Join our OnePlus 9 Series AMA – Ask Me Anything

1. Starlord001
    Froyo Mar 30, 2021

Starlord001 , Mar 30, 2021 :

there is a lot of early sales offer in India who are buying now but there shud be something that's different and special for ppl who bought the device during the launch day itself(23rd march)... that's a bit of a bummer.

Adesh.sanmukh and Siddharth Sam like this.
  2. Ananthu6
    Froyo Mar 30, 2021

Ananthu6 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 30, 2021 :
    If someone has already asked these plz forgive me for posting 🙄🥺🙏
    Can OnePlus 8 pro or later devices get the following in a later software update ?
    1 Hasselblad camera software or optimization
    2 complete black notification shade in dark mode instead of gray
    3 a battery alarm like built-in setting
    4 customizable battery charge animation
    5 90hz mode between 120hz and 60hz

Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  3. Siddharth Sam , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 30, 2021 :
    Agreed.

4. Nagi reddy P
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2021

5. snmurali
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2021

6. Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  7. Itjayesh
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2021

Itjayesh , Mar 30, 2021 :
    oneplus 9 R stays the same as that of 8T but there is a difference in process it has snapdragon 870 where as 8T had 865 rest on paper specs stays the same

8. Itjayesh
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2021

Itjayesh , Mar 30, 2021 :
    the sale is only of oneplus 9 Pro and it starts at 8 Am ist

9. AadithyaDev
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2021

10. Aaron Nehman
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2021

Aaron Nehman , Mar 30, 2021 :
    does the OnePlus 9/9 pro come with a case included in the box like previous devices or will I have to buy one?

11. avinesh.
    Donut Mar 30, 2021

12. akhandan
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2021

akhandan , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 30, 2021 :
    I'm a scuba diver so I wanted to see how the Hasselblad camera works underwater in terms of capturing the beautiful sea life and it's surroundings. How deep underwater can I take the OnePlus 9 series phone before the pressure prevents it from working?

13. H1617139567591
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2021

14. TommyChauveau
    Jelly Bean Mar 31, 2021

15. yf2912
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2021

16. H1611173473106 , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 31, 2021 :
    Good afternoon well I was real excited today received my two OnePlus 9 took them down to the T-Mobile store and lo and behold they couldn't hook them up they said that they were locked phones they suggest taking them to their corporate store which I did and they couldn't get them connected to the T-Mobile account either their system would not take the IMEI number I got one plus on the phone the girl looked up the numbers and said they should be able to be hooked up T-Mobile trade three times and could not get the phones to go on my account help I asked for a refund because I have never had a phone not work on my Sprint or now the T-Mobile system

17. Raymond Z.
    Product Manager Staff Member Mar 31, 2021

Stickied Post
    Raymond Z. , Mar 31, 2021 :
    OnePlus watch uses a three-chip combination solution, which is ST32 + Apollo 3 + Cypress

• The ST chip has strong performance and is responsible for the UI interactive interface, the display also been processed by the ST chip, giving users a very smooth system experience.
    • The Apollo 3 chip is a low power consumption chip. As a platform for various sensors, it supports staying online for a long time, which is convenient for users to record sports and health data for a long time.
    • Cypress is a professional Bluetooth communication chip that supports the Bluetooth calls and Bluetooth music functions of the watch.
    The three-chip combination solution, with each chip performs its own role, can maximize system efficiency and reduce power consumption, and finally achieve the coexistence of long battery life and high frame display experience

18. Raymond Z.
    Product Manager Staff Member Mar 31, 2021

Stickied Post
    Raymond Z. , Mar 31, 2021 :
    We’ve heard many users request the always-on display, we are now evaluating it with the power consumption and planning to add this feature with options to turn on or off, and possible to have it after OTA. Also, I’d like to take this chance to know how you think if with AOD turn on, it could lose nearly half of the power loss?

19. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Mar 31, 2021

MosheG1 , Mar 31, 2021 :
    If full battery is 2 weeks and cutting it in half would still give me a week of power then I am totally ok with that trade off

Sorriso_NWK, SRD., McJader and 2 others like this.
  20. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Mar 31, 2021

MosheG1 , Mar 31, 2021 :
    Thank you for answering!

McJader likes this.