Join the OnePlus Customer Support AMA on Dec 21

1. Cheetosdust KitKat Dec 21, 2017

Cheetosdust, Dec 21, 2017 :

Sasikumartm likes this.
  2. G_Pinky_Fifield_tfXG Cupcake Dec 21, 2017

3. TheImaginaryCreator Donut Dec 21, 2017

TheImaginaryCreator, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Why doesn't the OnePlus messenger app support group messages? I love the default app but was forced to switch to Google's messenger because of group messages ☹️

4. Cheetosdust KitKat Dec 21, 2017

5. Shivang Joshi Jelly Bean Dec 21, 2017

Shivang Joshi, Dec 21, 2017 :
    I have a few things to tell here.

Visiting a OnePlus Service Centre is not an easy task. I had to visit the OnePlus Service Centre when I was having some problems with the OnePlus 5. I knew about the problem and also knew about which part needed to be changed. On telling them things at first, they told me that I need to submit the device there for checking and it would take 7 days for that. Well, almost every other brand's service centre checks the device the same day or even at the same time within few minutes (or hour or two, depending upon the situation), but they needed 7 days, and I don't know for what!

I am a student, and being without a primary device I use for everything related to my college stuff, was not an option for me. On calling OnePlus Customer Support and going through 3-4 levels of representatives, finally a guy was able to understand the problem and after a ton of discussion between him and the Service Center Person, I was told to bring in my device and submit it the other day, and they would check it and return until evening time. So, they still needed a day. I did that, and they came up with the resolution of changing the motherboard, and that wasn't even in stock there. So, it would take days for that to arrive, and again I needed to submit the device, until it gets repaired. It wasn't even 3 months and it already needed a motherboard replacement.

But, again after talking with the Customer Service representative, I was allowed to keep the device and bring it ASAP(Within 1 hour) to the Service Center after the part arrives(On a special basis). I agreed to that. Even though, it was difficult for me(Because my college is at a travel distance of around 2hrs) to do that, I agreed because I didn't had any other option. [I also asked the Customer Support Person if it is possible to simply replace the device instead of replacing the motherboard, as both have almost the same price, but he told me that it wasn't possible. If that would have been possible, all the struggles for the Service Center and the Customer(Me, in this case) could have been solved simply]

So, after all this I have some suggestions:

1. Atleast try to provide a spare device to the customers, if they need to submit the device for number of days.

2. Also, reduce the time which is needed to just check the device and diagnose the problem (This is definitely possible)

3. Have some parts ready in stock and available at the Service Center

4. In case there is a need to replace the motherboard within the first 6 months, your team can provide the complete replacement of the device, as the pricing of those is not much different. (29k for motherboard and 33k for the device) It helps in reducing the hassles a lot.

Now, a bit of feedback:

1. The Customer Service Representative (The 3rd or 4th level one) was good and it was great to talk with him, as the others didn't understood even a bit of the problem.

2. The Service Center People are quite rude, and it was a pain to visit the Service Center.

3. When I was at the Service Center, a person came in with his OnePlus 3T(Liquid Damage), which was about 2-3 months old and he was told that nothing can be done with that now, and he just needs to buy another device. He probably spent ₹30k on a device just before 2-3 months and now he has to do that again. That's really bad. Maybe, it was his fault or maybe, it wasn't, but that really sucks. So, finally add the Water Resistance with your next device, probably it being the OnePlus 6.

So, that was my Experience+Suggestions+Feedback for the Team.

manav130188 likes this.
  6. sztyg Cupcake Dec 21, 2017

sztyg, Dec 21, 2017 :
    Can I create a forum for a Polish Users? I mean a new region.
    Regards, Kamil.

7. G_Biswajit_sarkar_WOnM Donut Dec 27, 2017

8. manav130188 Cupcake Dec 28, 2017

manav130188, Dec 28, 2017 :
    Hey Tom,

m looking forward to update my op5 to Oreo, is it still in beta phase or may be I should Wait for a little more time. cos I can see ppl still facing probs with their handsets.
    pls guide.

expecting answers from ur side.