Join the OnePlus 6 and Bullets Wireless AMA now!

1. Wuhfel Honeycomb May 18, 2018

Wuhfel, May 18, 2018 :
    Does the OP6 camera suffer from the same oil painting effect as the 5t?

2. rva Gingerbread May 18, 2018

rva, May 18, 2018 :
    @Carl et al. Could you share your thoughts in FM radio in smartphones. No OnePlus device has ever had this, but to me it seems like a really great feature to be included for your customers. Is including FM radio something OnePlus would consider for a future device (hopefully without any excessive cost premium)?

Thanks for this AMA by the way.

3. EABowden Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2018

EABowden, May 18, 2018 :
    Hey @Carl, thanks for replying

As for the India price difference, I again feel you're taking a liberty by charging people (who couldn't attend the launch) £69 for the bullets when they are USD69 too (£51 plus sales tax) and €69 (£60).

I've been a fan since first laying eyes on the OP3 and will be selling my Soft Gold OP5 to upgrade. But I'm really worried about the fingerprints on the glossy one. This wasn't an issue with the gold phone. At the launch they were constantly polishing the phones to hide this problem, which is why I was looking at getting the matte black that hardly showed any fingerprints. Why are you not doing that version at the base price, given you know how important price is to many users?

And you haven't really answered the waterproofing question. How long can it actually be realistically submerged? I don't need an IP certification - I can take it on trust if you say you expect it to be able to take photos underwater like the Samsung

Emanuel T and rva like this.
  4. AcmE85 Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2018

AcmE85, May 18, 2018 :
    Are you freaking kidding me!?! You broke the slider with the very first OOS Beta on the OP3 and after almost two years of complaining of OP3/T/5/T users, a dumb tweet by yourstruly and an apparently useless survey, you still have the nerve to say you "see about adding to the 5/5T"... smh

typical OnePlus d-move!
    Thanks for once again showing the community how much you really care.

5. wmb37 Eclair May 18, 2018

wmb37, May 18, 2018 :
    Hi @tom_b

I have the original 1P1 which I had to beg for :) which I am going to upgrade. I was at the launch in London which I felt was first class.

I intend to purchase the Midnight Black and was wondering how will I be able to claim the free 'Bullet Wireless Buds'

sxegti likes this.
  6. iNtEnSePL KitKat May 18, 2018

7. shotwizard Cupcake May 18, 2018

shotwizard, May 18, 2018 :
    A few days ago you posted pictures for a series of blind camera tests. Can you please let us know which 4 pictures were shot with the OnePlus 6?

8. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer May 18, 2018

Alvie, May 18, 2018 :
    Why not AptX HD instead of AptX?

9. manuel19 KitKat May 18, 2018

manuel19, May 18, 2018 :
    What about a seek music feature by holding volume buttons, when the screen is off?

sxegti likes this.
  10. Carl Co-founder Staff Member May 18, 2018

Stickied Post
    Carl, May 18, 2018 :
    We don't have any plans of releasing the Avengers version outside of China and India. If you know knew about the complexities around global IP licensing, haha...

187puneet, Mjo, PladerX and 24 others like this.
  11. kushalpandya Gingerbread May 18, 2018

kushalpandya, May 18, 2018 :
    Oxygen OSs biggest USP was that it stayed close to stock Android. Unfortunately, this isn't true any more; settings UI doesn't match with AOSP for Oreo, Notification shade and status bar icons do not match with AOSP styles, there are plenty such instances where OOS has gotten quite different from stock UX, do you plan to address these gaps? or is it a deliberate choice in favour of your UX research?

MarkAle, arvind_gr, rva and 2 others like this.
  12. Amonzzy Eclair May 18, 2018

Amonzzy, May 18, 2018 :
    I'm really sad about it. Could you just put Iron man case on the Europe market? :)

13. johgru Donut May 18, 2018

johgru, May 18, 2018 :
    Just rumors... but I read that the loudspeaker distorts at 80% and higher volume?
    I think that would be unacceptable and I hope you can debunk the rumor :)

Wuhfel likes this.
  14. manuel19 KitKat May 18, 2018

manuel19, May 18, 2018 :
    Alert slider on the op6 is 'fully customizable', what does that mean? Can we change 'ring - vibrate - silent? And into what?

15. Babarr.Ali Gingerbread May 18, 2018

Babarr.Ali, May 18, 2018 :
    First of all I would like to congratulate whole team for wow OnePlus6.. It's tremendous..

@Carl when do we get in screen finger print sensor? Any plans?

@Tom B. Any plans for having official presence in Pakistan? Huge untapped market there for OnePlus?

16. johgru Donut May 18, 2018

KamiKhan and rva like this.
  17. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer May 18, 2018

Alvie, May 18, 2018 :
    1) A question I've seen a lot on the forums:
    "Is it dual SIM dual active, or dual SIM dual stand by?"

2) Why has DASH charge been renamed to Fast Charging?
    My guess was to be consistent with the earphones charging (which while Fast, isn't DASH charge speeds, right?), but it seems in India it hasn't been rebranded?

18. Wuhfel Honeycomb May 18, 2018

19. narceoneplus2 Honeycomb May 18, 2018

narceoneplus2, May 18, 2018 :
    Will the Bullets Wireless be fully compatible for the OnePlus 3T in a future update? Is it also compatible with other Android phones?

meatandy and Joe90 like this.
  20. Carl Co-founder Staff Member May 18, 2018

Stickied Post
    Carl, May 18, 2018 :
    We had this for the OnePlus X but didn't see much usage to be honest. Both downloaded and streamed music has so much better fidelity. In addition, with online radio, I'm quite curious about why you'd be looking for this?

youbi, rayth77, Alvie and 17 others like this.