Join our OnePlus 5T AMA now!

1. Mahmoud Mahafdah
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2018

Mahmoud Mahafdah , Jan 21, 2018 :
    Hello Tom, can i please ask if you are going to launch the official oneplus 5t accessories at the oneplus-store on Souq.com. Thanks in advance.

2. andyboi1818
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2018

andyboi1818 , Jan 23, 2018 :
    PLS ANS ME JUST ONE SIMPLE STRAIGHT FORWARD QUESTION THAT WILL MAKE ME DECIDE TO GO WITH THE 5T AND DITCH MY 5,

THAT IS ARE THE GPS HARDWARE USED IN THE 5T THE EXACT SAME ONES IN THE OP5?

3. TugaPower
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2018

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018

4. tibcsi0407
    Froyo Apr 11, 2018

TugaPower likes this.
  5. NIZAMMUHAMMED
    Froyo Apr 11, 2018

6. aiamuzz
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

aiamuzz , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @OmegaHsu ... @OnePlus

Now that Oneplus 3T has officially pushed Android Pie and have reached the end-of-line as far as updates go ... was wondering if the following was a possibility ???

... GOING BY THE ABOVE statement I AM SURE the process of repartitioning has already been developed ... How about Oneplus just shares that method(along with the necessary tools requried ... if any) of repartitioning with the community ?

That way i am sure braveheart-Devs of the community will find a way to mitigate the risk of bricking and come up with a way to repartition the unsupported devices ... and the braveheart-power-users will try that method at their own risk ... that way the blame of bricking will no longer be on Oneplus's ... and no longer a reason of worry to you !!!

If one where to go back ... the campign to unlock 'bootloaders' and the community lobbying around it was face with similar concern you've expressed on implementing Treble on older unsupported devices ... but looking at it now ... the concerns of the manufacturers were unfounded ... but THE COMMUNITY surely has been SMILING ALL THE WAY ... after the manufacturers obliged and incorporated a way to unlock bootloaders !!!

Oneplus ... SHOULD(given that YOU(Oneplus) yourselves have been the bravehearts of phone manufacturers when they first launched ... providing ready option to choose from ... whether to flash CyanogenMod ROM's or keep the stock one ... a move unheard off ) ... reconsider their above decision and release / share the method to repartition of their older treble-un-supported devices for all those devices who have reached the end-of-line as far as updates go !!!

And if Oneplus did help the community unlock this A/B treble partitioning for their older unsupported devices then they would have acted in the the very grain of their inception ... A manufacturer with A philosophy of being Pro-community !!!

Hope to hear from you soon !!!

PS : with storages of 64GB/128GB ... and huge RAM's(memory) Oneplus's powerful hardware is left underutilized ... if there was ever a time for multiboot environments ... its now ... given that hardware these days come with huge memory's and huge storage's ... time to unlock the potential of your powerful hardware !!!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020