Join the OnePlus 8T Launch Event Countdown Madness and win prizes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Oct 13, 2020

luigimario , Oct 13, 2020 :
    No need to buy on launch day. If you wait a few months you will either have a special edition or a price drop. I got the 7 pro after the 7t came out and got it for a solid price.

TibiTibi likes this.
  2. jayjanai
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2020

jayjanai , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 13, 2020 :
    Trust me . This is coming from an iphone 6s user. It was a secondary daily driver though. With Android its all about contol on sorts of customization. Ever tried building a rom n testing it on various devices.. that kind of control is what u experience with Oxygen OS.

3. chicagoron
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2020

chicagoron , Oct 13, 2020 :
    T1.
    Lost my Oneplus 6 months ago and reverted back to my old Oneplus 1 and month later had to ditch that once it wouldn't read sim card anymore. So I've been looking forward to this 8T release for a while! Can't wait until it's in my hands! :D

4. G_Manav_Bansal
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2020

5. Niklasg85
    Backstage Star Award 2021 Oct 13, 2020

6. @IMNavarn_1302 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Oct 13, 2020 :
    It's not about being envious. It's about keeping the users in the dark. Let's take the example of T and Regular number series. It's been trend that after 6 month of launch of Number series T series is launched. So people can't complain about this bcoz so many people know that what would be approx timeline of T series. And if they aren't happy with any matter of the Regular number series then they should wait for T series.
    But SE. This isn't T series thing. It's being the new color. (if anything other than the color and minor price difference changes then it would be okay)
    So if some people didn't like the launched color of the phone, but they had to buy the phone coz they didn't know that there would be a new color coming out of the blue within just 1 and half month then they are being decieved.
    What would have been the loss for OnePlus if it had shown the SE variant in the launch but said that it's availability would take 2 months time. Then the people who wanted that color could have waited, and the people for whom color wasn't issue would have gone for the Normal ones. At least users would have known that there is an SE. Xiaomi did it with K20 Pro diamond edition. It was only for the Luxurious People so they showed that in the launch. Normal user knew that and weren't affected. User has every right to know that if they are gonna get something new just after 1 month with everything being the same. So they would wait. If someone not wanna cover the back then What about that one. He has right to buy too the SE but he couldn't bcoz he just purchased the standard one 1 month ago. Or OnePlus should give the first buyers an option to exchange the standard One with the SE one with 1k or 0.5k . Now the person capable of spending 1k more would go for it, and person not capable would be satisfied with what he got .

7. bosstjan
    Donut Oct 13, 2020

bosstjan , Oct 13, 2020 :
    My first OP phone is 3T and after all those years I'm still using it. It's still better than the majority of other phones around.

Nevertheless I think it's time to switch to the new beast, that's why I can't wait for tomorrow's event. I've read lots of different articles based on rumors, so I'm eager to see what's true and what not:)

8. @IMNavarn_1302 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Oct 13, 2020 :
    You made the point yourself. Wait a few months I don't think comes under just after 1 and half month. At least 9 month should be better too for any SE launch. But if it's gonna launch within just 1 month then user has right to now. Otherwise why only waiting for few months, wait for few years. You will get the phone for free maybe when someone would throw it like scrap.
    Waiting is not the solution if it is unknown that whether any SE would be launched.

But if is known about any SE then definitely you are right. Just wait for that. Like we all do know in BBD and GIF in India mobiles prices are at its lowest. So people wanted to get the phone for its lowest price would wait. But not for wait forever to get any SE if it's unknown.

9. @IMNavarn_1302 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Oct 13, 2020 :
    You are just talking in the reference of UI.
    You can't compete on overall performance with Apple.
    You can see any review, read any article.
    I am also using Nord but can't make the fact wrong that SE 2020 is way more than powerful and great than this. That's why it was my first priority. I was waiting for both SE2020 and OnePlus 8 lite. Bcoz the leaks about both came approx the same time. My 1st option was SE 2020 (that time I did know it as SE 2). But it launched in India at 42500 and I heard the leak about 399 $. So I calculated about exchange rate and found it should have been at 30k with taxes. But they launched at way more higher. So I had to opt for Nord then. Bcoz of its 5G (my 1st reason to buy this), and brand name (second reason ) and 12/256 at 30k (3rd one) and the Pre order benefits (4th one but didn't get full satisfaction with this).
    If SE 2020 would have launched then at 30k I would have gone for it. Bcoz of the processor (my first priority), IP68 Rating (2nd), Latest Updates for long time(3rd), Security (4th) and Wireless Charging (which isn't my priority but is kind of adds on benefit for me).

jayjanai likes this.
  10. Superkameguru97
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2020

11. @IMNavarn_1302 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Oct 13, 2020 :
    And I didn't buy the Nord to just get any new phone after two years. If that would be the case I would have gone for some 9k phone. I wanted the device to be with me for a long time. That's why I opted 12/256, otherwise I would have waited for 6/64. And with the SE 2020 the case was same. I wanted to buy it too for the same reason that it would be with me for a long time. Not just 2-3 Years.

12. Superkameguru97
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2020

13. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Oct 13, 2020

14. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Oct 13, 2020

cdnfarmer and Helder_DAlmeida like this.

15. TibiTibi likes this.
  16. Staf Heymans
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2020

17. @IMNavarn_1302 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Oct 13, 2020 :
    That's the surprise for tomorrow launch only. 8T looks have been revealed. Nord SE will be excitement for those who didn't buy it yet, Buds Z the same case who doesn't have Buds, Wireless Z Bass Edition same thing, Powerbank look has been revealed too. So the only excitement for me is about wOtch and if it only comes with E-Sim and mic and speaker under 15K.
    View attachment 1458787

View attachment 1457519

Staf Heymans and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  18. AdrianoS USA
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2020