Join the "Be the Change" Challenge and win a OnePlus 7T!

1. wrapcaesar
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2019

wrapcaesar , Sep 29, 2019 :
    I would feel weird by only doing a good deed because of getting something (REALLY AWESOME) in return. But since I'm a student, and only sometimes I give money back this would be the perfect opportunity to do something that I like.

I'm aware that I'm really lucky for me and for those around me so I don't have a really strong personal choice but my challenge is:
    -> donate 100€ to Yemen care at https://my.care.org/site/Donation2?...40.1369526785.1569765310-299874336.1569765310

I want to be part of the change!

2. Maniacu1
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

Maniacu1 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Respect the laws , don't text and drive ! Watch out for the motorcycles. Leave the phone in the pocket when you drive. It won't save lives !

3. Z1569764939553
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

Z1569764939553 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Well i was already planning to volunteer out at a christian non-profit organisation this coming december and january, its gonna be my last college break. It will be my first time ever volunterering for anything. Im in africa so the weather will be warm. That and after i graduate i plan to continue every time i get the time.

4. K1566738739518
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

K1566738739518 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Interesting... A challenge that doesn't require people eating detergent #humanareweirdos

Well for my idea is to be an informat

I live in a developing country (more like underdeveloped) where the rural areas are nothing to write home about

The government try tackling the issue by creating a platform by which citizen can share and notify government bodies if immediate action is needed somewhere.

Due to no electricity, affordable data plan and general literacy people rearly uses this medium

With the help of a good phone and camera ( thank God for one plus all in one package) I could be an active informat who brings awareness to essential project in the community.
    Thanks

5. Grinskischi
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

Grinskischi , Sep 29, 2019 :
    There is a retirement home a few streets away from my apartment, where old people are left behind by their families and spend a very boring and monotonous life. Sometimes I walk past the retirement home on my way to the gym and say good morning to the old people sitting outside. They are always happy when somebody talks to them.

I have a fair amount of experience in meditation practices and yoga, and would like to share these great tools with the people who have never done it before, so they can integrate it in their daily lives. I will arrange a day with the retirement home and everyone will be able to join. We will do some light yoga, transcendental meditation and sessions with singing bowls. The old people will have a journey inward and can let go of negative blockages they accumulated during their life. Maybe they can gain new perspectives on life they have never gotten before.

It will be a very positive and fulfilling day for the people! Respect for the ancestors.

6. I1569766109977
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

I1569766109977 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    I thought about this for quite some time and came up with an idea. I think people try helping the homeless by donating a dollar or feeding them when they are able. I would like to try and start the initiative of helping them in a different way.

I would like to have a conversation with them and try and see them on an eye to eye level. I believe you can help them by treating them as a person which rarely happens for them in could imagine. I believe if I or anyone could keep a, "conversation a week" going, then who knows what kind of impact we can have in the lives of those who have no one to talk to.

7. Zia Malik
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

Zia Malik , Sep 29, 2019 :
    So on August 14, Islamabad administration took a step to eliminate polythene bags from stores etc., and replaced those with paper bags. Since this change was implemented, a lot of people had a very difficult time accepting it because we have been using polythene bags for so long.

Although stores and shops have stopped giving out polythene bags, people still haven't fully stopped using them.

S&P Global, my work place, also quit using plastic cups and handed out bottles to every employee. I was a part of this initiative at office and helped in the designing and logistics part of the process.

8. Lakshit_Reddy
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

Lakshit_Reddy , Sep 29, 2019 :
    The use of plastic bags is being a major issue for the environment in our country as well as worldwide. Instead of plastic bags, we can use cloth bags which is the best alternative. On that plastic bag, we can add oneplus logo through which people will know more about the brand and a special type of bar-code, which people can scan and can join our environment awareness program and oneplus forums.! Looking forward to this idea in positive way I hope it will bring some change.

9. H1569767881467
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

H1569767881467 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    This is an excellent idea. I have a pixel 2 right now so I will turn on focus mode for 24 hours and turn off all social media apps, games, everything besides calling and texting (I don't text much)

10. L1568184343143
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

11. C1557857111220 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Very nice challenge to put up so people might make a positive change. I'm just now getting into Oneplus phones and I the oneplus 7t is one of my biggest considerations for my next phone.

For this challenge, I'd pick up trash in my local parks/areas and dispose of it properly for about a week. Perhaps if I like it so much after the challenge I could make it a regular routine. Even if I dont get picked I should make it a regular routine.

it sounds simple but I'll try to get my friends in on it and with more people it might make a difference. To entice more people to help, one of the days I could make a tournament event where the person who gathers the most trash wins some prize. Thanks for the challenge and Good luck to everyone.

goo

12. drlazzy
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

13. av_03203
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

av_03203 , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Heard about Plogging today and now thinking I will do it with my family and encourage people do it as well. Plogging is where a person jogs early morning and picks up garbage when it is most visible. It aims at better health of an individual and clean streets for the collective society. Hope more people see this post and do follow Plogging!!

14. ARX007
    Froyo Sep 29, 2019

ARX007 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    A positive change huh?

I would like to go with the idea of changing the world. The way we look at each other based on their gender, caste and colour is absolutely pathetic. Everyone should have an equal chance at their life. Removing unnecessary biased opinions about each other have always been my dream. I don't know if my words will reach out to you but if it does, please try to look at the world from my perspective, it's beautiful.
    We are the same species, we are one. Universal brotherhood is what I really aim at amidst the terror of being judged! :')
    Thank you for being patient throughout this!

15. Yousab Salib
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

Yousab Salib , Sep 29, 2019 :
    I'm gonna volunteer at my high school to help other students with their homework and their studies. it's a program that happens after school 2 times a week. I've always wanted to help other students but never really got motivated to do it. This might be my opportunity!

16. V1525732873484
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

V1525732873484 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    As a student, I can't offer much. But I can write. After getting my OnePlus 5t two years ago, it's helped me massively with the simplest and largest of tasks. Not once has it failed it me. I have no doubt that even as OnePlus begin to roll out the 7t now, their quality and standards have not dipped in the slightest, always following their moral code that is "never settle" . That's why I'd like to write about OnePlus, the company that has collaborated alongside their consumers, their community, to constantly roll out their best and become a trusted company people can always rely on.
    I know it's not a lot to go on, but I am speaking the truth!

17. Pataki Bogdan
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

Pataki Bogdan , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Well, i would make a presentation to promote the tourist attractions from my area (I'm from Hunedoara, Romania). We have Corvin Castle, Deva Stronghold, Dendrological park of Simeria, Giardini di Zoe, Dinosaur GeoPark, Sarmizegetusa Regia and Sarmizegetusa Ulpia Traiana. They are really beatiful tourist attractions, rich with history, most of them raised by the Roman Empire.Sadly, they do not receive enough exposure.

18. N1569768476626
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

N1569768476626 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Great minds think alike. Thank you Oneplus Family for such an excellent program aimed at internet inhabitants. Kudos to the team behind this. The following is a challenge I’m proposing…

[​IMG]

In my country, Philippines, the spreading of fake information has become a trend. It’s as if people behind these fake articles are tasked to do such. Many lives have been put into danger because of this activity. It has even altered many beliefs and corrupted the way of thinking of most Filipinos. It saddens me every time I see my colleagues being brain-washed with these false articles and fake propaganda being shared and published on sites containing invalid data and unverified sources. I am not enjoying this effect on my fellow countrymen. Therefore, I am putting myself on a challenge that allows everyone to see the truth. I want to start this small step to make even at least this virtual world a better place for us internet inhabitants. This challenge will be called #SEE.

This challenge covers:

1. Collecting as many blogging sites and/or websites that publish fake articles promoted by Misleading Headlines and let people #SEE why that site isn’t credible and allow discussion why is that so. (I’ll be providing later how to spot a fake/false article)

2. Reporting links of these fake articles (if proven) that are shared on diverse social media in order to prevent more people from being brain-washed.

3. Provide an alternative source to make people really #SEE the correct information as counter to that fake article.

Words are powerful. It could change lives. You’ll never know the effect of these fake articles until it is you that they are destroying. So don’t wait for that moment. I also encourage everyone to be involved. Together let us #SEE the truth.

19. Sumpunk85 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 29, 2019 :
    I would try to make a change in the form of a 30 day challenge.

‐Pick up and dispose of at least 5 pieces of trash per day that doesn't belong to me. Not limited to 5. Creating a clean place for others to enjoy.

‐Ride my bike to work instead of taking my car. Reducing my carbon footprint. We all enjoy fresh air, let's keep it clean for others.

‐Cut out as many meat products as possible. Make a stance on industrial meat. Having extra money from not having to buy a OnePlus7t, will make this expense much more manageable.

I feel the 30 days will allow these things to become more of a natural habit that will last longer than just doing something one time.

20. fharizaj9
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

fharizaj9 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    I will give food to as many homeless kids as I can until the day that the winner is revealed. Theeere are many here in Kavaje, Albania. So I will try to make their life a little easier for some time.