Join us at one of the 7 OnePlus 3 pop-up events

1. D_luvin
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2016

D_luvin , Jun 16, 2016 :
    GoodLuck !

2. TauSigmaNova
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2016

TauSigmaNova , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Almost at the corner.... No idea what the status is. Shame everything including Starbucks closes at 9:00 in the area unlike midtown

3. TauSigmaNova
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2016

4. TauSigmaNova
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2016

5. rupedog
    Froyo Jun 16, 2016

rupedog , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Just left the NYC event. Got the phone and met Carl! It was great. Long line bit worth the wait when you get in.

keithnyc, TiramisuNY and Mat11 like this.
  6. humayonsaeed
    Froyo Jun 16, 2016

humayonsaeed , Jun 16, 2016 :
    First event for Oneplus and first ever experience queing for a phone, waited for over 4 hours, yes the venue was small, however, came to get the phone and was not disappointed !! Finally transferred all data and running the phone - ITS AMAZING !! So much better than the 2 !! Totally worth the wait and to have the phone on launch date is awesome - Thanks Carl & Co !!

mojoyoyo77, Hassan_Abdul and Mat11 like this.
  7. humayonsaeed
    Froyo Jun 16, 2016

Attached Files:

8. TauSigmaNova
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2016

TauSigmaNova , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Well on my way home. Got my phone, a free case, free ice cream, and some other goodies. Will make a good upgrade from the OPO

TiramisuNY likes this.
  9. TiramisuNY
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2016

TiramisuNY , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Arrived at NY Pop-up Event at 5:25pm and was 84th in line--I actually counted! Bought some ice cream. Friend with OPO joined me at 6:30pm. The line was mostly in the shade so it was much more comfortable than the OP2 Pop-up in Times Square.

Took pix with Carl and asked him about OPX, OP3, etc. He recognized me from OP2 Pop-up event and my friend from OPO event--scary great memory! He was mindful to schedule the OP3 Pop-up event for later in the day when most people are off of work.

Got into Pop-up Event at around 7:50pm. Had a great time exploring the OP3 features and left around 8:20pm. The line outside was still around the block. Swag + ice cream was only for OP3 purchasers.

I hope everyone who wanted a phone got one.

10. gozilar84
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2016

gozilar84 , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Just went to the POP-up event in NYC. Awesome gift that Oneplus give to its fans. But i never thought the queue will take that long. I was in about middle of the queue, still have to wait about 2 hours to get in the store for visit.
    I want to point out there are some people that security person state they are SPECIAL and jump the queue and move to the front line!! What kind of policy?!! Why do you tolerant this kind of bad habit??!! Why!! i felt piss at that moment even you give very good gifts to people who bough the Oneplus 3 in the event!!

11. JoniDS
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2016

JoniDS , Jun 16, 2016 :
    London popup store - Rude staff, small venue, horrible preparation and management.

The staff there only realised they should start telling people they wouldn't get one around 9.30pm, most of the people were in the queue for more than 2 hours.
    As a compensation they handed out some codes to redeem a free case, which you can't even apply when you checkout online.
    If you want to create a brand to compete with the big brands, prepare events like them, with staff prepared for these kind of events (the ones at the London place clearly weren't).
    You lost a handfull of customers due to the really poor experience you provided.

jeevanthej and Streeda like this.
  12. aaronahearne
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2016

aaronahearne , Jun 16, 2016 :
    To summarise the London event:
    • I got there at 6:30pm
    • The queue already had a U-bend, the queue was about 1/4 of the way back on itself
    • I asked the guy if they had enough phones, he said "Theres a lot of people, we expected a lot. We have a lot of phones". I asked him how many phones in there and he said "I cant say". Like it was a secret.
    • After ~3.5 hours of waiting in line, they came up to us and about 3 people ahead of me said "We're really sorry but past this point you wont be getting a phone" and started giving out codes for a the free sandstone case when you buy online.
    • People started getting very irate, the guy looked to be getting cornered. The crowd told them to do a count of the stock then a count of the people buying. They did so and the cut off point ended about 12 people behind me.
    • They did about 7 more counts whilst I was there, with the cut off getting further back each time.
    • Since the guy telling us they were going to run out, they went from 4 people on tills, to 1 (possibly rumour, but this would coincide with the time they were supposed to close, so maybe staff went home?). It took as long to do the last 1/4 of the queue as it took to do the previous 3/4.
    • People started slipping up the sides, we had to ask them where they thought they were in the queue, which they always just said "up there somewhere" or "next to him"; we all knew who was in front and behind us and asked them to move back. It got a bit aggressive when some of them refused to move back to their position exclaiming "Im just trying to buy a phone". Security had to get involved.
    • When I finally got in, the guy at the till was chirpy, but very very inefficient. Joking around, chatting, not paying attention. Got all the swag and the device but I was stood holding my card out for a bit whilst the guy was screwing around. I was sort of in a rush to catch the last tube home.
    • Was in an out of the store asap, left the store around 11:45pm.
    Heres some suggestions for OnePlus event managers:
    • Do some simple maths. You know how many phones you have to sell, you know how long you have to sell them. Get enough people through the till each hour to meet this requirement.
    • Possibly hand out numbers to people in the queue who are buying. That way you can keep track of your buyers and your stock.
    • We get it, you want the publicity of the big queue, fair enough. After the first hour tell the people who will and who will not get a phone. Do not wait until people have waited three hours, that is ridiculous. If you want a bigger queue, bring more devices and give yourselves extra time.
    • Possibly have separate areas for people testing the device and people buying, prevent the flow of buyers being blocked by the browsers. If they have a ticket, they are guaranteed a device so they can test all they want and those of us that have watched the reviews know what we are buying.
    • Send a test unit up the first part of the queue with a member of staff so buyers can preview the device before buying, this will also prevent browsers blocking the flow.
    • When we got inside we had to fill out a form with our details on. You can get people to do this in the queue; towards the end this is what was blocking the flow the most.
    Overall I wasn't particularly fussed about the long wait. The long wait without getting the device would have been pretty annoying though. Its fun to meet people in the queue and joke around, the time goes quickly. I appreciated the free case and swag and such, I only expected to get the device. The event wasn't really that great, I just wanted to get in and out, it was definitely far far too small and although I don't mind waiting, it was such unnecessary waiting when I saw how long the guy at the till was taking and how inefficiently the event was handled.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016

13. sommersy
    KitKat Jun 16, 2016

sommersy , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Reading all the negative experiences is making me steadily more disappointed in Oneplus. No-one needs another Apple, or its marketing culture either. sigh.

14. Dilip vanzara
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2016

Dilip vanzara , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Hey wanna take part

15. Dilip vanzara
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2016

16. drvishalanand
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2016

17. hyperguy
    Eclair Jun 16, 2016

hyperguy , Jun 16, 2016 :
    London store, arrived just after 7pm, queued until 10.00 and finally gave up. Got a code for the free case, came home to order online, nowhere to use the code. All that hype only to come home disappointed, though did meet some great people and very loyal OnePlus fans in the queue. Wasn't handled well by the staff there, which is a disappointment for a company as cool as this...definitely hoped for better.

Rang the call centre today to ask how to use the code, they said they hadn't been informed about the code. Yawn. Come on OnePlus, we're loyal fans wanting to spend money, look after us!

18. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 16, 2016

keithnyc , Jun 16, 2016 :
    I hope you stayed to get in the line....we stayed open until every person waiting got in, and everyone who wanted a phone was able to purchase it.

TiramisuNY likes this.
  19. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 16, 2016

keithnyc , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Nater, I hope the posts didn't discourage you...sorry about the issues people encountered re: some of the other venues, but the NYC event went pretty well. Yeah the line was long but there were plenty of phones and swag available for every single person in line, and Magnum was very cool about things....the venue stayed open way past the scheduled time to accomodate all the folks in line (and to be honest, the OP folks kept us in line to make sure we kept the lines moving as fast as possible).

TiramisuNY and NaterTots like this.
  20. NaterTots
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2016

NaterTots , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Oh no worries it wasn't the post that kept me from going. I have a lot of work to do I've been busy and it was still a 2 hour drive at least.

Glad to hear it went well though that's pretty awesome.

And I assume you picked up the phone. :)

keithnyc likes this.