Just curious if ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THERE 8T? via OnePlus Community App

1. Donald Bergeron , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I first fell in love with the OnePlus 7t. Then I upgraded to the 8. Never had one problem best phones I've ever had and I've been going through phones since 19 92. I really do love this company in these phones but I was just playing a game in my room and it just started smoking and got extremely hot I hurt my hand and I had to run outside and throw outside before the house caught on fire. I'm not posting this to bad mouth or say anything bad about one plus I still love the company but now I'm stuck with the North 100 which is a very different from an 8T. I've been off watering over the new nine and nine pro especially with the night time shots and video. Maybe somebody in customer service can help me out. I don't want to sue for my it was just one degree burns on the hands but that ain't even going maybe 3 months old and that's $800 down the drain. I'm going to stress this again this is a great company they're innovative smart deal with the consumer likes. Only negative thing I would say and it's not even that bad be a leader in industry you need to know what the customer wants before they know what they want.

My sincerest regards to the OnePlus team.
    Donald Bergeron
    XXX -XXXXXXX.

And anybody that's reading this that could help me get back to an actual phone that suits my enthusiastic love for phones and software) it would be greatly appreciated. I am stuck with the Nord and that's fine driving a Maserati for 5 years and then having to drive a pinto.

PS I really do think that nine and the nine fro are your team is fine work so far I'm waiting for the 144 refresh rate and I wish I could get my hands on 888 processor as I can tell it's actually improving the videos pictures makes it more intuitive
    What are took up too much time already good night
    1617603917168.jpg

1617603936028.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2021

2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    That phone really caught fire. :eek:

Don't know when this happened but have yiu contacted OnePlus CS in your country? This should be investigated properly I think.

Also it's not a wise thing to post your phone number on a public forum you might want to edit it

@Adam Krisko, might this be something that should be investigated by someone else than CS maybe?

Edit: must say you stayed pretty cool under these circumstances and still are. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2021

3. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 5, 2021

Adam Krisko , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Hey. Let me forward your info to the cs and other relevant teams. (I removed your phone number as it's P.I.I. that doesn't need to be on here.)

Punk_69, otto2, Starcommander and 4 others like this.
  4. Donald Bergeron , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Believe me I am FULLY aware that posting my number is a pretty crazy move but I NEEDED to shake this up. I'm out A LOT of money and I'm wasn't bad mouthing the company so hopefully no hate calls. But, YES ON FIRE!! WAS just sitting in my 74 degree bedroom playing GOLF CLASH., Not a super heavy graphic game.

Yes, I'm looking for reimbursement. Who wouldn't. Maybe I'll be reimbursed with a replacement 8T or higher or perhaps a tour of the OnePlus facility.. But either way... I'll s trugle with this Nord 100 which... I'm just not used to waiting. I think and work fast. And it's hurting at work on productivity.

NaXal likes this.
  5. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2021

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Holy crap, I've read books that are shorter

Too long, didn't read;

Did you contact customer support already? Seems like a clear case to me

Tokolozi and Aaron2017 like this.
  6. puccellino
    Lollipop Apr 5, 2021

puccellino , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Hello,

Sorry to hear about your phone. I have an 8T, no problems with overheating for me, but I'm not a gamer.

Looks like battery was badly damaged, perhaps the outer coating was scratched and the inside exposed to air. I can't say looking at the pics.

Best not to post your personal details on the forum, Adam is the forum consultant, and will probably get in touch via personal messaging. He's pretty good, so hang in there and hopefully will get it sorted out.

🙂

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021

meatandy and TibiTibi like this.
  7. Donald Bergeron , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I thought it was a interesting story and just wanted to share it. I don't understand people with their negativity things that they don't even need to concern themselves with. I thought it was eloquent good hearted and I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to make a crack about someone's personal loss. But c'est la vie

TheMystic and Sheppards like this.
  8. Donald Bergeron , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Actually I am a reseller. I buy pallets of electronics QVC HSN returns off the shelf. I recently bought I believe it was 48 one plus 7ts.
    Most of them I gave us presents at Christmas so my sold. So I guess I could say I'm a fan of one plus. 7t was my introduction to OnePlus.

10. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I'm not sure what you mean with "people with their negativity things" and I found it an interesting read. Tbh I don't see anyone that posted a negative reply. This indeed should be investigated further to find out what has happened, that was my main reason I replied and tagged Adam Krisko. I do hope you get contacted soon so things can be cleared.

rhyd1am, puccellino and Aaron2017 like this.
  11. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Sometimes it's better to just ignore the way things are said. From his last line I think he agrees on the fact this is something that shouldn't happen.

At least after you posting here, things got picked up pretty fast, I hope the sequel will be equally fast.

BTW, best is to use the reply button if you reply to a post, so he receives a notification.

puccellino, McJader and Aaron2017 like this.
  12. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2021

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 5, 2021 :
    In reply to your post:
    1617614843358.jpg

Hey

I'm not trying to be rude, or anything, I'm just unsure what is the point of the post

Sure it might be an interesting story, but among all that text, I'm not sure what is actually the bottom line...

If your phone caught fire, contact OnePlus (or the place where you bought the phone) and they'll sort it out.

I'm sorry for your loss, but also sorry to say, but: that this is just a phone, and it's clearly a warranty case. If anything I'm glad it didn't happen while it was next to your ear...

Also, while it's commendable that you've been a long time OnePlus customer, but I don't get it what does this have to do with a warranty case..

What I'm really getting at is that - while unfortunate - your phone is dead. BUT this has nothing to do with your feelings, the timespan you've been using electronics or OnePlus phones.

Damages and losses are to be sorted by support, feelings belong on facebook

KluGe, TibiTibi, SoniaB and 5 others like this.
  13. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 6, 2021

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Apr 6, 2021 :

otto2 likes this.
  14. Donald Bergeron , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Well, I guess not EVERY story has to have a point. And, there is s much more to the story. But I figured I already took enough space and precious time from anyone that read it.

Having trouble because I had a very close death in the family and went out of the country to settle affairs. SOOOOO..... I purchased a ppm phone in that country and by the time I was able to get back in the country the the T-Mobile account had gone to collections and so its difficult to plead my case.

I can go on for at least 80 more words if you would like to hear??? Some completely meaningless and some much more important.

15. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 6, 2021

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Apr 6, 2021 :
    We would request you to share your contact details through direct message so we can check this further.

Regards,
    Ghazala

otto2, meatandy and puccellino like this.
  16. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 7, 2021

meatandy , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Did you purchase the phone that caught fire directly from OnePlus ?
    I read that you paid 800 for your device but your post above leaves me wondering what the facts are.

puccellino and GamingDoggo like this.
  17. Ali18
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2021

18. oneplusfav4ever
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2021

19. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 11, 2021

Starcommander , Apr 11, 2021 :
    I was playing Mini golf when temperature of my 8T touched 75°C . I could smell something weird and kept the phone in refrigerator.

I am sure, this is a wide spread issue.

Donald Bergeron likes this.