Join the OnePlus 6 and Bullets Wireless AMA now!

1. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 19, 2018

Dunnow , May 19, 2018 :
    I requested this to @Carl in the Open Ears Camera Forum too.
    • My main reason would be for proper gaming on TV's.
    • All TV's have an hdmi port.
    • Not all TV's have miracast or DLNA.
    • Wireless Display has an incredible amount of lag. And it tends to be on the real bad lower side of kbps.
    • ChromeCast are not accessible everywhere and not all TV's are smart TV

Imagine I would like to load a PSX emulator, load Crash Bandicoot and play with a BT remote. I would have the following issues with a wireless dongle / native tech / whatever miracast bla bla bla.
    1. my phone screen would need to be ON if it's a mirroring feature
    2. LAGland you cannot play a precision based game like crash with .5s of lag and constant stutter
    3. we are getting to a point where type-c to hdmi cables are more common than ever thanks to Asus zenbooks, or DELL XPS's and others. It would be easy and cheap to get the image out without extra hassle.

Hello Jimmy! I'm sad to hear this. In the forum we all specifically requested you guys to allow us to use any sensor we wanted, at least in manual mode :c

I'll refer you to the first message again ;P
    No power delivery, and no USB 3.1 protocols is due to Dash Charge right? And the fact that your device is wired outside standard on the Type-C end, to get more power through unused pins back in the day of OP3 release

Last edited: May 19, 2018

AcmE85, idkwhoiam322 and G_plusone like this.
  2. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 19, 2018 :
    I recall myself telling you about this... I think you would be surprised on how many people actually connect their phones to the USB. Regardless, it's not only about usb2.0 speeds, but type-c + usb3.1 features.

Video output being my main focus, being able to share battery to another device my secondary.

I bet there would be more people interested on those features (if they knew they could have it to begin with) rather than having a phone that charges just a % faster than the competitors.

Dash charge is not that good after all, it's quick up until 80% or so and then, just as any other QC tech, it slows down... and other companies catch up there. so... what's the point of being "the first to 80%" ?

3. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 19, 2018 :
    I saw it just after I posted and scrolled back up :p

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  4. Ejroman
    Cupcake May 19, 2018

Ejroman , May 19, 2018 :
    1526745007680.jpg

5. Ejroman
    Cupcake May 19, 2018

6. devoncatt
    Gingerbread May 19, 2018

devoncatt , May 19, 2018 :
    21st at the pop up store in London or 22nd May elsewhere online there's a special on priority shipping on 22nd.

7. Fidda
    Gingerbread May 19, 2018

Fidda , May 19, 2018 :
    I believe it has it. I remember seeing it on a youtube video which I will now search in my history.

Nvm that video... It was a comparison between the OP6 and the P20, turns out the P20 has and I don't know if the Oneplus 6 has this feature or not. You will have to wait until there is more knowledge around the device or wait for someone with the information to answer.

Last edited: May 19, 2018

Ejroman likes this.
  8. devoncatt
    Gingerbread May 19, 2018

If you were at the launch and you were the ticket holder you should have received the code in an email. In theory it's sharable with friends.

9. devoncatt
    Gingerbread May 19, 2018

notiboi9494

Will oneplus 6 warranty be international? Or is it just limited to the UK if I purchase the handset from the UK?
    Also, will we be able to shop tax-free at the pop-up store in London and get a tax refund at the airport?

Warranty is valid only in the country it was purchased in according to th T&C s because I wanted an Avengers special edition and could get one shipped to the UK but warranty was only valid I China so sigh. So I will get the boring matte black to get the free wire less bullet headphines and the warranty!

10. Sxlly
    Froyo May 19, 2018

David Y. likes this.
  11. Tospik
    Donut May 19, 2018

Tospik , May 19, 2018 :
    Why only one speaker ? I'm sad to still not have stereo on a OnePlus phone ! :(

12. devoncatt
    Gingerbread May 19, 2018

Bullet wireless should work but pause when you put the magnetic part together won't work I think.

13. Sakthi_Ganesh_2017
    Cupcake May 19, 2018

Sakthi_Ganesh_2017 , May 19, 2018 :
    Hi OnePlus team another solid bang for buck product launched [e]1f601[/e] kudos to that [e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e]

@Gary C. Will you be adding more navigation gestures like switching between apps like on the iPhone X (left swipe) or atleast switching between last app and current app ( Andriod double tap on recent button) as some gesture ....would be really great if u cud add these

We are collecting the ideas for navigation gestures right now.
    For the double-tap screen off, you can find it in OnePlus Launcher 2.3.3.

@Jimmy Z. what are the new camera features that we can expect to trickle down to older phones like the 5,5t,3,3t ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2018

14. aritzherrero
    Froyo May 19, 2018

G_plusone likes this.
  15. Fidda
    Gingerbread May 19, 2018

Fidda , May 19, 2018 :
    Hi again!

Nvm that video I mentioned earlier... It was a comparison between the OP6 and the P20, turns out the P20 has it and I don't know if the Oneplus 6 has this feature or not. You will have to wait until there is more knowledge around the device or wait for someone with the information to respond.

Ejroman likes this.
  16. F_Harry_Banyard_XgPP
    Cupcake May 19, 2018

F_Harry_Banyard_XgPP , May 19, 2018 :
    Hi there, probably a little less related to the phone itself. But, I work for Carphone Warehouse in the UK and was wondering if OnePlus would ever sell in a company like ours?I know you sell exclusively through O2 but what we commonly find is customers are unwilling to pay a hefty monthly cost. I know when a customer does come in it's hard to bite my tongue and suggest a phone that we don't sell. I can imagine it would fly off the shelves and compete incredibly well with other android handsets we sell (e.g.Huawei, Nokia, and Samsung). Looking forward to owning a OnePlus 6 in the near future!

Huigiebaby likes this.
  17. OnePlus Mathias
    Cupcake May 19, 2018

Fidda likes this.
  18. pks_04
    Froyo May 19, 2018

pks_04 , May 19, 2018 :
    Does OP6 support Active dual VoLTE i.e both VoLTE SIM active at the same time?

19. elanglois
    Lollipop May 19, 2018

elanglois , May 19, 2018 :
    because its pointless. I control my whole house with a remote on my phone, even legacy IR devices. I can do this from any room in the house and do not need line of sight. I have no use for an IR blaster on the phone.

It costs all of $5 to get a WiFi to IR gateway for a room

20. Solution
    Froyo May 19, 2018

Solution , May 19, 2018 :
    May 22nd 10AM CEST - as per the Oneplus website: [​IMG]

Wuhfel likes this.