Join our Open Ears Forum – OxygenOS | New York City, US

1. Micpowe2
    Donut Mar 17, 2019

Micpowe2 , Mar 17, 2019 :
    Hey guys,

I consider myself an average user with an eye or premium options. I love the OnePlus experience however like a lot of users I have my opinion on what OnePlus should do next and what the OS should look like, and more importantly feel like. The thing that drives me away from iOS and most of the Android brews save one UI (only because I haven't used it yet) is hubris. I can't stand when I'm not able to create the experience that I want. I hate having OEM software and Google software and going back and forth on which one I'm using. The best example of this is Samsung contacts and Google contacts, Samsung pay and Google pay. I don't get any of that stuff with oxygen OS and I'm able to fully customize a phone to my needs for the most part. However the phone is lacking in some areas mostly in accessibilities options that iOS has a champions and I think would be welcomed on the Android as native options.

A good example of this, on my iPhone I can set a gesture for the phone to read my screen. This is a very handy option when I'm reading something that's above my comprehension level or outside of my interest level. However, it needs to be read and understood this is an effective solution.

I have other examples like this that make the user experience just phenomenally better. Some are borrowed from Apple but again they are the gold standard on some of these things. Others are just an attempt to break down The walls of hubris and give people the option to say yes or no. (like having voice diction realize that a new sentence requires a capital letter).

Bottom line I would love to be part of this conversation and hope I get a chance. I did go to the launch in New York, and I bought the 6t the minute it came out. The phone is not perfect but I bought the phone on the hope that I have a say to help it get there.

Ruby G. likes this.
  2. KeBlam
    US Brand Ambassador Mar 17, 2019

KeBlam , Mar 17, 2019 :
    Hi Ruby and Gary! (There's no order here!)
    As a previous owner of a OnePlus 5T and a current owner of a 6T, I've definitely loved everything that OnePlus has done so far! Every second you guys invest in this company is to improve the stock OS experience for the people! I am extremely happy that I've been granted the opportunity to even own a 6T for such a great price point; and as a brand ambassador, I am proud to advocate for this device!

This is why I believe that I should join you guys in NYC!

Sincerely,
    Kenny

3. blaaaaam
    Cupcake Mar 17, 2019

blaaaaam , Mar 17, 2019 :
    Hi Ruby and the OnePlus team!

As a proud owner of a OnePlus phone, it sparks me joy to even hear about this opportunity! I know it must be difficult for you guys to compete against the other flagship phones with the extremely marked up price. However, you guys have proved the world your worth and done your best: not just by yourselves, but also with the help of the OnePlus fans! I am definitely excited to hear more from you guys! Never Settle!

Sincerely,
    Bernice

YRJ, KeBlam, Ruby G. and 2 others like this.
  4. Deactivated User
    Mar 18, 2019

Ruby G. likes this.
  5. Iamrohit.07
    Honeycomb Mar 18, 2019

Iamrohit.07 , Mar 18, 2019 :
    simple reason - i got some really simple and efficient features that can really make huge difference in User Experience. No fancy words nothing like that but just simple basic features which "DOES MORE WITH LESS."

Ruby G. likes this.
  6. Isus
    Donut Mar 18, 2019

7. Xnatty
    Honeycomb Mar 18, 2019

Xnatty , Mar 18, 2019 :
    hey there
    nothing big to say tbh but I kind of am annoyed that ur cellular data settings options for 4g is 4g/3g/2g and not 4g alone to force it like other phones, would really appreciate if u had it alone.
    Thanks for your time!

Staticx likes this.
  8. dudebro
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2019

dudebro , Mar 18, 2019 :
    Hello Ruby,

I've been a long time iPhone and iOS user since the iPhone 3G. I have been an advocate of all things Apple for a long time. The OnePlus 6T is my first full-time ownership of an Android device. As much as I respect the stock Android experience, the Oxygen OS is the best Android OS pound for pound. And OnePlus is leading the industry in involving the fans and the users for immediate improvement with user-friendly features. No other companies offer that! I'm so impressed. As a ux designer myself and now a passionate advocate of the OnePlus devices, I would like to be chosen for the opportunity to give my insight.

Very best,

Chris

Ruby G. likes this.
  9. captwilly
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2019

captwilly , Mar 19, 2019 :
    Greetings from Rochester, NY.

I'm probably not your typical responder.

I'm wanted by AARP and I've been a phone Modder since I bought my Galaxy Nexus new. I've literally opened, tinkered with, modded, or fixed phones from most major manufacturers - hardware and software. That includes OnePlus, Samsung, Moto, LG, HTC, and Huawei. I have a reputation for being technologically fearless. I'm writing this on my rooted 6t 8x256 while up in my office are my LG V40, V30, V20, Pixel XL, Samsung S9+, Nexus 6p, and HTC ONE M9. I go through anywhere between 6-12 phones per year, but not before I drive them for awhile. Then I flip 'em. (Already had a 6 and a 6t 128 this year. Nice phones...)

By day I am a professional consultant and technical communicator. Part of my day-to-day is managing a fleet of about 350 Samsung Tab E devices deployed under IBM MaaS360. Me and the little green man are on very friendly terms!

But, why Capt. Willy? Because I am not your average technobear!

I'm resource. Always have been. And I'm a graybeard. Not unique, but an unusual combination.

Bottom line, I bring historical perspective, practical knowledge, technical enthusiasm, substantial Android expertise, creative spirit, solutions oriented thinking, attention to detail, and just plain guts to the table.

And I have a few thoughts and ideas to share.

I love New York. Haven't been for awhile and this would be a great reason to come on down.

PS - my just for fun Q beta has just finished loading on the Pixel XL. I gotta run!

Ruby G. and Micpowe2 like this.
  10. T1531512799764
    Donut Mar 19, 2019

T1531512799764 , Mar 19, 2019 :
    Hello Ruby and Oneplus team
    I'll leave it as summarized as possible, my first oneplus was the 5t I was so amazed that I decided to stay with this brand since I had never liked any previous phone I've been using to take pictures and I have been spectacular eh left amazed to people something that I had never done so marvelous is that when they announced the oneplus 6 I took out my savings to be able to buy it and as a student at the time of doing my homework or any work it was easier for me because with its split screen mode I did not have to be changing from one page to another, very simple I own oneplus 6 I've been using the beta program, this company has made it much easier for me to do my work or anything related, so if they choose me I have some plans that could serve them (according to me)
    Sincerely, Emilio

Ruby G. likes this.
  11. saikatsri010
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2019

saikatsri010 , Mar 19, 2019 :
    Dear sir,
    This is very important accecorisac for a professional person.being a professional person I need this.

12. rajamoni1022
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2019

13. rohangala3105
    Donut Mar 19, 2019

rohangala3105 , Mar 19, 2019 :
    Hi Ruby

I'll get directly to the point. Being a beta tester on numerous apps, Custom ROMs, and being a member of these forums has shown me how important feedback is for any product. It would, be amazing to be able to meet with a few members of the team themselves to convey my and many others thoughts ideas, and concerns more directly!

Thanks for the opportunity!

Ruby G. likes this.
  14. UltimateThorn
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2019

UltimateThorn , Mar 20, 2019 :
    Hi, I was a oneplus one user, picked up the oneplus x (there needs to be a sequel) oneplus 5,6 and now the 6T. Also have picked up the oneplus powerbank & now own the Oneplus wireless bullets. I've done online reviews and video reviews on most of the products. Beyond being familiar with the hardware I also LOVE the software. You truly do have the best Android software experience but there are small improvements that ylcan come from your past that can be resurrected, features from other manufacturers that can be adapted & advancements that only oneplus can bring to future models. I'd love to have part in this open ears forum.
    1553040854870.jpg

1553040854998.jpg

Vansh99 and Ruby G. like this.
  15. Chem267
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2019

Chem267 , Mar 20, 2019 :
    Hey there ruby

, where to begin, I've been a one Plus user since the beginning, I owned the OnePlus One, and currently own the 3t, 5 and 6t T-Mobile variant all these devices serve me well. I'm currently using the 5 and the 6t as my daily drivers and gaming devices I've always wanted to express the fact how much I love OnePlus, the growth. the beginning and I would like to express my feelings on the devices as essentially I am a secretary and a gamer and a consumer and I would like to use all my knowledge that I've acquired with these devices over the years to help
    make future devices and the company much better

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019

Ruby G. likes this.
  16. G_kaushik_
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2019

G_kaushik_ , Mar 20, 2019 :
    hi 1+TEAM,
    KAUSHIK here .... I have been using OnePlus from past 7-8 months ... I love it but there is an issue with the camera ... every pic which I click is getting inverted , can you please help me out

17. JayasundarRB
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2019

18. NitzMistry
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2019

NitzMistry , Mar 20, 2019 :
    I became a fan of OnePlus soon after its inception.

When "one" was launched, I was very impressed with the unique idea of creating a fan base as well as promoting the products via an invite system. For a new company to take such steps was not only bold but also unique.

I have been an active community member since the very beginning, and even won a few events that I partook in. OnePlus 5 launch event VIP by winning the best photo identifying contest on Oneplus.in, OnePlus 5T launch event pass for New York are a few of them. However, I couldn't attend the launch due to exams.

Being a tech enthusiast, I was also a open beta tester for OnePlus 3. Not only did I try the various beta updates, but also shared feedback and reported several bugs for multiple apps.

As an android developer, I have also created several android applications.

Ruby G. likes this.
  19. VicenteG24
    Eclair Mar 20, 2019

Antonio_Luis, Ruby G. and Vansh99 like this.
  20. C1550420370693
    Eclair Mar 21, 2019