Join our OnePlus 5T AMA now!

1. Varun Varma
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2017

Varun Varma , Nov 21, 2017 :
    I know a lot of people want the automated DND feature that is present in stock android to be included in oxygen os . I assume you don't include this because then the sound setting on the phone could become out of sync with the physical alert slider on the phone. Have you ever considered adding a small motor to the alert slider to solve this problem?

2. sethisidd
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2017

sethisidd , Nov 21, 2017 :
    - What would be the Android update support timeframe for OP5T (Major updates as well as security fixes)

3. m23rc
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

m23rc , Nov 21, 2017 :
    hi,

Just want to ask when you will include IP68 on a OnePlus.

Thanks

ii

K4RM0 likes this.
  4. Kale W.
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Kale W. , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Hi, we have different special offers in different regions. For India, have Rs. 1500 Cashback from HDFC Bank for Sales till 2nd Dec., also, 1000GB data from Idea, Free Insurance, Amazon Prime Video and Kindle Credits are available. And along with a new Offer Zomato Gold Membership for 12 months. Enjoy your purchase with OnePlus!

5. sekoHarry
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

sekoHarry , Nov 21, 2017 :
    The difference is the unlocking speed i have mine set up it takes like a good 1-2 seconds then we need to swipe instead of what u see on OP5t

M. Elmaleh likes this.
  6. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Nov 21, 2017 :
    I recommend importing from your relatives in other countries.

M. Elmaleh likes this.
  7. pkkalkandha
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

pkkalkandha , Nov 21, 2017 :
    with OP5T being launched at the same price and with better specs, no-one is going to buy OP5 now, which means production of OP5 will have to be stopped leading to its abandonment within 5 months of its launch. it will have implications for software support as well (gonna be for very short period as there are no more OP5 selling. NOW WHO DOES THAT TO THEIR LATEST FLAGSHIPS ?

And Why we as customers should buy OP6 knowing the fact that it might as well get abandoned within 4-5 months ?

8. NovinDavis
    KitKat Nov 21, 2017

NovinDavis , Nov 21, 2017 :
    can i expect new phone from oneplus in next 5 months .. i am sure lot of technology will be out by then

9. khofi
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

khofi , Nov 21, 2017 :
    will oneplus 5 users get exchange offer to buy oneplus 5t. I bought the oneplus 5 this month only and i felt it great, but then 5t is launched so plz plz plz have some exchange offers. This way you can increase company reputation. every oneplus 5 user will praise you like god. so plz plz people like this so that this message reaches.
    #neversettle.
    #oneplus5users
    #raiseyourvoice

10. dcmcc24
    KitKat Nov 21, 2017

M. Elmaleh likes this.
  11. Carl
    Co-founder Staff Member Nov 21, 2017

Stickied Post
    Carl , Nov 21, 2017 :
    When we feel it delivers enough user value (probably never)

nilz22, Andrei R., deevil and 16 others like this.
  12. robin994
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

Nxss4 likes this.
  13. hrajpal96
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

hrajpal96 , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Why aren't features like Face Unlock planned for a release on the OnePlus 5 since both 5T and 5 share the same front camera sensor plus some of the new features should be made available to a phone which is merely 5 months old.

14. sekoHarry
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

sekoHarry , Nov 21, 2017 :
    With the Oreo update they said in their OP5T launch

[e]1f602[/e] ;)

15. SvMagus
    Eclair Nov 21, 2017

SvMagus , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Good Day, I just bought my Oneplus 5T, coming from a 3T and feel very happy.

I reviewed my order and found out that I got the silicone case instead of the sandstone(it was a human mistake, since they are both the same price and look similar in the picture).

My question is.

Will you ever improve the sales system to allow customers a grace period to modify orders?

As of now, my options are:
    - Cancel and reorder
    - Buy separate (this generates a shipping charge)
    - Wait for it to come and return just the case to get the other (this also generates shipping charge).

There should be a way to take advantage of the system to be able to modify orders during certain amount of hours, before your order is processed and dispatched.
    *This also applies if you would like to add insurance or a protection plan (happened to me last November when I bought the 3T).

On a personal note, I really appreciate you guys being an option.

Abhishek Sukumar and M. Elmaleh like this.
  16. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 21, 2017

Dunnow , Nov 21, 2017 :
    @Carl - Co-founder (Carl will join us at London!)

You market the devices as 15 days full refund no questions ask, but that is mandatory in many EU countries, so, unless you use that as a charade, why 15 days and not a whole month?

As I see no "advantage" on 15 days return when I'm legally able to do so you like it or not due to the laws in my country?

Luke-S likes this.
  17. Intellum
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

Intellum , Nov 21, 2017 :
    They're owned by Oppo, one of the biggest smartphone makers in the world. They're not small.

Abhishek Sukumar and M. Elmaleh like this.
  18. Gaurav_jha
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

Gaurav_jha , Nov 21, 2017 :
    First of all Congratulations for a great launch of OnePlus 5T. The device looks awesome and beautiful... It might have been the OnePlus 5..

I don't find myself totally Satisfied with this answer.
    See I am a true OnePlus fan. I had Op2,OpX,Op3 and now OnePlus 5 but you guys releasing Op5T with a similar price just after 4 months with a much better screen quality with face unlock. And now you guys are not even giving those features to the just launched phone Op5... So I am literally not happy with the OnePlus team right now. And if these types of things keep on happening then I might lose hope on OnePlus and move on to other phone companies and please don't make me do that.

M. Elmaleh, naveenv20 and hrajpal96 like this.
  19. _DEDSEC_
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2017

_DEDSEC_ , Nov 21, 2017 :
    You have got FPR to UNLOCK in less than a milisec. You want FaceID you have it. It's just useless to work on a feature that people barely use.

20. vhc
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2017

vhc , Nov 21, 2017 :
    why changing the camera in 5T if the OP5 was the best dual for you and had "clearer photos" ? maybe something wrong with the op5 camera after all...?