Join our OnePlus 5T AMA now!

1. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2017

Ceasedd , Nov 22, 2017 :
    Will there be a Red OP5t in the near future? It's your official color..

G_plusone likes this.
  2. vuP22
    Donut Nov 22, 2017

3. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2017

G_plusone , Nov 22, 2017 :
    Hi @Adam Krisko could you answer this?
    Also will you guys improve slow motion recording?
    Slowmo without zoom in??

4. jineshpatel30
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2017

jineshpatel30 , Nov 22, 2017 :
    @Adam Krisko

I bought OP2 but gave it away due to no major Android Updates & bought Nexus 6P instead of OP, now i'm considering my next device to be OP again so,

1) why one plus T series device are constantly released with previous version of android rather than latest available one.(Oreo is out for more than 2months now and still 5T released with Nougat, if you can update 3/3T to Oreo in same time-frame around 5T release then you can definitely release 5T with Oreo, similar case was there for 3T it was released with Marshmallow instead on Nougat )

is it to give "false" perception of more updates ? (guile marketing technique i must say :p )

2) Now important question, Since you guys consider Normal & T version as a unit and sync their updates over time, what does this make for 2 years of Update support ?

will it be counted from November (T) or from June ?

Why i'm asking this?, if it's counted from November then only, T version will get 2 years for Updates otherwise it'll just get only one year of major update.

For example 3T was released in November with 6.x (which should have released with 7.x) , so "fairly" it only get 8.x as true update, now if you pull the plug on update from June'18 for both 3 & 3T (because you like to sync updates) then 3T won't get Android P (will release around August) which it supposed to get as it fall well under it's 2 year support period (November) but outside 3's support period (June).

I'm excepting these answer with honesty rather than PR point, OP is now playing in major league so i'm expecting clarity over how device will be supported and thing won't go OP2 way again.

PS: To people who are ready to point out price difference between OP & Other flagships, while other flagships almost doubled their price from $600 to $1000 OP also almost doubled their Price from $300 to $500, so don't start that debate.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017

5. RobinJ
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2017

RobinJ , Nov 22, 2017 :
    I asked this on page 3 but it appears to have either been ignored or just looked over, so in the hopes that I can get an answer:
    What happened to the wooden cases? I was looking at getting teh 5T with a rosewood case yesterday but I ended up holding off because the wooden cases no longer seem to be there... Are they coming soon, or have they been dropped?

6. Adam Krisko
    KitKat Community Expert Nov 22, 2017

Stickied Post
    Adam Krisko , Nov 22, 2017 :
    To my knowledge, no OEM ever released camera blobs source code, and yes, I understand your frustration.

Let me rephrase my answer.

The "blobs" as most people refer to are available to devs already. That being said, to make a custom rom have picture quality as good as a stock rom (the one provided from the OEM) requires much more than just the blob. One often needs access to the proprietary code that is licensed only to the OEM that produced the phone originally. We have no legal way (or right) to give that out to anyone.

7. Adam Krisko
    KitKat Community Expert Nov 22, 2017

Adam Krisko , Nov 22, 2017 :
    David answered here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/join-our-oneplus-5t-ama-now.686679/page-32#post-17151472

Dhiren Velari and RobinJ like this.
  8. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 22, 2017

dsmonteiro , Nov 22, 2017 :
    Have you received it already? That was fast.

9. Carl
    Co-founder Staff Member Nov 22, 2017

Stickied Post
    Carl , Nov 22, 2017 :
    I hope that our team can become stronger and stronger, while we deliver better and better products for our fans.

RonaldM, amsify, Shadow0929 and 3 others like this.
  10. Carl

Stickied Post
    Carl , Nov 22, 2017 :
    Does our camera do some smart stuff? Yes. Would I call it AI? To be honest, I don't know what AI means yet. I think it will take another five years until we understand the real implications of AI.

For now, and especially when it comes to smartphones, AI remains a buzzword.

11. Carl

Stickied Post

Dhiren Velari, youbi and meatandy like this.
  12. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Nov 22, 2017 :
    @Carl should old OnePlus Phone owners be happy about the new 5T or displeased their device got outdated quickly?

13. SJBoss
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2017

SJBoss , Nov 22, 2017 :
    my questions :)
    please....... :)

14. Dhritiman5
    Donut Nov 22, 2017

15. sammerasker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2017

16. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 22, 2017

dsmonteiro , Nov 22, 2017 :
    @Adam Krisko @Gary C.@Carl

I know you guys already said that Project Treble is not coming to the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T, but I would like to understand why.

When I first saw that the 5T was shipping still with Nougat, I assumed it was so that you could eventually merge OnePlus 5 and 5T builds together, while supporting Treble for both. But now I don't quite understand why OnePlus 3/3T got Oreo first while the 5/5T will get it only in 2018.

So, in short:
    • Why did you decide not to implement Treble?
    • Why did you decide to ship OP5T with Nougat rather than Oreo?

17. sammerasker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2017

sammerasker , Nov 22, 2017 :
    @Adam Krisko @Carl
    question 2
    there's some ZSL implementation on Oreo roms for 3/3T, is there plans to enable it? or does it enable automatically in specific situations... i noticed improve speed on 16:9 mode. !

Hkray likes this.
  18. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2017

Paranoid Android Camera is better than Oxygen OS Camera. How did they do it?

dsmonteiro and Hkray like this.
  19. Hkray
    Donut Nov 22, 2017

Hkray , Nov 22, 2017 :

20. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2017

Shipping a device with Oreo will require Project Treble to be implemented. Mandatory.