Join the OnePlus Customer Support AMA on Dec 21

1. Tom B. Global Service Strategy Operations Staff Member Dec 18, 2017

Tom B., Dec 18, 2017 :
    forum-big.png

Friends,

Your support has lifted us up from a little-known startup to the global disruptor we are today. So, we hear you when you ask for high-quality Customer Support. We’ve come a long way since the days of the OnePlus One. Back then, we had only 5 people in customer support in a single location. Today, we have over 500 customer service agents ready to lend a hand. We solve more tickets a day now than we ever have. But, we realize that our after-sales support still has a long way to go. As our Customer Service team continues to grow and evolve, the way we do things changes as well. We know a lot of you have questions about the way we handle Customer Support. That’s why we’re preparing a special CS-focused AMA, where you will be able to get answers to (almost) all of your questions.

Things to keep in mind:
    1. The AMA takes place on December 21 (Thursday), from 9 AM to 11 AM CST. (3:00 PM to 5 PM GMT, 8:30 PM to 10:30 PM IST, and 11 PM to 1 AM HKT).
    2. We will focus and answer questions related to after-sales support.
    3. We’re here to listen! If you don’t have a specific question, but would like to share some personal feedback, please feel free.
    We’ll be joined by key members of our Customer Service department from all OnePlus shipping regions, including:

Tom Bruno – Global Service Strategy
    Maria – Global Service Strategy
    Francis – India Customer Service
    Monica Zhou – EU/NA Customer Service
    Eagle – EU Customer Service
    Sam Wang – EU Repairs
    Ross Huang – NA Repairs​

We look forward to receiving your questions! As a way of saying thank you for participating, 5 randomly selected participants will receive a OnePlus Bullet v2 of their choosing.

Never Settle.

2. camohan Lollipop Moderator Dec 19, 2017

camohan, Dec 19, 2017 :
    Awesome..!! After sales support is one of the most important decision making factor while buying any electronic device. I will frame some questions for India region.

3. Cheetosdust Lollipop Dec 19, 2017

Cheetosdust, Dec 19, 2017 :
    Hello Tom,

thanks for the update. I'll be there - going to collect my questions beforehand.

I anticipate a lot of questions about everything but the Costumer Service. :)

4. BobbyVK Lollipop Dec 19, 2017

BobbyVK, Dec 19, 2017 :
    Good move. Brace yourselves for the countless questions (more of problems) from India

PhFS, macsenjose18, RamboH and 12 others like this.
  5. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Dec 19, 2017

rarog, Dec 19, 2017 :
    Probably. Like "where's the promised naught?" But I'm very keen to see what relevant questions will be asked and what the answers will be. IMHO the support is much, much better since OPO days. We (mods) had to help and escalate things on almost daily basis. Now this is an exception. Given the fact that much more devices are sold than in OPO days, this is a great progress, but as @BobbyVK mentioned, some support centres in India still seem to make problems. The support there is completely different compared to EU/NA, where the phone is shipped to few but big service centres and repaired there.

6. G_Daniel_Rupprecht_qcvd Cupcake Dec 19, 2017

7. 0slawek Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 19, 2017

0slawek, Dec 19, 2017 :

Naught or noughat are common. Best I've seen was ppably oreao, oryo, oreyoh xD

That is sad that indians don't even bother to check one simple word, before posting their thread, and then cry when someone is making fun of it...

8. BobbyVK Lollipop Dec 19, 2017

BobbyVK, Dec 19, 2017 :
    Worse when my 3T was opened in such a way it got scratches on the side under screen. I was happy at first to get such quick service. Then noticed they haven't even checked the camera module was burnt. had to rush back one more time and got scratches.

Even Worse
    The directions provided on Oneplus website leads to a third party service centre

PhFS likes this.
  9. Cheetosdust Lollipop Dec 19, 2017

I know people are eager to see their problems solved, that’s understandable.

But it’s really easy to dismiss a service - and a system - based on a few situations. I know the costumer service could be better, they all can, however, from my experience, it’s not as bad as people “want” it to be.

I’ve contacted the service several times - in every single occasion it went smoothly, they solved my question/situation and even had the courtesy to check if everything was ok.

I’m not special, I’m not the biggest customer. Maybe I had lucky, sure, but I can only speak from my experience.

My point - and my advice - is to read the OP and ask questions - and give suggestions - about the subject in question. It’s probably going to lead to a free for all, but I’m sure the mod team is going to be prepared.

VipulJadhav12 and rarog like this.
  10. camohan Lollipop Moderator Dec 19, 2017

camohan, Dec 19, 2017 :
    I had been to Service centre here in Mumbai thrice for OPO, Op5 and my boss's Op2. During all the time I had pleasant experience and ofcourse they dint knew I was a mod.

Mr. Vandelay, Cheetosdust and rarog like this.
  11. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Dec 19, 2017

rarog, Dec 19, 2017 :
    Is there any quality control via customer survey afterwards? If not, that's bad, as I think, that the Indian service centres are paid per case handled and don't have any motivation besides being quick and this might make the quality suffer.

Dhiren Velari and Cheetosdust like this.
  12. luxuskamel KitKat Dec 19, 2017

luxuskamel, Dec 19, 2017 :
    Great to hear that! Pretty sure that some important questions will be answered

what I want to know is if there is still software support after 2 years planed? Hopefully as long as the hardware does support it. Should also be OnePlus' interest: Making the customer lucky, keeping a good image ;)

Bluecat08 and Cheetosdust like this.
  13. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Dec 19, 2017

rarog, Dec 19, 2017 :
    Speaking form European point of view - the weakest point currently is the missing local language support. There are many languages here and while I'd say the majority of the youth can communicate in English, there are still customers who can't, who are too old or just not used to use it. And then many things can be lost in translation during communication. Offering native speakers for all supported countries would be a big plus.

Cheetosdust likes this.
  14. camohan Lollipop Moderator Dec 19, 2017

camohan, Dec 19, 2017 :
    To answer, when I went for my op5 , I had received a call from Representative about my experience. In my case, they were very methodological and ensured device was not mishandled. Most probably because mine was exclusive service centre and not third party.

rarog likes this.
  15. camohan Lollipop Moderator Dec 19, 2017

camohan, Dec 19, 2017 :
    I am not sure if software support forms part of the customer support we are talking here.

16. BobbyVK Lollipop Dec 19, 2017

BobbyVK, Dec 19, 2017 :
    Executive who handled it accepted it was during the process but the service centre head denied and said you have to come back immediately (I went back after few days as I was busy).

On an off the record conversation the executive revealed the reason for denial. I don't think I can post it here.

PhFS likes this.
  17. BobbyVK Lollipop Dec 19, 2017

BobbyVK, Dec 19, 2017 :
    Exclusive service centres would be fine. Authorised centres lack control. The one I had been to is authorised for Mi as well.

Third party? you mean authorised or those out of OnePlus chain?

PhFS likes this.
  18. camohan Lollipop Moderator Dec 19, 2017

camohan, Dec 19, 2017 :
    I mean authorised which handle multiple OEMs like you went to.

19. Cheetosdust Lollipop Dec 19, 2017

I can only speak from my european experience.

And yeah, I agree with the language support. However, from a business perspective, I don’t know if it’s justifiable to have spoken support in my own language - Portuguese.

I really don’t know, that’s not rhetoric. Maybe one person should be enough? We have two mods in Portugal (@youbi and @pikota) and I believe they do a good job checking with the Costumer Service itself with the questions asked by the community.

But imagine this: OnePlus is getting global, clearly trying to reach people outside the enthusiastic faction. What happens if a person from Portugal, for example, with 65 years old and no knowledge in English buy a phone? Even getting to the Portuguese section here in the forums is not easy for a person with little to none knowledge in English.

pikota and rarog like this.
  20. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 19, 2017

youbi, Dec 19, 2017 :
    There's really no point on making great devices if then you don't support it equally, so good to now that you haven't settled and you want to keep improving the support. :) Like you said, you have come a long way since the start, but there is always room for improvements.

One question that I think of and that I keep seeing around in the community is the timeline for repair support of Oneplus devices. The truth is that you guys do great pieces of hardware, and that makes them last for a good amount of time. You still have plenty of folks with Oneplus Ones that are still rocking and loving it. :D

But since some parts need replacement (like the battery and screens). It would be nice if Oneplus could offer those for some time. Or at least say for how long they will support it right from the start. Because you end up having to resort to some shady components, when you could just want to use the official ones.

It would be great if Oneplus could let the users spoil their awesome phones if they wanted. :D :p