Join our OnePlus 9 Series AMA – Ask Me Anything

1. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 25, 2021

meatandy , Mar 25, 2021 :
    @Gary C.
    Is there any way to add a notification ring around the front camera and if not , What stands in the way of that feature?

cdnfarmer and Bobbie63 like this.
  2. RineshP
    Gingerbread Mar 25, 2021

3. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 25, 2021

meatandy , Mar 25, 2021 :
    @Tom B.
    How can customer service response time be improved , Could you push for a twenty four hour window or is that not possible ?

Bobbie63 and atenaa like this.
  4. Dikruzz
    Donut Mar 25, 2021

5. Isaac Bautista
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

Isaac Bautista , Mar 25, 2021 :
    I am in the US. Why can't we just get a normal, not slip out of your hand black matte version of OP 9 Pro? It cannot be because of charging since they are offered elsewhere (China with ColorOS)

6. czar
    Donut Mar 25, 2021

czar , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Oneplus 9R in Europe? I don't want to pay for a phone more than for a laptop.

R.Peter likes this.
  7. R.Peter
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 25, 2021

R.Peter , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Even though the name doesn't reflect the color, but the pine green variant looks very neat.

Totally agree.

Viesulis likes this.
  8. Dr_Mridul
    Gingerbread Mar 25, 2021

Dr_Mridul , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Thanks a lot @Leo X. for the great opportunity! My question is to @Pete and @Aaron.W. While globally the OnePlus 9 has wireless charging support, what was the reason for dropping the wireless charging tech from OnePlus in India? Was there any specific reason?

9. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 25, 2021

Shivang Joshi , Mar 25, 2021 :
    @Jimmy Z. It seems like camera team loves to buy sensors in bulk. So, I just wanted to ask how many IMX471 and IMX586 sensors are now remaining in stock?

cdnfarmer, SRD., the_o2 and 3 others like this.
  10. @PriyanshuSaxena , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Mar 25, 2021 :
    @Jimmy Z.

When we talk about collaborating with another brand which is a stalwart in its own category, like collaborating with Hasselblad in this case, I want to know how exactly the process starts. While designing OnePlus 9 Series, did Hasselblad help OnePlus understand any shortcomings they had with their existing camera setup? Are there instances where OnePlus needs to pause Hasselblad somewhere, to take it easy due to reasons like cost or something?

11. Tamseel Ghafoor
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

12. Jaison Blessing , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Mar 25, 2021 :
    First of all awesome job with the OnePlus 9 Series Launch My Question is for @Evan Z. And @Gary C. I saw some reviews were the display seems to have some stutter due ramping up from 1hz to 120hz is there fix for this in the Works and also Will there be improved software support from the 9 Series Onwards. I just ordered my OnePlus 9 pro after 4 years with OnePlus 5. The OnePlus 5 had 3 years of support that was unheard of at the time of announcement so just wondering will the 9 Series Phone get more support. This software support for old device is one the best things that never let me go to other manufacturers. I hope u guys will be trying to support your device for bit longer and set a new industry Benchmark.

13. MisterCat
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

MisterCat , Mar 25, 2021 :
    @Tom B. @Evan Z.
    Is there a reason why the 9 Pro is not available in black or silver in the UK with 12 GB RAM + 256 GB Storage; are there plans to make the top spec variants available in the UK in black and silver?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021

14. Luxaly
    Froyo Mar 25, 2021

Luxaly , Mar 25, 2021 :
    @Pete ist the Price now a Regular? so it goes 699€/799€ and 899€/999€ so it is a premium product but still a more reasonable price than some other high end smartphones that cost 1100€ and more... with OP9 being able to reverse charge why the OP Watch doesnt have wireless 15W charge (or less) also OP buds come without it so ur not able to charge your OP Devices with a OP9

15. U1611817656789
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

16. Z1616701824976
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

17. rahul_karwa
    Froyo Mar 25, 2021

rahul_karwa , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Sorry, I might be late to the party but want to put the question out to @Jimmy.Z

We have been hearing a lot about the hasselblad collaboration, but seems in the first launch, it's been mostly restricted to Colour profile. While we do expect, more deeper collaboration in next launches, but are software enhancements that gets developed along side hasselblad (how portraits are presented, nightscape, image sharpness etc) gonna be included in software updates of 9 series or is the collaboration be limited to colour profiling only primarily?

MRTLima, LassiJ and cdnfarmer like this.
  18. firoz_shaikh_22
    Froyo Mar 25, 2021