Join our OnePlus 9 Series AMA – Ask Me Anything

1. Tushar9599
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

2. Akash.tyagi1802
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

Akash.tyagi1802 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 8, 2021 :
    I was using one plus 7 pro and now I have purchased 9 pro, I can see a huge difference in the touch of both the devices. 7pro was far better than 9 pro, the touch in 9 pro is somewhat slow and laggy, I am not sure whether this is a particular device related issue or if everyone is facing the same issue.
    Also, there are few games which hangs in 9 pro, this was not the case with 7 pro (specifically clash royale).
    Please suggest shall I go for replacement or if there are some settings I am not aware of?

3. Pete
    CEO Staff Member Apr 8, 2021

Pete , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Have you checked our trade-in program? ;)
    upload_2021-4-8_16-49-31.png

4. O1604744781554
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

5. Oneplus9pMember
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

Oneplus9pMember , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Hello everyone, just one question from me, when I leave the house and Bluetooth connect to my car Alexa, and I ask it to play music, the device tells me I have no connectivity. It would seem the phone is trying to connect to my house Wi-Fi, no matter how far away I am, it won't switch to SIM data. So I have to open the phone and turn off Wi-Fi. Are there any settings you could recommend to make the phone switch from Wi-Fi to SIM data automatically? Thanks Marc 👍

6. J1617352294740
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

J1617352294740 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Why you people removed OnePlus dialer and sms app. We already came from Google software. Again in oxygen OS we found this Google apps. We got bored of this Google apps. Please release OnePlus dialer and sms app.

A1617346776120 likes this.

7. Yash vijay
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2021

Yash vijay , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 8, 2021 :
    very disappointed to know
    1.there is no wireless charging for india on oneplus 9
    2. plastic and fiber frame on oneplus 9
    3. only two 5G bands support in india
    4. no ois on oneplus 9 camera
    5. same selfie camera as oneplus 7
    6. heating issue
    7. camera result is not too good its only just hype
    8. no protection of gorilla victus glass
    9. only two year update garranty .
    And you said this is a flagship device.
    we don't want this kind off flagship

A1617346776120, paby.K and h_kashyap like this.
  8. Abhi@1289
    Eclair Apr 8, 2021

Abhi@1289 , via OnePlus Nord , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Why did OnePlus 9 comes with plastic frame and no optical image stabilization? Also priced at 49999 where as OnePlus 9r comes with aluminium body and ois?

A1617346776120 likes this.

9. W1549101389664
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2021

W1549101389664 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Since yesterday I got my OnePlus 9 pro in hand and I noticed that, there is heating issue with the minor use of it ane also I upgraded to latest updates when I open the box... Can this heating issue ne resolved in future update.

10. Kinder L.
    Head of R&D Staff Member Apr 9, 2021

Stickied Post
    Kinder L. , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Ultra-wide camera and the 50W wireless charging.

KaranRIyer, TibiTibi and Dresa91 like this.
  11. Pete
    CEO Staff Member Apr 9, 2021

Stickied Post
    Pete , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Since OnePlus works with carrier partners in different sales regions to design and customize products, there may be differences in some features across different regions. For example, we added 15W Qi wireless charging to the OnePlus 9 in some markets due to carrier requirements.

For wired charging, OnePlus 9 uses an updated dual-battery charging technology solution for the new OnePlus Warp Charge 65T, which can charge the phone from 1% to 100% in about 29 minutes. The charging speed stays constantly fast even when users are gaming and charging at the same time

KaranRIyer, the_o2, Dr_Mridul and 6 others like this.
  12. Kinder L.

Stickied Post
    On the OnePlus 9 Pro, we use an aluminum alloy middle frame.

On OnePlus 9, in order to reduce the weight of the body and create the ultimate light and thin feel, we adopted a new middle frame design. Its interior is aluminum-magnesium alloy and the exterior is glass fiber reinforced polymer.

At the same time, we used a customized special process to achieve a unique high-brightness texture. The cost of this solution is equivalent to that of a traditional aluminum alloy frame.

The actual texture is also great. Welcome to test it out or find some feedback from our The Lab reviewers.;);)

13. Kinder L.

Stickied Post
    Thanks for your question Luigi, I enjoy the crisp shutter sound inspired by Hasselblad's iconic leaf shutter every time when I press the shutter button and the Hasselblad color enhancement to every photo. I especially love when shooting buildings with an ultra-wide angle, the sense of space and vision are very shocking, as well as shooting the scenery and night scenes.:D:D But I'm not sure what @Pete love most

14. Pete
    CEO Staff Member Apr 9, 2021

Pete , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Why don't you take a guess;)

15. avinesh.
    Donut Apr 9, 2021

avinesh. , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 9, 2021 :
    You could have just said that before in social media and Amazon custom pages you guys have made . As you said OnePlus has used aluminium alloy in the middle frame , I appreciate it . But it is the exterior that is more exposed to rough environment's . And if I was the one to choose I would have chosen strength (aluminium ) over lightness (plastic) at a premium price tag . And how long does the metal looking paint last on a plastic surface ? And if you were to choose between materials , you could have also chosen surgical grade steel like what the Apple engineers did 😅. And better luck with the engineering next time.

KaranRIyer and paby.K like this.
  16. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 9, 2021

luigimario , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Thanks for answering my question!

Thanks for sort of answering my question! :p

KaranRIyer and Dresa91 like this.

17. ovelix11
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2021