Join the "Be the Change" Challenge and win a OnePlus 7T!

1. G_Karel_Čapka_wnEW
    Froyo Sep 21, 2019

G_Karel_Čapka_wnEW , Sep 21, 2019 :
    ok, what I am willing to do?

1) do not buy any plastic for a month!
    2) go to pickup the trash in my city as I sometimes do
    3) shower in cold water (energy savings)
    4) use only eco friendly house and body cleaning materials
    5) donate to Ocean Cleanup certain amount of money for every kilogram of CO2 saved by going to work on bike instead of mine own car
    6) lower the amount of my things and help others which can not afford them

2. rajatjmittal
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

rajatjmittal , Sep 21, 2019 :
    I want to use technology to change the world positively. I will teach machine learning to more and more students using YouTube, etc. Machine learning and AI have the capability to completely overhaul the world for the good or bad. I will try to teach them the good ethics their AI algorithm should have.

3. Manu3215
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

Manu3215 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    total lockdown.
    Yes, I am serous about that.
    There should be a feature called lockdown which should shutdown all social apps and games so that we can go out side the world of internet and see the real world that is glowing in colours .

4. 17011984
    Eclair Sep 21, 2019

17011984 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Hi
    Here everyone addicted by smartphone including kids, so we are in that position to safe out by our peoples and animals from radiation problem. so we ensure and create awareness to the peoples who are using or not using our OnePlus devices about our devices not produce such kind of radiation like that.
    and we everyone are music lovers also so OnePlus creators to create separate music player for one plus devices and no one compete like our music player. so create like that applications..

5. shubh94
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

6. L1569066027386
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

L1569066027386 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    So I've been using a oneplus 6t I'm a big fan of OnePlus phones and now when OnePlus supports positive change I'll donate my old OnePlus to someone who needs it but cannot afford it, doesn't matter if I win or not I'll still upgrade to another OnePlus if not now then maybe till the time when next OnePlus launches. cheers. #neversettle #bethechange

7. B1569067433366
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

B1569067433366 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Thank you One plus for bringing out this great ideas and it's my pleasure to take part in this challenge.

If I get the chance to exchange mobile phone of one of the greatest and the best smartphone developers in the world, I can bring out some of new changes to the society. I won't say I can bring many big changes with this money but I can open a way through in. As we know that there are many children who are willing to go to school but they can't because of their family backgrounds. So for this I like to start a new system of education for the children in our neighbourhood or near. A system of education means that a new facility that I could make children more convenient and provide more knowledge. If I do so then I could open a door to greater future for the children by this amount of money.

8. H R Kapoor
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

H R Kapoor , Sep 21, 2019 :
    I am using One Plus 6T and i found its features unique like screen recorder, Camera, file transfer and speed.

9. abidbunny
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2019

abidbunny , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Thats great
    If i win oneplus 7t (1+70) then i will definitely plant 71 trees. And i have oneplus 5t insold it and donate money to who need.

10. pkpatill
    Eclair Sep 21, 2019

pkpatill , Sep 21, 2019 :
    I would like OnePlus to take initiative to provide education to underprivileged kids from different areas and surely community members will step up to volunteer and would contribute by identifying the actual needs of the kids and through volunteering.

11. Interview_Tech
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2019

12. S1569063043266
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

S1569063043266 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    It’s great to have such a contest organised by The OnePlus.
    So, Here is my idea :-

1569066982606.jpg

In this era of cut throat competition, people are so much engaged in doing online things and other stuffs that they doesn't even care about their health specifically their eyes when using laptop iPad iPhones tablets smartphones or any such devices, which is highly injurious to not only our eyes but also overall body health. People are so much addicted with these gadgets that they can't even think of staying even a single day without their mobile phones or such gadgets.

1569067811390.jpg

According to a survey of Medical Doctor's the diseases caused by mobile phone devices are Brain Tumor 74%, Male Infertility 37%, Heart Disease45%, and Effect on Foetus 21%, Ear Hearing Function 80%, Alzheimer's disease 11% and Parkinson's disease3%.

1569067049233.jpg

Prolonged exposure to Electromagnetic Radiations from Mobile Phones, Computers and other personal Electronic Gadgets can cause :-
    • salivary gland tumors
    • migraines
    • Iess sleep and poor sleep quality
    • changes in production of specific proteins in human cell
    • decreased sperm count
    • electrohypersensitivity
    • skin irritation, especially on the face (this is a condition known as electrohypersensitivity)
    • Several eye diseases such as Dry Eye Diseases, Cataract, weakens eye muscles, shotsight- longsight problems, macular degeneration that causes permanent damage to your eyes, resulting blindness.
    • behavioral problems and increased chance of cancer tumor development in children.
    • Short term effects such as Headaches, Dizziness, Nausea & Fatigue.
    • Lower sperm count in men – The harm is done simply by keeping a mobile phone switched on in one’s pocket.
    • Risk to development of foetus in pregnant women.
    • Increased Stress Levels and risk to Heart – Tachycardia.
    • Gloucoma, Brain Tumour and Cancer in extreme cases.

Not only this, World Health Organization (WHO) has classified mobile radiations as possibly carcinogenic (cancerous).

1569067238760.jpg

Cell Phone Radiation Can Damage Eyes Causes Early Cataracts. The scientists, who have studied the impact of electromagnetic waves on human eye, say that cell phone usage can also lead to early cataract in lens apart from affecting retina, cornea and other ocular systems of the eyes.

1569067274885.jpg

Electro-magnetic radiation is said to be dangerous (as per study reports) in many ways including Infertility, Ear Tissue Problem, Alzheimer, High Irritation Levels, Nausea, Tiredness, Giddiness, Heart, Malfunctioning (Missing Beats), Brain Malfunctioning (Brain Waves Disorder), Hypertension (Collision of energies), Constant exposure will lead to Cancer, Brain Tumors, Heart Diseases and Many More Fatal Illness. It is studied that EMR puts all of us in some kind of danger, but the most affected are those who have lesser resistance like kids, medically unfit, pregnant women and old people.
    Electromagnetic Radiation can be classified as having: Thermal Effects Non-Thermal Effects

The thermal effects have been largely studied and refer to the heat that is generated due to absorption of Radiation. Being exposed to the thermal effect could cause fatigue, cataracts and reduced mental concentration.

1569067615256.jpg

Ultraviolet radiation can play a contributory role in the development of various ocular disorders including age-related cataract, pterygium, cancer of the skin around the eye, photokeratitis and corneal degenerative changes, and may contribute to age-related macular degeneration
    See the picture below where both the harmful radiations impact in our eyes.

1569067355065.jpg

Blue light appears to damage retinal cells.
    Our study does not show that light from mobile devices or other digital screens causes blindness

While the habit of checking your smartphone at night may seem like an innocent practice, the reality is that it could actually be leading to permanent damage to your eyes.
    • The poisonous chemical can cause permanent damage to any kind of cell in the human body.
    • Photoreceptive cells in the eyes don't have the ability to regenerate once damaged.
    • Wearing blue-light sunglasses out in the open world will also help in reducing the damage on the eye cells
    Blue light also has been implicated as a factor which can suppress secretion of melatonin , reducing your ability to fall and stay asleep at night. Lack of proper amounts of sleep has been linked to coronary artery disease, type 2 diabetes, anxiety and depression, as well as obesity.

*****The Best Ways I recommend to Protect Your Eyes When Using such gadgets platforms*****

Starring at the tiny screen of a smartphone for long hours can cause eye fatigue at best and irreversible eye damage at worst. While you can hardly imagine your life without a smartphone, there is no need to sacrifice your eyes (you will need them later, for sure), since there are some effective ways to minimize the risk to one’s eyes from smartphones. Here are a few of them.

1. Get an Anti-Glare Screen Protector:
    Most mid and high-end smartphones do come with an anti-glare screen by default, but if yours doesn’t, go get one immediately. Anti-glare screens are not expensive but can make a drastic difference because they reduce the amount of blue light that gets to your eyes.
    If you don’t want to get a whole new screen, the next best thing is an app. For instance, Bluelight Filter for Eye Care for Android also reduces the amount of blue light but isn’t as effective as a separate anti-glare screen.

1569068020144.jpg

2. Blink Frequently/Splash Your Eyes with Water :

1569068047740.jpg

Blinking frequently is recommended when using a desktop, but for smartphones it’s even more important. Staring at a screen dries your eyes and the natural way to moisten them is by blinking. This reduces the negative effects of screen radiation.
    Additionally, if you splash your eyes with water (just any ordinary water, nothing fancy here), this also helps to moisten them.

1569068087550.jpg

3. Follow the 20/20/20 Rule:
    Human eyes aren’t created for prolonged staring at short distances. Rather, a human eye adapts when alternating between a long distance for a few seconds or minutes and a short distance. This is why when you are watching something at a close distance for hours, even if it is just reading a book, you are forcing your eyes to behave unnaturally.
    With smartphones, there is the so-called 20/20/20 rule. Basically it means that every twenty minutes you need to look at something at least twenty feet away for at least twenty seconds.
    Even better, after every forty or fifty minutes with your device, take a ten or fifteen minute break away from any screen. If you are not too lazy, you can even exercise a bit, this will help not only your eyes but your overall body condition.

4. Adjust the Brightness, Contrast, and Text Size:

1569068118561.jpg

Brightness, contrast, and text size are the three aspects of a smartphone that affect eyesight the most. Brightness and contract that is too high or too low brightness and contrast are both harmful to the eyes.

1569068139802.jpg

1569068139898.jpg

You can use common sense to adjust them, or you can get an app to automatically adjust brightness. There are also few apps available for such gadget platforms.
    But Avoid prolonged smartphone use in dim environments. Never ever stare at the screen in the dark.
    As for text size, don’t keep it too small because it strains the eyes and decreases the viewing distance. Generally, larger text is better, though scrolling time to see everything on a page is increased, and this is certainly irritating.

5. Keep Your Screen Clean:
    With your fingers constantly on the screen, by no surprise there are lots of dirty marks on it. This dirt is not only unsanitary but also adds additional strain on your eyes. Just take a soft cloth and clean your screen regularly. Also a good eye drops is always recommended.

6. Keep the Right Distance: whenever possible, try to keep your device sixteen to eighteen inches away, as this is considered the optimal distance.

7. Never give too much stress to your eyes. When your eyes are not allowing you, Don’t force. Even when you are feeling sleepy, never try to keep yourself awake at night.

8. Use Anti Electromagnetic radiations eye glasses that would be more convenient for all such gadgets like tv Laptops pc iPads iPhones tablet smartphones etc. It an all time protection and would work for all such gadgets.

1569067894691.jpg

And for UV radiations, Use ultraviolet absorbing eyewear that provides the greatest measure of UV protection, particularly if (UV-B and UV-A). it has a wraparound design to limit the entry of peripheral rays.

1569068210146.jpg

9. Eat nutritious, Drink lot of water, Take proper sleep, and avoid excess use of these gadgets.

10. Maintain body posture. Do not access such devices laying down on bed. This way the worse impact is faster.

1569068233768.jpg

Hence,All of you are requested to Spread this awareness and share my mentioned tips as much as u can. Let other people Know about it. Ehosoever it is your friends, family, colleages, known, unknown everyone. Save health save life.
    Self realization is the biggest thing. I myself have suffered from the same thing. Doesn’t want any body else to suffer the same.

The features that I would suggest to all mobile manufacturing companies:
    • To add up an inbuilt eye protection glass within it.
    • And add up an interacting tool for deaf dumb blind people as they interact by gestures or handwriting specially for blind ones. So that it would be an ease for them to interact with their own people, no matter how many miles away they are. they'll stay connected without any issue.

This is my idea and aim to make all you people to beware of it. I understand these gadgets are fun medium, source of knowledge, research, education, entertainment to get in touch with people across world wide but the imapact is highly hazadious to health. Which is not at all ignorable otherwise it may lead to a permament loss of your health. These things needs to be taken very seriously. After all, Health is the real weath.
    Stay healthy stay safe.
    Thankyou for your precious time.
    Godbless all..

Regards,
    Arpita Chakraborty

Attached Files:

Starcommander and shapz like this.
  13. V1540363683824
    Eclair Sep 21, 2019

14. kotharirishi98
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

kotharirishi98 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    I [e]2665[/e]️ ONEPLUS
    Enjoying the 6T with a Karbonn protective case and a 3D tempered glass.
    #oneplusindia

15. J1566517082277
    Donut Sep 21, 2019

J1566517082277 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    As the one plus community is such a loved one and supporting each other,my challenge will be that:

1.Every year the company ONE PLUS supporting financial a single mother with kids or a child fighting for is life.

2.We are so meany people who are crazy about gadgets,so meany who buy from ONE PLUS because are the best but what if we can be the best for others and every month we help a person in need,or an animal,or clean the planet.
    Simple things can be the best,we can bring a smile on the face of someone,we can safe our planet, if we are together as we are in this community, others can follow our example.
    ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE.

16. piyushmsurana123
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

piyushmsurana123 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Hi,
    I would plant OnePlus 7Trees i.e. 8 trees in the neighborhood and urge my friends to do the same.
    Hence, doing my little for the environment.

17. G_Gaurav_Bailbhare_QExs
    Donut Sep 21, 2019

G_Gaurav_Bailbhare_QExs , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Im accepting Be the change Challenge. Save Environment its Big Challenge but if everyone do theirs efforts then its possible.

My Challenge : I will use cloth bags instead of plastic bag. I will Use Steel water bottle instead of plastic bottle. I will also provide bags and bottles from me to people around to me and i will also request to them to carry this things forward. I will like to print OnePlus logo in nature style on bags. which will give go green message to everyone.

18. TejanBishnoi
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

TejanBishnoi , Sep 21, 2019 :
    So all of us are ready to bring about a change for animals , plants , the environment , poverty but why not we start a challenge to make the strangers around us feel good about them or the people around us feeo good .
    I would like to start a challenge for myself that for a month I am not going to criticize anyone regarding to their works and instead start appretiating small things that people do so that a sense of happiness and responsiblity can be built in people to do good things .
    #bethechange #letsappretiate .. :)

Wonderwoman13 likes this.
  19. Kalyanam_zalke
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2019

Kalyanam_zalke , Sep 21, 2019 :
    We live in a busy world. We use our smartphone to answer emails, calls, and instant messages at all times of the day: in business meetings, at lunches, while waiting for the bus, queuing at the grocery store, and even during special occasions and family gatherings. Similar scenes may be observed in local parks where parents often push the swing with one hand and scroll through their phones with the other, occasionally resurfacing to give their kids a smile.

main motivations

Motivation 1 : Improving work or home role performance

Motivation 2: Establishing a Personal Digital Philosophy

Motivation 3 : Minimizing Undesirable Social Behaviors

Motivation 4 : Putting Family and Interpersonal Relationships First

Motivation 5 : Explore the surroundings and Explore the earth

motivation 6: try to look around and get back with friends and have a good time

After all when we wake up First we check the phone , social media or any other things our priority is changed alot this is not good.

In todays world everyone is first priority is their smartphone.

we have to use but limited.

I am not against the phone . I am just telling that we have just getting more and more addicted to it. just use it in limited way just balance your need of smartphone and need of family or loved ones

JUST PUT PHONE A SIDE AND " HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER AND LOVED ONES " YOU WILL FEEL BETTER.

I am very impressed with this initiative of ZEN MODE by Oneplus.

This should be used by everyone.
    or lets try once.

Challenge - 2 hours of ZEN MODE .

Starcommander likes this.
  20. sanyam.arora
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

sanyam.arora , Sep 21, 2019 :
    So good I initiative by one plus.. now the thought which is in my mind for improving the environment and people's lives ...
    1. I had myself seen deforestation taking place on a large number in my city Amritsar, Punjab. I want to put a positive impact on the youth, by doing afforestation on a large number in the city.
    2. As I also one of the youth, who goes to tuition centre 6 in the morning. And the worst feeling comes on the way when I see the poor people who can't afford any blankets, shelters, houses are sleeping on footpaths in morning. I will try to help them in every possible way.
    3. And last, making my city clean by collecting the youth. !!

I know I will not get selected by telling OnePlus that i will do these tasks. As everyone will reply the same. But it's my dream to do this.. no problem OnePlus.