Join the "Be the Change" Challenge and win a OnePlus 7T!

1. nosvasedis
    Eclair Sep 20, 2019

nosvasedis , Sep 20, 2019 :
    The most positive one person can do for the world is the most apparent one; change the world.

2. C1568953883872
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

C1568953883872 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    As a 20 year old who has been saving water for the last 12 years,I promise to teach others about the sweet joy that comes from saving water not only for yourself but also for other both in the present and in the future. I bath completely including shampoo in less than a half a bucket of water and am willing to teach this to other people too.Also for single products,I never use plastic bags and can teach both old and young people about saving plastics. What I want from oneplus is a platform to make the teachings a make at a lower level available to all others at a national level.

3. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2019

YRJ , Sep 20, 2019 :
    This is a great initiative @dsmonteiro

Everyone is talking about saving the earth and I respect each and everyone who thinks that way. The fact that the earth is the only life sustaining planet we know of yet, we need to give back to it.

My thought is that everyone has an expiration date and everyone WILL die. Why mess with that? What take things into your hands?

Suicide an ever-growing problem that can be stopped!

About 800,000 people die by suicide worldwide every year, of these 135,000 (17%) are residents of India, a nation with 17.5% of world population. Between 1987 and 2007 (Source: WiKi)

Why do people commit suicide?

It's a storm of strong emotions, uncontrolled feelings, one who has had a traumatic experience (now or back in the day), you do not get what you wanted, failures, lonliness and a road you visualise leads to dead ends.

What has been done to prevent them?

There are many crisis helplines, Even when you search the term 'suicide' on Google it gives you a helpline number as the top search. But does it really help?
    There is hardly any evidence backing the effectiveness of prevention helplines.

What can I/we do?

Kudos to OnePlus for bringing this up, recently I watched '13 reasons why' a Netflix series that revolved around a girl who committed suicide and the events that led to her death.
    I hadn't watched any episode before and whilist I was ill, I binge watched 3 seasons, 39 episodes in 5 days! (You shouldn't it's bad, it's traumatizing)

After a week, I came to the conclusion that, the narrator gives '13 reasons to end her life' but she failed to see how many more reasons she had to live. In the midst of this, I figured that the Tapes she leaves behind to reason her act is exactly what could be the reason for her to live, taking inspiration from the show, I strongly believe we can prevent further suicides.

Let's face it, talking to someone does not solve things but it helps. The problem is that you can't find the best people to talk to and since this method is not proven effective many people don't even try, I know something that can help.

Give a voice to your story!

Ever since I watched the series I was enthralled by how well the series was put up, among other things one things stood out in S1 the tapes!
    Maybe you don't know anyone whom you can share your story with but what if your story is told by someone else?
    There is nothing more fullfiling then having your story told.

So, I plan to start a audio series where I will invite users to anonymously share the events that pushed them to consider suicide with us. I believe that suicide is a huge step and one who considers it is going through something major.
    Having lost a close friend and a family member to suicide, I know I could have prevented that.
    When a person commits suicide not only does it kill himself/herself but it kills the people whom he/she was important for. A life is lost and dreams are persished.

There maybe many factors that influence suicide but among the bottomless pit of reasons is one that we can change, The Society. The people around us, if only we can be more empathetic towards fellow human beings try to understand what's going on in one's mind and make an effort to to not be a factor but a preventer, we could save lives.

With this audio series, the narrator will not only narrate the stories of suicide survivors and people who had considered suicide as an option but also shed light on how we could possibly save someone who we have already lost.
    I believe that in this process we will discover many ways in which the society and people around might have unintentionally pushed a person to the breaking point. Furthermore this will help to understand how it can be prevented in the future.

It is only when we be more thoughtful about people, their feelings and emotions, can we make them feel safe and coexist!
    Everyone has a purpose and deserves to live.
    "Be the change" that you wish to see in this world!

This has been on my mind for long now, I even considered approaching 13RW for help. I will patiently wait for some more time if not chosen I will still do my best to make a difference.

Thanks for reading :)

4. N1558774282594
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

N1558774282594 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I did Not have the chance to Use the Any oneplus Mobile till Now so Give the Phone Then I Told Sir

5. Subhadip Mistry
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2019

Subhadip Mistry , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I will plant 20 trees in my locality. I know this is not that level of challenge. But I think if I will do this then I will be very happy.

6. FoodieMichael
    Froyo Sep 20, 2019

7. Jsprince04
    Froyo Sep 20, 2019

Jsprince04 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    the one positive thing i will do in exchance for oneplus 7t is that i will feed stray dogs everyday in my area according to me this is the best thing i can do

8. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2019

Manav Bhagia , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Couldn't thing of just one thing so, the positive thing I'm willing to do is sharing this thread with people I know so that they get inspired by all the great thoughts which are in this thread ( and also , I can show off my reply [e]1f602[/e]) Jokes apart , amazing thoughts everyone and all the best for y'all working towards being the change !

dsmonteiro likes this.
  9. E1568987678370
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

E1568987678370 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    one plus 7 is a wonderful smartphone ever because the speed of the is phone is beyond the expectations of the user.The snapdragon used in this is the fastest and new updated version of any other Mobiles. The speed and power is faster than the imagination....

10. manojgupta1992
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2019

manojgupta1992 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Considering water shortage in many parts of country & world, willing to take a bath every 2-3 days as opposed to everyday to save water lol :')

11. Aman_jain_12345
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

Aman_jain_12345 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    It really doesn't matter if I get selected or not but here in Surat SMC has place beautiful plants on wall through vertical plants if I get support I want to do that on my balcony walls to make a natural air purifier for my home.

12. Nagesh_Pattanshetty
    Froyo Sep 20, 2019

Nagesh_Pattanshetty , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Many of the kids living in my area are roaming around with the mobile phones of their parents. Their focus on education is very less. My challenge is that I'll pick 2 kids from my neighborhood and make them focus on their studies. I'll do this for at least 2 hours per day after returning from my work.

13. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2019

Venky61 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Thanks man....
    Yes there are many other household items that needs to be taken care while disposing but unfortunately nor the user or the govt tries to regulate this. To be frank, majority of the problem is due to the user's dis-interest towards this. Our government is trying to create awareness about keeping dry and wet waste separately, but still 80% users just dump everything together. Let's hope the change comes soon.

Bouncer71, Starcommander and Dresa91 like this.
  14. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2019

Venky61 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    That's a very good initiative.... There are many people around us who seem to be very normal but are going through depression. Sharing helps here for sure.
    All the best :)

15. jonathanv93
    Froyo Sep 20, 2019

jonathanv93 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I'm willing to leave my electronics alone for a few hours and step outside. Just enjoy a breath of fresh air without the stress of a smart phone and any kind of social media

Dgafking0480 likes this.
  16. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2019

Venky61 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    That's a very strong topic you have chosen...I appreciate it.
    But where will you collect these stories from?

Starcommander, YRJ and Dresa91 like this.
  17. G_joshua_walter_BOFb
    Donut Sep 20, 2019

G_joshua_walter_BOFb , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I would like to make an app that helps you identify your carbon footprint in the world and help you track and come up with ways to help you reduce it.

you can make a calculator to calculate how many miles per gallon your vehicle gets and how far you drive each day, compared to the gas prices in your area.
    you could also have a index a different foods and how much energy is used to make that product and what the carbon footprint of that product is to add it on to your overall score.
    in the index you could also have different alternatives to help you reduce your footprint by finding new means of travel in your vicinity, new types of foods to try, and how to reduce your power usage overall, like giving you tips, like turning things off when you're gone during the day or unplugging things when you go on vacation electrical is cheaper at night so try not to use as much during the day. little things like that to help a person be aware of what we are in this world.

keep the essentials but never settle.

18. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2019

YRJ , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Thanks Venky! :)
    I have spoken about this with some of my friends from the psychology department. With suggestions from mentors and ex employees of suicide helpline executive, it was concluded that people who have ever had the thought of suicide want their story to be heard.

How we plan to collect stories you ask?

Will have a whatsapp number and an email id ( for people who do not want to reveal numbers) where people can send in thier stories as text which will then be recorded by us and released as an audio clip.

Starcommander, Venky61 and Dresa91 like this.
  19. G1526491375373
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

G1526491375373 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Great....First of all oneplus don't give me anxiety attack launch 7t as soon as possible can't wait I am using oneplus 3 still in love with it
    Can't think what else company has got it would be beast
    My challenge
    I am a foodie and like to cook
    I can cook food for ten poor children every Sunday for one month...I guess this is the best I can do

20. Apoorv_Mattoo
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

Apoorv_Mattoo , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I was part of a social service group called Parivartan in college and its tagline itself was 'feel the change'. We used to do a lot of activities like educating underprivileged kids, blood donation drives, Juhu beach cleanups, food distribution etc but ever since job started I've been staying away from those activities.
    So nothing really innovative but I'd like to start spending time atleast once in a while for such social services coz every little contribution helps the society.