as where i don't on the front facing sensor

4. G_Wojciech_“ru1er”_Z
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

G_Wojciech_“ru1er”_Z , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Is there possibility to incorporate flat color profile for video recordings into 5T camera, like LG did in v30 with lg cine log? I have used filmic pro log profile on my OP3 but it doesn't compare with what I'm getting on LG v30.
    Cheers

5. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

jimmmysil , Nov 21, 2017 :
    That's not true, ofc note series is a different line up but Samsung back at April let the users believe that there will be no note series this year and that's why the introduced S8+ and everyone who wanted the note model went for the S8+ instead... And guess what! They released a note model this year.

Anyway I am not saying that since their competitors are disrespectful towards their customers they should be too but with one plus that's not the case. Also this thread here is a proof for that. They hear our needs. Never seen something like that in other manufacturers and trust me I have been an owner of many Sammy, LG, Google, Sony devices

As for the updates they clean stated OP5 is not abandoned. It will continue getting updates and improvements for 2 years starting of the release date and security updates for 3 years. The same goes for OP5t.

6. rrohanjs
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

rrohanjs , Nov 21, 2017 :
    More space ? More noise ?
    There is not one video in YouTube saying this, all say the opposite mate.
    I've ordered my 5t can't wait to try both the camera apps.

7. Pro4TLZZ
    Eclair Nov 21, 2017

Pro4TLZZ , Nov 21, 2017 :

you are deluding yourself, everyone knew the rumours of the note phone, the only difference to the s8 is the pen and camera and the camera is much better than the op5.

the 5t and 5 will get Oreo and the android after that. after that support ends, there is no treble so they will blame it on that. 1 year of software support is not justified so stop

8. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Nov 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    David Y. , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Answer hidden in this post:
    The OnePlus 5T - Let's talk about the headphone jack

Answer hidden in this post:
    Let's talk about Wireless Charging

Why not on our own forums? ;)

9. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

jimmmysil , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Well if I were you, feeling like that I would definitely abandon one plus for another manufacturer. You have plenty of options out there. Ofc you will have to pay most likely twice as much though but if you feel this way it worths the cost.

speedlever likes this.
  10. Plenkske
    Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 21, 2017

Plenkske , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Love it ! How did/does the staff liked/likes it ?

pablofg1978 and RogueS4 like this.
  11. itssandeepd
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

itssandeepd , Nov 21, 2017 :
    but having an option like at least a hybrid slot can help users who need that extra storage. some people wont use dual sim so this hybrid slot feature may come in handy.

12. plonknet
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

plonknet , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Dear OP-Staff,

ive wanted to know, when the wooden cases will be available to buy on ur website. ive thought their goin to be available today at launch... but no :(

kind regards

13. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Nov 21, 2017

gaster , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Great to see all these answers. Good job guys

pablofg1978 likes this.
  14. thelonelyguy223
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

15. Harish kiddy
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

Harish kiddy , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Guys i liked One plus 5T i need to buy can any one is intrested to by my oneplus 3t for a descent price...

16. donard80
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

17. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 21, 2017

18. AJ_TheOne
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

19. SJBoss
    Lollipop Nov 21, 2017

SJBoss , Nov 21, 2017 :
    @Carl @Louis S. @Gary C. @Adam Krisko

hi Everyone :) I would be happy if any of you can answer some of my questions

1. my question regarding the camera is how and why you guys came up with a very unusual 16+20 setup?

2. the Only time device make use of both cameras is while capturing Portraits, which can be done on software basis without a second camera and without losing quality (Pixel 2) so I don't see the point of a second camera?

3. the Second Camera is supposed to enhance lowlight photography, but the Second Camera only jumps in at a certain point and all alone, why don't try to make use of both cameras? and if not again what's the point of the second Camera, i believe both of the cameras are as good as the other in daylight performance so why don't put the one which is better in lowlight condition and spend rest of the money in R&D for better Software Optimizations?

4. OIS is better than EIS in every way, cause with EIS there is at least some image degradation (visible in lowlight conditions) so is there any particular reason you didn't considered OIS?

I'm waiting for your response :)

G_Mateo_DxQd, otto2 and M. Elmaleh like this.
  20. besweeet
    Eclair Nov 21, 2017

besweeet , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Would love to know why the 5T doesn't have a front fingerprint sensor even though it looks like there still might be enough room for a small one?