Join the "Be the Change" Challenge and win a OnePlus 7T!

1. Prateek00l
    Froyo Sep 21, 2019

Prateek00l , Sep 21, 2019 :
    I will use 75% of my pocket money (which is 2500 rupees a month) to distribute food to the beggars and the people in need as this will help humanity as the basic necessity is food and I am from Uttar Pradesh and I see many people are sleeping empty stomach so I am taking this challenge and #bethechange for this positive impact through sacrificing my pocket money regardless of whether or not I get the prize.
    #wearefamily

Wonderwoman13 likes this.
  2. Shivamsaini1309
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

3. narkhedeakshay
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

narkhedeakshay , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Subject : Connecting high water reservoir areas to extremely low water reservoir areas.
    I am from India , from a middle class family , but placing a challenge which is too costly . See there are some areas where rainfall is less.. for example Vidarbha , Buldhana District and many in Maharashtra. These areas are being supplied water by means of dams in rainy season when overfilled . My point is creating a canal or piping structure to connect this areas with high water supply areas for daily and limited use. Now you must think , why some have never did that before . yes , this question is right , but as i said..creating a web , will poke the landlords , we need influencers , project is very big , needed a strong community to overcome this , to create a web. The area I spoke about are agricultural areas , you planted plants , now i think crops and farmers need our help . Trust me this challenge is God like challenge , if success is attained in this... you will be considered no less than a God for these people suffering from shortage of water.
    #BeTheChange

4. F1569085450722
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

W1558153701853 likes this.
  5. Ravichandra_Basireddy
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2019

Ravichandra_Basireddy , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Hello Oneplus,
    I am an Computer Science Student
    The Challenge I would take up is make an artificial intelligence application which detects plastics from non plastics
    As There are many Plastics lying in dump yard, burning the dump yard burns plastics which in turn release many chemicals which are harmful to humans and environment
    This challenge will be later converted into robotic machine which detects plastics and removes them from the dust bins before dumping into the dump yard.
    This Process saves the environment from some damage made by humanity.

6. iCyberHero
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

iCyberHero , Sep 21, 2019 :
    I just want to help 2 kids, they live near railway station, they are homeless, so far i only helped them with foods and cloths, but really wanted to do something for them, if i win, I'm gonna sell the oneplus 7T and use that money to help them.

7. Jontalk5
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2019

Jontalk5 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    A spin on Pay It Forward, I will begin with a discussion thread on the local Nextdoor.com site asking anyone who has an old phone they were planning on disposing of to allow me pick it up for ecological recycling. When I meet them to pick up the phone, I'll ask each to find three (3) friends that have them as well. When I meet the friends I'll request they reach out to three (3) others. Over time the multiples of three will expand exponentially resulting in hundreds of phones being collected. Instead of the toxic electronic components ending up in the garbage, positive change that impacts the environment occurs.

8. B1564433508676
    Eclair Sep 21, 2019

B1564433508676 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Hello this is Omkar,

So we actually go to schools and charge money and help kids with best quality of education by highly qualified teachers!
    So my idea is,

1.Anyway one plus is launching new TV ,if Oneplus is willing to give away 5 free Oneplus TV's to government schools in India where we can teach students online from any place of the world. It could build a Virtual space in the globe where Education would not have any barrier's. Kids can be thought by teachers who are highly qualified and retired from the place they are staying , so there is no transportation cost and many cost will be reduced! Education will be accessible at almost free with only internet cost which is negotiable.
    I think This would give more power to Oneplus TV brand globally by this initiative! Never settle Oneplus!

2. As phones are taking away many precious and beautiful movements of our life's I want to take challenge one day challenge and observe the beautiful movements and draw those 10 best beautiful things happened by getting my phone away for 24 hours and look back what I have lost for many years.

"Be the Change You Wanna Be!"

9. Siddhartha Taneja
    Donut Sep 21, 2019

Siddhartha Taneja , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Hey, I really appreciate oneplus's initiatives, for betterment of environment, the care of environment and reducing damage to it, is ardent need of the hour, for a better tomorrow, and we should give our part for a better and cleaner environment, to have a healthier tomorrow,, to gave a part from myside in this thread I would like to extend my thoughts, which could help a bit.
    1:)-People usually enjoy flower's beauty,fragrance in their hands after plucking them, but instead of this without effecting their this flaunt,they can enjoy full essence of flower if they plant them in more numbers in their residences or work spaces,this will increase flower life and moreover a flower is meant to be withered planted only, not after plucking it.
    This could help us in motivating people to have more plants in their surroundings,which will evidently contribute a bit to a cleaner environment,
    Some people don't get the point, betterment of all, they only understand their benefit, so teach them the ways which will be beneficial for them according to their understanding but as a whole is beneficial for all.
    This will encourage many to have more plants as flower is one of the most addictive natural thing present in b/w us.

2:)- UNNECESSARY NOISE POLLUTION REDUCTION,
    I notice many people riding or driving on roads, honk for literally no reason, a horn is meant for alerting the one next to you on road to prevent accidents mainly,which could happen due to unalertness, but people simply horn freely to enjoy it even when there is no one in front of them, or on narrow streets or roads people usually honk to man powered vehicles(luggage cart/peddlers/vendors/rikshaw pullers etc.) for having a way on the road even when there is no chance of getting any, we should atleast get the fact that these hard working folks are using their power and energy to pull their vehicle, and on the other hand we driving power and energy out of engines which are causing pollution as well, why to retard their motion, to start motion they require more power as compared to be in motion, so why to ask them to stop and give us way first, they also have families and kids at their home, they too need to get home early, we all should try to adapt this habit of honking only in utmost necessary situations, this will definitely reduce atleast 50% honking, yes there is almost 50% unnecessary honking.

3:)- PREVENTIVE MEASURES TO REDUCE POLLUTION.
    a.) LIKE DRY DAY GOVERNMENT SHOULD IMPLEMENT NO FUEL DAY AS WELL, IN WHICH THERE SHOULD BE NO FUEL SALE ON EITHER A SPECIFIC DATE OF MONTH OR DAY OF WEEK,ON A NATIONAL LEVEL, this will be less effective as people will prepare themselves and will refuel their vehicles in advance , but to some extent this will reduce emissions, as there will almost nil fuel sold in the entire nation( I can't calculate figures, but I'm pretty sure it will not be a small one),

b). We should try to adapt cleaner modes of transport, I understand we can't do long travels as it will be time consuming but on off days we can use man powered mode of transport like bicycles, for like one day in a week, this should be implemented on city level in the entire country, if we will manage to get 10 people on bicycle for a day instead of 10 cars, then this too will be a great part in the beginning for a better tomorrow, there are many ways to reduce such emissions,.

c). Corporates should ask their employees to carpool, use public mode of transport, or should subscribe them on monthly basis at reasonable and attractive rates to use company's transport for reaching office and back to home, this company transport lineup, must be having cleaner vehicles, with almost no or less harmul emissions, the best option present today is electric vehicles,

There are many other ways as well,
    there is no shortage of ways, there is only shortage of will.
    let's stand together to improve this environment from today for a better tomorrow,
    just like we pay our network and broadband bills timely as they are utmost needs of us nowadays,
    we should also have plants and trees at our residences, coz they are first and basic utmost need of us for a Heather living.They are the ones which to some extent clean/ filter the environment.

I didn't framed all these points mentioned above, for registering my entry or to participate in competition, i even don't need the device I would be more happy if 1+ will ship 1 plant/sapling or seeds with each order placed from now on,
    there are many bads present widely in the society which needs to be eradicated asap.

10. Deactivated User
    Sep 21, 2019

11. akshayr723
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2019

akshayr723 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    inspiration from robot?

C1522817504370 likes this.
  12. Danish_Bansal
    Donut Sep 21, 2019

Danish_Bansal , Sep 21, 2019 :
    So, it is about bringing an impact on the world.

This is no longer a personal goal then.

I am in a university pursuing engineering, I'll make all the 8000+ people on the campus to understand the value of segregation of waste into different categories and make them follow it.

To throw the recyclable waste and non recyclable ones differently and minimise the use of single use plastic.

This is #bethechange

#NEVERSETTLE

13. OscarPapa6
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2019

OscarPapa6 , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Long time lurker within the community. People here are kind and go out of their way to help others. As someone who struggles with mental health issues, I would love to have a thread or place just for people to talk about things or thoughts that are holding them down. The passion for tech brings us together it is surprising how few kind words can make a big difference.

If there's a safe place to open up I am sure I can help. Having gone through certain things gives you a lot perspective, it's easier to empathize when you have been in a similar situation.

A medical professional as a moderator would be an great addition as well.

Wonderwoman13 and puccellino like this.
  14. Pikole
    Froyo Sep 21, 2019

Pikole , Sep 21, 2019 :
    My idea to change the culture of believing that my hometown is going down and show the beauty in my town. I will post a new picture of the beauty around town each day for several weeks.

15. Matt_Hess
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

Matt_Hess , Sep 21, 2019 :
    I play a sport called Disc Golf. It is similar to regular golf, but instead, we use discs, and baskets to play the game. A common issue is trash on the courses. This is a bigger problem as most courses exist in parks, which should be sanctuaries for the natural world. So, my challenge is to go to all courses that are in county/state parks in Western New York, and clean them of any and all human waste in order to restore them to their natural beauty and pristine condition. During my time at the parks, I will keep my 7 Pro in Zen Mode, in order to to be more in-tune with the environment, and to detach from my phone for the time I am there.

16. sailajar
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

sailajar , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Well challange..
    In exchange of one plus 7t..
    Well vehicular pollution is theost hazardous one right now.. and people have become so lathargic that even for going to a 200m distance are using vehicles.. which includes even me.
    So in exchange of 7t I would give up using of my vehicles for traveling to nearest places and go by walk for a complete month..

17. aruloneplustwo
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

aruloneplustwo , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Be the change! Love it!

I am an NLP Trainer (Neuro Linguistic Programming). We conduct NLP training for Corporates, Institutions etc.
    www.masteryourself.in is my website.
    I commit to provide a one day Personality Development training to 1000 blind students across India or abroad. Unfortunately blind children feel excluded by the society. They lack the confidence to mingle with others. My training will help them feel connected with everyone. They will realise their true potential. It will give them the flexibility to soar high in life.
    Thank you for inspiring!

18. sailajar
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2019

sailajar , Sep 21, 2019 :
    well challange..
    vehicular pollution is a great conscern these days.. even to walkable place of 200m we prefer vehicles including me hence I would give up useage of vehicle and walk to near by places for a month[e]1f601[/e]

19. F_Rakesh_Singh_wrUK
    Donut Sep 21, 2019

20. phantasto
    Donut Sep 21, 2019

phantasto , Sep 21, 2019 :
    hm... what about planting trees - one for every one your sold device? I think it's a good thing.