just bought my OnePlus 7 Pro since my OnePlus 1 finally gave out

1. Lily_S_
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2019

Lily_S_ , Jul 5, 2019 :
    Well, as I've stated I haven't gotten a new phone since my OnePlus 1. I just don't like to upgrade unless I really need to.
    Well so far the difference is astronomical. OMG I feel like I've living in prehistoric times due to all these new tech stuff.
    The fast charge is incredible, the speed and speakers are outstanding. I am playing both Pokémon Go and wizards unite and the battery life has been amazing.
    I should have traded my device for a whopping $10 ([e]1f602[/e]) but I'm so attached to my OnePlus 1. But let's hope that this beauty lasts me longer than my OnePlus 1!

2. the_o2
    Marshmallow Jul 5, 2019

Sai KrishnaD, Nick 59 and Lily_S_ like this.
  3. Muhsin_Sultan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 6, 2019

Sai KrishnaD and Lily_S_ like this.
  4. Lily_S_
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2019

Lily_S_ , Jul 6, 2019 :
    It is but I still kept it

Sai KrishnaD likes this.
  5. Muhsin_Sultan

Muhsin_Sultan , Jul 6, 2019 :
    You can probably still use with like a custom ROM. Secondary device for like media consumption or a backup phone

6. Rahstyles
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2019

Rahstyles , Jul 6, 2019 :
    you had the OnePlus 1 for this long? Jesus Christ. I change my phone every 3 to 6 months. I wish I could not be bored so easily with devices like you probably save me thousands.

JRock121 likes this.
  7. Budruel
    KitKat Jul 6, 2019

Budruel , Jul 6, 2019 :
    If you have money to spare, go ahead, spend it on whatever you want, but if you have to do without other things and spend it on the phone because you "get bored" of them, you're an idiot.

Well, you're an idiot anyway, it would be better if you donate that money to charity.

It smells more like you want to brag that you have a lot of money, in that case, you would also be an idiot.

Idiot or no idiot, that's the question ...
    tenor (53).gif

8. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 6, 2019

Lily_S_ likes this.
  9. karthik oneplus

karthik oneplus , Jul 6, 2019 :
    Lol that's the biggest upgrade of all time [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]
    I upgraded from galaxy s3 to oneplus 3t and still using 3t.
    Most of the apps wouldn't have even worked not sure how you managed to use oneplus 1.

Sai KrishnaD likes this.
  10. freakiefidouser
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2019

freakiefidouser , Jul 6, 2019 :
    My wife used to have a OnePlus X and when the screen protector began to peel, she peeled it off. I offered to apply a new one, but she refused. Well she shattered her screen, and a replacement screen was $100 CDN for the screen and another $100 for the labour. So she had been using her OnePlus with a cracked screen for the longest time. Anyway, her workplace has given her a IPhone 7 to use, and she has been adamant in switching back to an IPhone for her personal use. She even wanted to give up her 10 gig plan for something smaller because she doesn't even use that much a month. Anyway, she ended up with an IPhone XS Pro 64 gig from the Apple Store for $1800 because she was frustrated with dealing with the BS from the various providers to get her phone.

I told her to save the OnePlus in case she wrecks or loses the IPhone. I will make an attempt to fix the screen myself.

In relation, I still use a OnePlus One, and have been mocked for it being so old. I was going to wait to see what a OnePlus 8 would be bringing, but I figured that I needed to one up my wife, so I ordered a OnePlus 7 Pro. I'm waiting for its arrival sometime early next week. Not bad for something that is 2/3 the price of he IPhone, at triple the RAM, and double the storage.

Hope you enjoy your phone.

11. Rahstyles
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2019

Be respectful . You keyboard warrior

12. Nick 59
    Lollipop Jul 6, 2019

Nick 59 , Jul 6, 2019 :
    Welcome to the community.
    Delighted that your Oneplus 1 has given such sterling service and why upgrade if current device still 'doing the business'?
    Quite a jump in performance and size though. Your Oneplus 7 must seem huge compared to Oneplus 1 and even Wizards Unite should look good on that screen. Enjoy. :)

13. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 6, 2019

Bobbie63 , Jul 6, 2019 :
    Just shows how easy it is to spend "moms and dads" money. Could add a lot more, but I guess that's of no use.

14. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 6, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Jul 6, 2019 :
    Respect is earned, but you wouldn't know anything about that.

Muhsin_Sultan, Budruel and Bobbie63 like this.
  15. Rahstyles
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2019

blah blah blah.. shut the hell up

lol

16. Budruel
    KitKat Jul 7, 2019

Budruel , Jul 7, 2019 :
    You have a lot of money, but you're miserable.

17. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jul 7, 2019

Muhsin_Sultan and Budruel like this.
  18. freakiefidouser
    Gingerbread Jul 10, 2019

freakiefidouser , Jul 10, 2019 :
    I missed out in grabbing my phone by 15 minutes from DHL. However I just grabbed it today from my supervisor. The funny haha was that my OnePlus One's case as well as the sandstone backing is all cracked and I could not pop out my sim card. Paid $10 for a new sim card and transferred my number. Now I just have to start adding whatever apps that I need.

I ordered a Rhinoshield case, but I will have to wait for a week before it is shipped and who knows how long I will have to wait for it to arrive since I will probably lose the tracking since it happened to me before. I pray that I won't do anything stupid and drop or scratch it when I just got it.

19. tuanv1966
    Froyo Jul 10, 2019

tuanv1966 , Jul 10, 2019 :
    Let's not hijack the OP's post and turn it into a playground fight. I have a co-worker that still has an Iphone 4. She has a huge case around it. It's thick. The screen has smudges all over it. I'm like...you like taking picture of your 3 year old right? You like seeing videos of him goofin around? But why would you want to look through essentially a small screen that barely has any colors? Why not switch to an Iphone X or something. Her response? My phone works just fine. There you go. Sometimes, you have to realize a phone is just that. It's a phone. Granted for some, their phone is their livelihood. Everything's on it. But for others, it's not a big deal to upgrade.

With that said, going from the 1 to the 7pro must be like going from a VHS to a 4K BluRay player.

Lily_S_ and Sai KrishnaD like this.
  20. freebob
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2019

freebob , Jul 12, 2019 :
    I also upgraded from a OnePlus One and kept the One, I could have got $60 to trade-in. The One was a good phone for 4 1/2 years and will make a good backup just in case.