Join our Open Ears Forum – OxygenOS | New York City, US

1. L3royJenkins
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

L3royJenkins , Mar 22, 2019 :
    I'm an every day phone user. I'm nothing special. I came from an iPhone background and I just fell in love with OnePlus. I still have an iPhone Xs Max that I use along side with my OnePlus. I can only provide you feedback from a common user's perspective. I'm not on the forum as much because I just don't have the time. I don't play with the advance features of the phone necessarily. I use the camera to post in social media, I utilize apps for productivity but I'm not a "phone geek". If you're looking for that perspective.... I can provide that.

Ruby G. likes this.
  2. Denise Marie
    Eclair Mar 22, 2019

Denise Marie , Mar 22, 2019 :
    Hi, I’m new to Android & OnePlus6T. Chosen for the cameras HD video & image quality. I use social media apps & respond in a variety of languages. I can highlight the minor & major needs of this consumer base; from copy & paste features to translator roadblocks. I am all for ease of use & you've already lightened my packing! I'd love a chance to be part of the process of your amazing adventure!

Ruby G. likes this.
  3. rohangala3105
    Donut Mar 22, 2019

rohangala3105 , Mar 22, 2019 :
    From the first device to have OxygenOS - OP2 to the latest one out in the market OP6T, I have used majority of them, owning 3 -OP2, OP5T, OP6T. This allowed me to see the evolution of OxygenOS over 5 years. The goals of the the OxygenOS developer team at OnePlus totally resonate with what I want from a perfect mobile operating system. This is like a Win-Win situation for everyone and it would be glad if i get invited.

Ruby G. likes this.
  4. Karevyah
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

Karevyah , Mar 22, 2019 :
    Hello My name is Karev. I was introduced to the One Plus 6T by a friend of mine that owns a business and he let me play wit the phone and I was super impressed by what I had experienced with the phone. He told me about his experience with the people he met from the One Plus team and I am looking forward to seeing the enthusiasm myself.

Also as an entertainment company I would love to work with One Plus and use the phones for video and picture quality on my website and seek a sponsorship/partnership with you. I hope I am selected to take part in this event. I am looking to purchase a phone very soon and experience the One Plus experience full time. Thank you

Ruby G. likes this.
  5. Schafer
    US Brand Ambassador Mar 22, 2019

Schafer , Mar 22, 2019 :
    Hello Ruby, like my friends above I'll keep this short and sweet! I've been with the OnePlus team from the very beginning. The close relationship that OnePlus has with the community is what pushes me to try to help out in any way imaginable. I have been apart of Beta Testing groups which demand a lot of feedback and I am a US Brand Ambassador for OnePlus. This has taught me how important feedback is. Thank you so much for this opportunity! This community loves being involved.

wissou, alexhpeterson and Ruby G. like this.
  6. I1544801078846
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

7. Tahir Hussain
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

Tahir Hussain , Mar 22, 2019 :

8. Tahir Hussain
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

Tahir Hussain , Mar 22, 2019 :
    Hello. Thank U for r chance .I need to add few basic features i feel missing in OS .
    1) is we cannot see phone ringtone profile when screen notifications get wakeup .it shud show if phone is in ring tone mode, vibration or do not disturb mode .This sholud come on the wakeup screen without going to main home page to see the profile on top right icon.
    2) while pressing volume up/down button it should not always manage the volume of media but also should give options to manage volume either media or ring tone. Right now it always change the media volume and for ring tone volume we have to click on settings below media volume manager window and have to further click to go to ring tone volume settings which is not White efficient way. Thanks

9. K1546457217629
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

K1546457217629 , Mar 22, 2019 :
    Well, the reason is simple. Experience.

I've been a smartphone user since Palm Treo 650, I had the fortune to enjoy Palm Pre, Pre II, and the Pre Pixi. I've been using Samsung Galaxy S series without really finding the device I'd love as much as I loved Palm series, and since I found OP I'm feeling that I may be falling in love with your devices.

My background is Electrical Engineering (so I can give some input on hardware) and Computer Sciences (so I can give some input in software). I've done a lot of bugs triaging for Ubuntu a few years ago.

I live in Colombia but I'm exploring Florida market from Miami so I can give some input from abroad too.

Bests

Andres.

10. TheOnePlusLife
    Gingerbread Mar 22, 2019

TheOnePlusLife , Mar 22, 2019 :
    As a big OnePlus fan, here's my pitch on why I would be a great addition to the OnePlus Open Forum Event in NYC!

11. Spindrah1
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

Spindrah1 , Mar 22, 2019 :
    Hi Ruby and OnePlus team,

After extensive research when I decided to upgrade from my old android phone last year, even though my carrier T-Mobile had announced it would be selling it beginning November of 2018, I decided to purchase my OnePlus 6T directly from your website.

Ever since, I've felt (and have been repeatedly told by others who see it) that choosing this phone was the best possible choice I could have made. I'm still in love with my unlocked, double-sim slotted OnePlus 6T cellphone. I constantly brag about and recommend this phone to all of my friends, family, co-workers and acquaintances.

I feel I would be an awesome addition to your 2019 OnePlus Open Forum Event in NYC as I would represent the voice of an older (60ish) customer base, and I live right across the river from NYC in NJ.

Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019

12. Dpartee
    Froyo Mar 23, 2019

Dpartee , Mar 23, 2019 :
    I'm no brand ambassador, Mega Beta-tester , etc. That said, the ideas I have I don't only think about how a certain feature or function will serve myself, but how it can serve others and the whole. I believe alot in accessibility, so that anyone that may be disabled in one way or another can use it just the same .

13. F_Abhishek_Jain
    Cupcake Mar 23, 2019

14. Adam95
    Cupcake Mar 23, 2019

Adam95 , Mar 23, 2019 :
    Hey how are you doing?
    I would love to go there because it will be my first time and it's a great opportunity and I would like to know more about the OnePlus phones and I have a lot of questions I love these phones so I'll be more than happy if you accepted me and I live here in the US and thanks.
    Regards

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019

15. inoori
    Cupcake Mar 23, 2019

inoori , Mar 23, 2019 :
    Hello! I recently switched from iPhone to Android for the first time. I have LOT of things to say about how can you better android experience on OnePlus. I have a good knowledge of the android phone market and I think I will be very useful in this discussion, if picked. Thank you

16. LuxrayAeterna
    Cupcake Mar 23, 2019

LuxrayAeterna , Mar 23, 2019 :
    Hey Ruby,

Thanks for offering this opportunity. I've been an Android enthusiast since jumping ship from Apple in 2013. I love experiencing and experimenting with all the various makes and models of phones. I started with an HTC One Google Play Edition, and have owned devices from Samsung, Motorola, LG, and Google along the way. I added OnePlus to the roster with the 3T and have owned a 5T and 6T since then. Though I respect the many users who've been die-hard OP faithful since the original OnePlus, I continue to switch and swap phones, always wanting to test and tweak what the competition offers, but always returning to OP for its fresh, friendly customer-forward approach. Sometimes not even the most impressive bells and whistles make up for listening to your public, and OnePlus has done its community a solid.

Thanks again for the shot at this - and keep up the good work!

Brad

17. jglassenberg
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2019

jglassenberg , Mar 24, 2019 :
    Working in software Product Management on platform integrations, where I've provided feedback to hundreds of mobile developers implementing integrations, my experience would hopefully be highly relevant.

I also teach a Product Management course, mentor and advise companies in Product Strategy, and have had popular interviews on Product Management podcasts and blogs.

I've been an early adopter, using OP1, OP2, OP3, OP5 and OP6 (basically everything but the "T" upgrades). Last year I participated in Open Ears in San Francisco and would be happy to support OnePlus again this year!

18. bmxer4l1fe
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2019

bmxer4l1fe , Mar 24, 2019 :
    I am not located near New York, but i want to pitch a single main idea. This idea is to be able to configure the alert slider for other uses.

I use GPS to set my ring volumes. This is super convenient for having my phone on vibrate while at work. Due to this i stopped using my OnePlus and gave it to my wife. On the other hand, Brightness control drives me insane. It is never correct. If you could set the alert slider to a brightness setting slider, i would throw my current phone in the trash and buy a new OnePlus tommorow. (botttom min brightness, middle auto brightness, top max brightness)

Thank you,

Morgan

19. steve3.x
    Donut Mar 24, 2019

steve3.x , Mar 24, 2019 :
    Hello.

I'm a passionate project management professional who also works for a company which has the singular focus on our clients. I believe my experience of working with experimental teams and projects plus my passion for technology and my love of the OnePlus brand and its products would be a great addition to this event. I look forward to meeting you and the team in NYC.

Thank you.

Steve

20. GrandSportX
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2019

GrandSportX , Mar 24, 2019 :
    OP Team,

I have a very broad and diverse background as a outdoors/fitness nut, nerd and professional engineer. I live ~1 hour from NYC and as a 6T owner, I think I would be a great fit to attend for multiple reasons:
    • I work in field service (my field territory is all of NY state, half of NJ and half of PA) and use my phone for everything from photography to communicating to our instrumentation via a SSH terminal. I use dual SIM and am already well versed on all aspects of this phone, even though I've only owned it for 2 months.
    • I am into fitness and being outdoors. I use my 6T to communicate and work with many devices (FitBit, bluetooth headphones, etc) to track many things (steps, calories, intervals, GPS). It has made everything so much simpler and easier for me and I can bring that perspective to the forum.
    • It has been almost 10 years since I've used a phone with stock firmware. I started by jailbreaking my first iPhone and have used a custom ROM on every Android phone I've had since. The 6T is the first phone that I am happy with the feel/features of the stock ROM. OxygenOS is very close to making even the most staunch custom firmware people conflicted on what ROM to use.
    • I am very privacy and mobile security oriented and I have many suggestions for improvements in this area, from the lock screen to app-level communication control.
    • Lastly, I am also a mobile gamer. I play Clash Royale and Minecraft regularly so I will also have input in that realm. The 6T is fantastic for Minecraft on the go.
    • "Never Settle" resonates with me. When I fix things, I always want to know the "why?" and I am always trying to figure out how to make things better.
    If your team invites me to NYC, you will be getting the unique perspective, thorough preparation and technical skill of a lifelong engineer. It's a short drive and only a few hotel points away for me to be there :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019