Just bought OP8 pro from eBay wish me luck via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Hooryder
    Froyo May 24, 2020

Hooryder , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 24, 2020 :
    Should arrive on 29th. I don't know the rules about posting links. All phone are international model with uk charging brick although it says it will include the us charging brick as well.

shipping from Texas.

Let's see!!

seller has sold 113 of them

neekr5 likes this.
  2. g_g_timmy
    Cupcake May 24, 2020

g_g_timmy , May 24, 2020 :
    Lmk I'm thinking about getting one from there too. Crazy it's still not available ;(

3. Hooryder
    Froyo May 24, 2020

Hooryder , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 24, 2020 :
    I got blue one from Amazon the official OnePlus store. It was sold out the next day.

I am buying the green one on eBay.

I bought my insurance plan from OnePlus for the first phone it is much cheaper than T mobile insurance. I cancelled that. I will never buy another TMobile branded phone. Compared to the unlocked versions it's just not as good.

🤞🏾

4. Hooryder
    Froyo May 28, 2020

Hooryder , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2020 :
    It came today green 12/256

came with US charging brick in the box. Battery shows no usage!!!!

Verizon sim card works as well.

I am a happy camper

total price was $1,080 same as the blue one I got from OnePlus Amazon store weeks ago.

sellers name is never-msrp on eBay.

also it's is on the old update and no screen issues at all.

fyi now I see two sellers one in Texas where I got mine and one in Miami seem to have plenty of stock of OnePlus 8 pro in all colors

5. D1590717301801
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

D1590717301801 , May 29, 2020 :
    --------
    I to got one from the same seller however text messages would not come in. I could send text but nothing would come in. Internet worked, both in and out. Internet worked fine. Was on support for several hours, nothing. I got the in2020 international version. So I have started a refund process and gonna get the USA version

Edit: Also on Verizon

6. g_g_timmy
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

g_g_timmy , May 29, 2020 :
    So in order to make it work on Verizon you need to contact their support to add a type of "plug-in" or "feature" to your service. To the best of my knowledge it's free I had it done to my service when I had first received the 7pro. (Ofc I had to send it back for personal reasons) But after they add the feature everything works seamlessly with a reboot of the phone. The feature is called "CDMA-LESS DEVICE" and have that added to your service and things will go smoothly from there.

7. D1590717301801
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

D1590717301801 , May 29, 2020 :
    ==========
    I was on chat support with Verizon and I had mentioned that they need to do a enable the "CDMA-LESS DEVICE" and they kept asking for the IMEI number and ICCI number from my sim. All in all, nothing. I am sending back the phone in question and grabbing the in2025 version which is the USA version. Also upon further investigation, the in2020 version is the Chinese version of the phone. Either way, I'll get this sorted out once I get this device shipped back and I'll get the USA version.

8. crshoverride
    Donut May 29, 2020

crshoverride , May 29, 2020 :
    ok confused the ebay seller ad says it doesn't work on Verizon. How and who are you getting the USA version from? Are you sending Oneplus a Chinese version or is the seller on eBay swapping... I never understand why people post but assume we know all the details

9. g_g_timmy
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

g_g_timmy , May 30, 2020 :
    Okay for example. Say you buy directly off of OnePlus website and they sell US versions. Of course it’s a US version because they’re selling to a US market. Now once you received your OnePlus device and use a Verizon SIM card, automatically, it won’t work. You have to ask the frontlines of Verizon support to add a feature called CDMA-LESS feature to your service. What this does is (from what happened to my 7 pro when I had it) they enable 4G LTE for your phone basically unlocking that part of it. If you’re aim is for using a 5G network that, to the best of my knowledge, isn’t a working thing in Verizon for OnePlus 8 Pro. Their version of the OnePlus 8 does however work with 5G but in regards of the 8Pro and 7Pro, you’ll be stuck with 4G LTE which I haven’t ever had any issues with. Now the sellers on eBay in what they’re selling you, I’m afraid you’d just have to be sharp eyed to see all their tiny details and “terms and conditions”. If they do sell a edit US version then you can use it for Verizon through what I just said. If it also doesn’t help in the front lines then you can always ask to have your case elevated. For the person that helped me, they did it within minutes.

10. g_g_timmy
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

g_g_timmy , May 30, 2020 :
    Then you might’ve gotten another version. Sorry for that. Hopefully it works out this time around!

11. D1590717301801
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

D1590717301801 , May 30, 2020 :
    ----
    Definitely had gotten another version but I assumed after reading that Verizon had to whitelist the unlocked version, I assumed all one plus phones that were "listed as unlocked" was that. Sending the phone back soon (all packed up and have shipping label, seller paid for that). Once I get the refund, I'll search around eBay and or a site selling the oneplus 8 Pro in2025 version (us unlocked version) and hopefully no more issues. This is my first experience with OnePlus and hopefully round 2 will be a better experience

12. Hooryder
    Froyo May 30, 2020

Hooryder , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 30, 2020 :
    Verizon works fine. my wife uses dual SIM .

the issue is Verizon not the phone we have the same issue on our 7 pro.

the Verizon sim card (8 pro and 7 pro) can't get text but it can send and place called, data is fine etc.

Our issue is that my wife doesn't want to use the work phone which is an older iphone.

this only started about month and a half ago with the some card issues 7 pro was working fine.

so 7 pro and 8 pro same issues

13. D1590717301801
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

D1590717301801 , May 30, 2020 :
    -------
    Ohhh see I didn't know that. I have never owned a OnePlus product before but when I seen the OnePlus 8 Pro and all its features and it being stock like, it was interested. I mean sure I could go with Samsung but they don't support their phones that long and I still see all OnePlus phones as of late being updated. Done shipped the product, now I wait for my $$$