Join the "Be the Change" Challenge and win a OnePlus 7T!

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Sep 20, 2019

dsmonteiro , Sep 20, 2019 :
    forum.png
    There are many examples of communities getting together to make a positive change in the world. Our Community is no different: quite recently, we hosted the 1500 days of OxygenOS campain, that resulted in 27,332 trees being planted, thanks to the help of many of you. Before that, we held a Community event to help fishing plastic out of Amsterdam's beautiful canals.

This got us thinking. People have shown that they can go through great lengths to win our contests, so we decided to channel that energy: Why not invite our amazing Community to be part of that positive change?

The idea is simple: Tell us what positive thing you're willing to do in exchange for a OnePlus 7T. We're giving 5 OnePlus 7T's for the best ideas! Check the rules below to know how!

[How this works]
    1. Tell us what positive thing you're willing to do in exchange for a OnePlus 7T:
      • Share your idea in the comments below. It must be something that you have the ability to put in practice, but we're looking for creativity.
      • Your idea should have a positive impact in the world, namely by improving people's lives or the environment.
      • DO NOT edit your post. To avoid plagiarism, we will only consider unedited post.
    2. Between September 20 and October 18, we will pick our 5 favorite entries and contact the contestants. If your entry is chosen, you will have to provide us more details about your challenge and proof once the challenge is completed.
    3. DO NOT complete your challenge if you are not chosen. You will be automatically disqualified if you do so.
    4. Once your challenge is successfully completed by you, we will ship your prize.
    [Rules]
    • Edited posts will not be considered.
    • We will choose entries according to their quality, creativity and positive impact in the world.
    • If one of the picked challenges is not successfully completed, we will choose a runner-up to replace it.
    • Challenges are only considered completed when sufficient proof is provided.
    • If you submit a completed challenge without being picked as a winner, you will be automatically disqualified.
    • You are the sole responsible for your own entry and OnePlus is not in any way liable for it.
    • Your entry should be in English.
    • Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM UTC, October 18
    • If chosen, you agree to provide us with a detailed plan for completion of your challenge and complete all requirements on time.
    • Upon submitting your idea, you agree to provide OnePlus with the free right to use and publish any production materials (video, pictures, articles, etc.) that are generated and submitted during the competition period.
    • OnePlus reserves all rights to this event. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of OnePlus.

2. GopalB.
    Nougat Sep 20, 2019

GopalB. , Sep 20, 2019 :
    That's a nice idea... :)

So, be the change... Hmmm...
    Since smart phone addiction is a huge problem, and even bigger one is the fact that people change when they are online... Even the most innocent can start abusing others for fun when they are online...

I'll take this challenge...
    Zen mode for 24hrs... <( ̄︶ ̄)>

3. yuvidcoolk
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

yuvidcoolk , Sep 20, 2019 :
    First of all its very soothing intiative by one plus.
    By providing greed to human to just to think about their world and make it a better place to live.
    I'll do one thing. I'll not click my selfie or photograph for 2 weeks and in this 2 week i will click atleast a pic of some random person with a huge smile and will make them happy. because nowadays its rare that people get happy seeing others Happy. By this I'll be a person who thinks selflessly. If am happy seeing other people happy. That means I've become an good human. And a good human will find 100 ways to save mother earth.

4. Adam Krisko
    KitKat Community Expert Sep 20, 2019

Adam Krisko , Sep 20, 2019 :
    great idea to help the world.. but maybe say if you are chosen, wait to complete your task.. for all the rest, please feel free to make you ideas happen and document them. we will celebrate everyone's plans to help.

5. yuvidcoolk
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

6. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Sep 20, 2019

David Y. , Sep 20, 2019 :
    The positive changes we make are rewards in themselves, and OnePlus 7T is just an extra bonus. Enjoy the game everyone!

I will share my idea later.

7. swaraj_c.r.
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2019

swaraj_c.r. , Sep 20, 2019 :
    i have an idea of creating a device which is capable of deviating the radiation , which is emitted by phone towers.
    My plan is to place this on each and every tree so that birds will not get affected by it. by doing this we can help birds and many species like squirrel,etc. let's be the change.

8. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2019

Venky61 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I am liking the cover pictures of the threads related to the 7T series...
    Good luck to everyone for bringing out a change.... I will soon share my idea too :)

9. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Sep 20, 2019

BobbyV8_ , Sep 20, 2019 :
    *Claps Claps*

With a huge fan community base this could do a lot for the world to bring changes that make the world a better place to live

Idea for the positive change.
    I'll pick up 2 issues to deal with :-
    1. Obey traffic rules (this is not just to save lives but to make our commute smooth as well)
    2. Taking care of unattended plants / trees (so that all the plants we planted on some occasion really meets the purpose and give us more Oxygen)

Creating awareness needs public attention. To create traffic awareness I'll takeup the challenge of drawing attention by watering plants along the roads and put up sign boards to make people think about following rules and watering those plants too.

10. Abdul Basith2
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2019

Abdul Basith2 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    No,what we observe on people is the impact that smartphones had on their life.They are unable to even cherish their beautiful moments with their friends and families as they are unable to put down the phone for good.So just not using the phone for a day or so wouldn't prove to be effective and rather an habit of control should be instilled on daily smartphones usage.Therfore,on behalf of it I plan to use Zen mode consecutively for 3 hours a day for a period of 10 days.Let the change for good initiative proves to be beneficial to everyone.

11. RAHULRAWATT
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

RAHULRAWATT , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I will uninstall all my social networking apps as well as games for atleast 7 days, after that i will make time table to use all my social sites apps or game apps not more than 2 hours a day.

12. Animeshkar15
    Froyo Sep 20, 2019

Animeshkar15 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    To create a better environment it's necessary to care for the environment and surroundings. Plastic waste is a major concern nowadays which takes long time to degrade and harm the environment and the animals living in it. It is our duty to stop the use of plastics. Therefore, I take the challenge to stop using single use plastics and start using biodegradable alternatives. A small step can create a huge impact.

13. Dresa91
    Android Q Sep 20, 2019

Dresa91 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    wow, a great campaign, @dsmonteiro.
    But beside this campaign we all should stop using plastic in the way we are using today. we should for example watch out what kind of preparation we use for food (buzzword palm oil). It all starts with us and ourselves. Not with a company and its campaign.:)

To my idea:
    Why not use the concept of Fairphone with OnePlus, only with more up-to-date hardware.
    A modular smartphone whose basis can be used sustainably for several years, but whose modules can be replaced annually. Back to OnePlus for recycling.
    For this you should invest the money as a user.
    I am thus giving the earth the opportunity to retain important resources, because resources already used are processed and recycled accordingly.

14. Mitesh_Dhamankar
    Eclair Sep 20, 2019

Mitesh_Dhamankar , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Ask me why?

Change that matters.

Evolution matters. In every aspects. From NO ONE to EVERYONE. #Be the change.

15. Armaankalra
    Donut Sep 20, 2019

Armaankalra , Sep 20, 2019 :
    The most important Thing for me is Education. As far as i am concerned there are many areas not only in india(as i am from india) but in the world which are quiet back in education.Here in the government schools there are students who are willing to learn about todays new technologies but there are no sources.If i am able to change anything and that too a positive thing ill supply 2 or 3 computers in schools and will assign a teacher or a professor to teach the students(if busy then any day from a week in which they will be able to slare 2,3 hours of time) , basics of computers and introduce them to the new technologies. infact i believe there is a pete lau , tim cook ,koh dong jin and all the other great CEO's in every child .. we just have to find them and there would be a world we have not even imagined..I dont even want one plus 7T , i am happy with my one plus device .. even i am willing to give my one plus device if you're able to do what i said.

Thank you for this opportunity , so that we can all share our ideas in this huge platform.

16. C.JANARDHANREDDY
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

C.JANARDHANREDDY , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Evereyone Intrested in Using Mobile Phones.For smarter work and Time saving.With Their busy schedule with mobile phone.They are Not looking The surrounding atleast what happening and where they are going by head down With mobile Phone.So,I'm advising That While They are in bike or Walking Mode..Only attend The phone call and navigation apps ..and other social media apps and chating apps will Not open in driving and walking mode In case they want to use the whasapp,facebook ,and gaming appd They would stop and then they will.procced by thier apps .soo because of improvng our mobile sensors .like we can save every one life.And Another Thing is Environment .Every one is not with the nature .only 5% of people about to think for nature .Soo if we put the rule for mobile users every one should plant aa tree at starting stage and take the picture with added location and place where they plant a tree.these are uploaded in app..which want to develope for this?.After uplaodong The image of planted tree tl.they should Take care of atleast 3 rs.. EVERY 6 months they should upadate thier plant situation on tha developed app.By The image uploaded of every 6 months we can give some notifications to people on plant condition through apps.Your mobile is unavle to use any other apps except calls and navigation.If They missed the tree caring Thier mobile phones not able to use any apps..except phone and navigation.Soo By implementing The Rules of mobile users we can create a huge impact on public.They ready to plant trees and building the nature." They Do These Things Just Because To use thier mobiles."Thankyou .

17. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2019

Venky61 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    @dsmonteiro ... Here's my Idea..

E-Waste-Management-in-India-2016-Rules-Challenges-upsc-ias-essay3-e1559907374322.jpg
    Majority of us do not know the impact of disposing of the Electronic waste along with the regular house hold waste. The Waste Management Infrastructure in India and many other countries has not yet grown to a stage where they can separate the waste. So all the E-Waste along with the other Bio-Degradable and Non Degradable waste, ends up in open land fills.

There are two folds of impacts due to this,

1. The electronics have many hazardous chemicals like lead, zinc, nickel, Chromium etc. These chemicals can seep into the groundwater when left on landfills. If exposed to high temperatures, these chemicals can release into the atmosphere from the waste and effect the humans around the waste lands.
    2. These electronics also have a lot of valuable metals/materials (Plastic, Gold, Silver etc) that can be separated and reused for the conservation of natural resources.

With the amount of Mobile Phones we are purchasing in our house hold every year, half of the old ones go to the regular dumping process instead of efficient recycling process. Not just phones, TVs, ACs, Laptops, Batteries, any electronic item with proper channeling of the e-waste in our house holds, we can reduce the impact on the environment.

So I would like to Take up the Challenge of
    1. Disposing all the Electronic Waste at my Home through proper Channel (I have a habit of not disposing any Electronic Item even after years :p, Now I think the time has come to bid farewell to that numerous E-Waste Excluding My Beloved OnePlus One :D ).
    2. Create awareness in my friend's circle about the same and motivate them to implement the Recycling of E-Waste.

18. itsfuntoo
    Donut Sep 20, 2019

itsfuntoo , Sep 20, 2019 :
    i just wanna say that i want to make people laugh. i want to pour some positity in their lives by put a smile on their face.
    I just wanna see everyone smiling. No negativity in their lives .

19. Yashu44
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

Yashu44 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    This is a really nice initiatives by one Plus...These are the things which I would do in order to being the change or as the initiative said BE THE CHANGE.I would be doing following of the two things:

1)I would be planting trees and bringing smile to random people
    2) As you know of the recent motor vehicle act,I would be educating people about why they should follow tragic rules and why it is
    3) I would be taking initiative to teach underprivileged children to teaching them every Sunday and will try my best to make them educated.

20. iRaviP
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019