Join The Lab and be one of the first to review the Nord 2 & Buds Pro

1. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member Jul 9, 2021

Daniel D. , Jul 9, 2021 :
    1650468-a483a279f5d6c3d0889e8abbdce5515f.png

Hey friends,

Are you excited about the upcoming OnePlus Nord 2 5G launch? I bet you didn't know the new installment of the Nord series would be accompanied by the yet-to-be-announced Buds Pro! Do you want to test them both? Well, you might have to wait less than you expected.

The Lab is back and following our most recent edition of The Lab – OnePlus U1S – we'll have a non-phone product again. This time we are including two products – The OnePlus Nord 2 5G and the Buds Pro.

We welcome you, our beloved and talented community users, to join the Lab, and be the first to go hands-on with these exciting products before anyone else has the chance. If you are a tech enthusiast who has profound knowledge and passion for Tech gadgets and wants the world to hear your voice, please show us your excellent and unbiased reviewing skills.

What's the process?
    • July 9 – Open for Application
    • July 9 – July 17 – Community team reviews your application
    • July 17 – Application Closes
    • July 21 – Lab Reviewers are announced
    • July 22 – Devices are shipped
    • TBD – Unboxing and Embargo
    • TBD – The Lab Review commences

When can you apply?
    From now until July 17, 23:59 HKT GMT+8 (inclusive)

How can you apply?
    We have brought back our Lab Page, please submit your applications here. Please share links to photos/videos in the application. Do remember that the links must be accessible by us.
    Send your applications in and stand a chance to be one of our Nord 2/Buds Pro reviewers!

Without further ado, hit the Apply Now button below and be one of our Nord 2/Buds Pro reviewers!

Apply Now CLOSED

You can find the FAQs in the comments below or the Lab page, and feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions.

2. Daniel D.

Stickied Post
    FAQ:
    Q:
    Who is eligible?
    A: All users will be eligible for our program. However, users who have previously participated in either the Nord 2 or OnePlus Buds Pro beta test programs cannot participate.

Q: What criteria will OnePlus use to select the winners?
    A: Your entry will be reviewed based on your photography and writing skills. Other criteria include your tech gadget experience, review history, blogging, and related user-generated content highlighting your writing proficiency. This allows us to determine whether you qualify as a Lab reviewer.

Q: How many devices have you prepared for the Lab?
    A: We have prepared 10 devices for each edition of the Lab.

Q: When will you ship out the review devices?
    A: Reviewers will receive devices around the official launch event date.

Q: For how long do reviewers get to create their review thread after receiving the device?
    A: We allow approximately seven calendar days for reviewers to write their review. A follow-up review after using the device for one month is also required.

Q: Will reviewers be able to keep the devices?
    A: Yes, provided both reviews are completed and submitted on time.

Q: Are Lab reviewers allowed to write critical reviews of the products they received?
    A: Our top priority is to elicit honest feedback, so we can better improve our products. We are committed to publishing user feedback – positive or critical – with zero censorship or influence.

3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 9, 2021

Stickied Post
    B_Wrath , Jul 9, 2021 :
    Add these clauses:
    1. If the review is just a youtube video to plug their channel, the phone will be taken back.
    2. If the review is just few photos without giving the actual method of taking the photos, the phone will be taken back.
    3. If the review is just a spreadsheet of the tech spec already on the website accompanied just by an unboxing, the device will be taken back.

4. Daniel D.

Stickied Post
    @B_Wrath Thanks for the feedback, we'll include these guidelines when onboarding the reviewers, and we'll definitely consider this while performing the user selection.

5. Daniel D.

Stickied Post
    Hello friends,

We are currently facing some technical difficulties in the landing page application, I know everyone is excited to work on their entry. I would suggest working on the draft application on a word file. The IT team is working on the issue right now, please bear with us. I will provide an update once available :)
    (Issue with the Special Characters has been solved on July 9th 2350, Please let me know if there are further issues and we will get it taken care of ASAP.)

6. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 12, 2021

Stickied Post

7. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member Jul 15, 2021

Stickied Post
    Daniel D. , Jul 15, 2021 :
    Countdown.png

Very friendly reminder from Daniel
    2 Days, 5 Hours, 31 minutes, 54 seconds is the time you have to get your entries in, procrastination is not recommended.

I get way more excited than these guys when "The Lab is Coming"
    I think I will make a meme out of this...

8. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member Jul 21, 2021

Stickied Post
    Daniel D. , Jul 21, 2021 :
    Hi friends,

Thanks to everyone for their participation in The Lab - OnePlus Nord 2 & Buds Pro Edition. By July 18th, we received 10,000+ applications ( ~6,000 for Nord 2 and ~4,000 for Buds Pro). We are happy to see many outstanding entries. It is the enthusiasm and talent that lives in our Community that makes The Lab so remarkable and special!

Also a special thanks to our beloved mods and @Jade D. . With their support we have finally picked the top 10 entries per segment to join the reviewer squad. Without further ado, let's welcome and meet the reviewer squad for The Lab - OnePlus Nord 2 & Buds Pro Edition.

Slight Update on Reviewer List
    Nord 2:
    @PhotoPicker
    @Nipu_1998
    @Sylvester.David
    @Halliwell
    @Sravankumarjangam
    @melvinmajor
    @americorloliveira
    @Abhishek654
    @ankitgondalia
    @Aditya_4

Buds Pro:
    @Anklang
    @Jeff Watson
    @Liehjan
    @Venky61
    @alucardrellik
    @AstersJr
    @G_Harshit_Raj_sharma_ACj
    @Joyal@Nightwalkr
    @Ruxandari Razvan
    @DemonHavoc

Congratulations! We cannot wait to experience the Nord 2 and Buds Pro from the perspectives of the reviewer squad.

nerdkabir, hbk1402, SRD. and 39 others like this.
  9. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Jul 9, 2021

10. O. Priya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2021

11. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 9, 2021

12. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jul 9, 2021

13. anunayC

14. nerdkabir

15. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Jul 9, 2021

sumitMZ007 , Jul 9, 2021 :
    when i try to share a link in review description or other section it tells me in red "The input contains special characters!" please help ! and i'm unable to submit

16. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Jul 9, 2021

17. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Jul 9, 2021

YRJ , Jul 9, 2021 :
    Sounds great! Thanks for opening the doors to the LAB this time around @Daniel D.

Really interested to check out the Buds Pro, all the best to the participants :)

18. Daniel D.

Send me a PM, let's figure it out.

19. gautamthapar
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Jul 9, 2021

20. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 9, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jul 9, 2021 :
    They didn't ask if you have an IG, Twitter or YouTube account though as far as I could see.

Weird.....

21. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Jul 9, 2021

YRJ , Jul 9, 2021 :
    Are there emojis/smileys in your entry? The webpage wouldn't accept them in previous lab editions I wonder if that's the case.

22. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 Jul 9, 2021

23. SRD.
    Lollipop Jul 9, 2021

SRD. , Jul 9, 2021 :
    Great oppertunity @Daniel D. 👍

I'll be applying for the Buds Pro. ( Don't know it's a separate entry or not).