Join our OnePlus 9 Series AMA – Ask Me Anything

1. Raymond Z.
    Product Manager Staff Member Apr 7, 2021

Stickied Post
    Raymond Z. , Apr 7, 2021 :
    KaranRIyer
    The OnePlus Watch uses a smart wear operating system developed based on RTOS, which is smooth, reliable and offers significant battery performance advantages, which we feel best meets our target users' needs.

Other than battery life, we imported the high-frame display debugging experience into the OnePlus Watch to address the stutter performance that is sometimes seenin RTOS. We worked on optimizing the bottom layer of the display architecture, improving the fluency of more than 50 scenes, and changing the display frame rate from the industry’s usual 30 fps to more than 50 fps,making the OnePlus Watch probably one of the smoothest smartwatches with long battery life available in the market today.

OnePlus Watch does not support third-party applications at the moment. But OnePlus Health supports data synchronization to Google fit.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021

KaranRIyer and Dresa91 like this.
  2. Raymond Z.

Stickied Post
    johneebee
    The accuracy has passed the OnePlus laboratory test, but we don’t recommend that you use it as a professional medical device.

johneebee, KaranRIyer and Dresa91 like this.
  3. Raymond Z.

Stickied Post
    Praty_28
    OnePlus Watch provide up to 14 days of battery life. Even for heavy usage, it can provide approximately 7 days’ battery life.

Praty_28, KaranRIyer and Dresa91 like this.
  4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 7, 2021

5. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 7, 2021

Overzee , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Interesting and good to know! Thanks @Raymond Z. for answering my question! Have a great day.

hennes, KaranRIyer and Dresa91 like this.
  6. Raymond Z.

Stickied Post
    Vigneshxchan
    The OnePlus Watch will get OTA and functional updates. OnePlus Watch does not support third-party applications at the moment, but many different apps and functions were provided in the watch to meet our users' needs.

7. Raymond Z.

Stickied Post
    HeadQuaker69
    The Cobalt edition does not contains nickel material.

8. Raymond Z.

Stickied Post
    hennes
    The OnePlus Watch uses a smart wear operating system developed based on RTOS, which is smooth, reliable and offers significant battery performance advantages, which we feel best meets our target users' needs.

Other than battery life, we imported the high-frame display debugging experience into the OnePlus Watch to address the stutter performance that is sometimes seenin RTOS. We worked on optimizing the bottom layer of the display architecture, improving the fluency of more than 50 scenes, and changing the display frame rate from the industry’s usual 30 fps to more than 50 fps,making the OnePlus Watch probably one of the smoothest smartwatches with long battery life available in the market today.

OnePlus Watch does not support third-party applications at the moment. But OnePlus Health supports data synchronization to Google fit.

hennes, Praty_28, KaranRIyer and 2 others like this.
  9. WakeAwake
    KitKat Apr 7, 2021

WakeAwake , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Sounds interesting.. Thanks for answering my question. Have a great day..

Dresa91 likes this.

10. doochie
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2021

doochie , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Why is there no auto call recording available like in OP 8pro??
    Why is no one taking about missing of file dash in file manager??
    Everything is good but there is a lot of changes in UI with OP 9pro, anyone agree with me??

A1617346776120 likes this.
  11. doochie
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2021

doochie , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 7, 2021 :
    It's available in Reliance digital. Check once

12. paby.K
    Froyo Apr 7, 2021

paby.K , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Yes there are changes in the 9 Pro UI ..

13. paby.K
    Froyo Apr 7, 2021

paby.K , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 7, 2021 :
    @ Gary C
    In the gesture control for the 9 Pro, why has the gesture for automatically connecting the phone when you bring it close to the ear been removed?? Any specific reason.

14. Rishabh2018
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2021

Rishabh2018 , via OnePlus Nord , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Compare OnePlus 9! Indian unit spec to international unit . We don't get OIS in camera .
    Only two 5g bands
    No wireless charging
    All these features are not in Indian unit but are in international ones

15. sanchitkapil
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2021

sanchitkapil , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Hi Team,

I must say I'm fan of oneplus phones and I have been using them from past 5 yrs. I was planning to upgrade to oneplus 9 but I have few doubts.

1) Why onplue is selling substandard version on onplue 9 in India?
    2) Features like wireless charging available in US version is missing in Indian version.
    3) The US version support lot of 5G bands however Indian version of oneplus 9 supports only 2.

The bigger question is oneplus wants to save on the cost or just to make it available at lower cost while missing on these features and making their flagship phone substandard version?

Really want to know your views.

16. hennes
    YaImCo Developer Apr 7, 2021

hennes , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Thanks for your answer!

KaranRIyer, Dresa91 and Overzee like this.
  17. MACA27
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

18. paby.K
    Froyo Apr 8, 2021

paby.K , Apr 8, 2021 :
    No the Indian unit of one plus 9 does not have wireless charging only international version does , only the Pro series supports it at 50watts .