Join our Open Ears Forum – OxygenOS | New York City, US

1. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Mar 13, 2019

Ruby G., Mar 13, 2019 :
    Forum- nycopenears.png

Hello US friends!

We’re excited to host our second Open Ears Forum in the US, this time on the east coast! Last April, @Gary C. and his team sat down with 28 users in the Bay area and discussed improvements to OnePlus software. (You can read about the improvements made as a result here and here.)

This year’s forum will focus on the OxygenOS experience, specifically for devices in our market. It will be held on April 13, in New York City. Applications are open to all US residents. We plan to select up to 30 participants this time. As we particularly want to reach out to users in our area this time, some spots will be accordingly weighted toward users from the tri-state area.

[How to apply]
    • Step 1. Submit your basic details on this five-question form: https://goo.gl/forms/gDsjKKp3IEY51RCt2
    • Step 2. Comment on this thread on why you should be picked. Think elevator-pitch style, 30 seconds or less of content. Feel free to submit an audio or video file if you prefer not to write.
    We'll accept entries until 11:59 pm ET on March 24th. Selected applicants will be announced by the end of this month, so stay tuned. Looking forward to hearing your elevator pitches, I know we have a lot of knowledgeable, smooth-talking folks in our community.

Never Settle.

2. wissou US Brand Ambassador Mar 13, 2019

wissou, Mar 13, 2019 :
    Well hello Ruby!

I'll keep it short and sweet: I have been a tester of various mobile OS, debugging, providing feedback and new ideas for a while. Being a brand ambassador for oneplus gave me the opportunity to gather feedback from oneplus customers and t-mobile customers using the oneplus 6T.

This is why I think my opinion and ideas would be beneficial to continue improving OxygenOS!

3. keithnyc Lollipop Moderator Mar 13, 2019

keithnyc, Mar 13, 2019 :
    Hey there Ruby! I will keep this short and sweet as well....

I've been a One Plus user and forum member since the very beginning, and along with my best bud Wissam, I've been beta testing phones for quite some time. And by recently becoming a OnePlus Brand Ambassador, I've been able to help OP introduce their brand to an entire new group of users in the T-Mobile network.

In the beginning, OnePlus made it's name by introducing great hardware and software (CyanogenMod) in an unlocked, super fast and sexy phone. Then in the following year, we more amazing things coming out of OnePlus, but not only on the hardware side..... this time it included an advancement of its software...Oxygen OS! With an incredible team who listened to their user base and with the help of beta testers from all over the world, Oxygen OS has been honed into one of the finest Android OS' out there.

Clean, fast, elegant, beautiful and functional.

I would be honored to be considered for the next Open Ears forum here in NYC and help in the further enhancement of Oxygen OS.

Good luck, everyone.

4. scotty137 US Brand Ambassador Mar 13, 2019

scotty137, Mar 13, 2019 :
    Hey there!

I have been an avid fan and user of OnePlus since the early days and I use my phone for basically everything in my life. I socialize, play, work, and film on my phone and the software is one of the biggest reasons why I keep coming back to OnePlus phones. My favorite thing about the software is how the upgrades and features added are things that are actually useful to me and not a gimmicky feature thrown in for marketing reasons.

As a Brand Ambassador and beta tester I've also been able to develop insights into what works for OnePlus and what might be useful for you and the users.

5. rami.abouemira Eclair Mar 13, 2019

rami.abouemira, Mar 13, 2019 :
    Hey there Ruby and OnePlus team,

Growing up in NYC, I learned the value of doing things yourself and being proactive. I tinkered with computers and liked to jailbreak my devices to create an environment that blended design and functionality in an optimal way. I've always thought about how to streamline UI to make it easier for others. As an avid beta tester, I've shared feedback through bug reports on a number of apps. I've always been the type to share constructive criticism, and I hope to share my thoughts with the team. Thanks for considering me, I hope to keep in touch! Sent from a OnePlus3 while wearing a OnePlus Explorer backpack.

Rami

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019

6. Android450 Lollipop Mar 13, 2019

Android450, Mar 13, 2019 :
    Hi Ruby

I'll get straight to the point. I've been a beta tester on numerous, apps, Custom ROMs, and then some. Being a member of these forums has shown me how important feedback is for any product. I know it especially applies here. It would, be amazing to be able to meet with a few members of the team themselves to convey my and many others thoughts ideas, and concerns more directly!

Thanks for the opportunity!

7. Texasaggie1 US Brand Ambassador Mar 13, 2019

Texasaggie1, Mar 13, 2019 :
    Hi Ruby! I will keep this short and sweet as well! I have been a fan of OnePlus since the beginning. I love this company and I love how it interacts with its fans. I own my own tech business and I run it from my OnePlus 6T. I love being involved in beta testing and interacting on the forums. I also love how OnePlus phones are constantly updating. I love having my OnePlus Fans YouTube channel.

I am a US brand ambassador and take that responsibility very seriously while having a blast at the same time. Being an ambassador allowed me to interact with hundreds of OnePlus users at the New York launch of the OnePlus 6t. I feel like that experience gives me a lot of insight into OnePlus fans. I would love to participate in this forum and play a bigger role in shaping the future of OnePlus and Oxygen OS.

Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019

8. jayanyway US Brand Ambassador Mar 14, 2019

jayanyway, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Ruby, thank you for this opportunity. I'll keep this short and sweet.

I spend most of my days (even during work) looking through the OnePlus sub-Reddit or the official OnePlus Community forums trying to find threads I can help with. Always trying to help fix an issue or educate the average user. But while helping others, you end up getting ideas of what could be done better within the Oxygen OS or what could be added that would increase the overall brand value. I take that feedback or suggestions and forward them over to the appropriate channels. I'm also a US Brand Ambassador for OnePlus.

I want to say more but I promised I would make it short and sweet. Hopefully I am selected so I can share more of my thoughts and feedback during the open ears forum. Thanks again!

9. Eunes US Brand Ambassador Mar 14, 2019

Eunes, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Hi Ruby! I'll keep my response condensed because I tend to go on-and-on when talking about OnePlus!

I think I should be chosen for one primary reason: my strong passion and commitment to OnePlus and the values of the community. I take every opportunity be involved as a Brand Ambassador but also as a fan of the organization to share my passion. From the OP6T launch to CES, to on campus, I always try to represent the company in the best light, constantly converting others to the Never Settle brand. What's necessary in that, though, is the candid ability to express real thoughts and points of improvement and I think this Open Ears gives the perfect opportunity to do that. As you know, exceptional software can set a device apart from the crowded market. I hope that I can contribute ideas that will help OP to reach new audiences.

In that way, I'm always confident in recommending OP to others because I know the company is always improving and taking the Never Settle mentality to heart by listening then acting. Plus, being from CT, I'm only a short train ride away from the city!

Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing the team again soon!

10. Vansh99 Honeycomb Mar 14, 2019

Vansh99, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Hello Ruby,
    I have been a user of this forum since OnePlus 5, my first OnePlus device...and I still use it to this day :) I usually am around on the subreddit and the forum. I have been in open beta, reported and encountered a couple of bugs. I am quite familiar with custom ROMs and rooting features out there. I have tried many ROMs but OxygenOS keeps dragging me back to the stock ROM.

Right now, I am a student in Rutgers University (in New Jersey). Not quite far from NYC. As a student, I'm not as experienced as other people, but I'm big fan of software...which is exactly what brought me to OnePlus in the first place. I am still new, fresh with ideas and features that I want to expand upon instead of having them trapped in my brain. I may not have invested years in software like multiple people here but I have just stepped up, I hope to grow in software and this experience will definitely help me and maybe the OxygenOS software in future (I hope)!

11. Abhilash c Eclair Mar 14, 2019

Abhilash c, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Hello @ Ruby.G sir and @Gary.c

I have been big fan and user of OnePlus since the early days means I using one plus devices from 2013 (one plus one ) and I used all one plus devices till now ,now I am using one plus 6T and I use my phone for basically everything in my life. I socialize, play, work, and film on my phone and the software is one of the biggest reason. My favorite thing about the software is how the upgrades and features added are things that are actually useful to me and not a gimmicky feature thrown in for marketing reasons.

As a Brand Ambassador and beta tester I've also been able to develop insights into what works for OnePlus and what might be useful for you and the users.

12. USBA JasonB US Brand Ambassador Mar 14, 2019

USBA JasonB, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Hey Ruby!
    I've been with OnePlus since the beginning, receiving my first invite code through him. Ever since then I have embraced OnePlus and its community and everyday I am meeting new people who ask and want to know more about my OnePlus phones. As they blow the competition away once you use them. Keeping this short, as being a OnePlus user for so long and coming from a Samsung dominated world around me has allowed me to show off the phone and company more than ever. Always rocking that swag from the buttons, jackets, and the backpacks, and of course always rocking the BETA builds.
    Being a OnePlus ambassador has given me an incredible opportunity to be a part of some bigger than just a phone company. It has given me, and all of us ambassadors the ability to talk about and show off what we all so dearly love, to the most interactive community in the Tech Community. And I know we can't wait for more!

13. SJBoss KitKat Mar 14, 2019

SJBoss, Mar 14, 2019 :
    I’ll keep it short and sweet as well just like everyone else here, wait... I’m not eligible :p at least my response was short :p

14. fazaem Froyo Mar 14, 2019

dpearson2182 likes this.
  15. YRJ KitKat Mar 14, 2019

YRJ, Mar 14, 2019 :
    I would be more than glad to join, but I don't live in the US :(

B.yashaswi and alessiodales like this.
  16. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 14, 2019

FlixbusLennart, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Same, but I'm sure we will have a chance in the future ^^

B.yashaswi and alessiodales like this.
  17. YRJ KitKat Mar 14, 2019

YRJ, Mar 14, 2019 :
    Indeed! Never say never ;)

18. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 14, 2019

B.yashaswi and YRJ like this.
  19. alessiodales Gingerbread Mar 14, 2019

alessiodales, Mar 14, 2019 :

YRJ

Indeed! Never say never​

That's a super interesting initiative.
    Would be more than glad to join in a future.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019

YRJ likes this.
  20. meatandy Nougat Mar 14, 2019

meatandy, Mar 14, 2019 :
    This is a exciting opportunity for many users , I already have vacation times lined up for the year sorry I can't even apply.

B.yashaswi, keithnyc and buntycubal like this.