Just got my shareable invites - Please read instructions inside thread!

1. dariel086
    Froyo Jul 25, 2014

dariel086 , Jul 25, 2014 :
    • I want to try the cyanogenmod with this device.
    • Want a smartphone that csn be my dsily driver and make my life easier
    • I want the One to convince my gf to change from IOS to android.

In the US (Texas), have the money and won't sell the invite.

2. ed1plus1
    Eclair Jul 25, 2014

ed1plus1 , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I'm in NYC. I still have a Samsung Galaxy 2. I had it for 3 yrs which it served its' purpose. Now it just keeps resetting and freezes on me. The battery life on it last only 3 hours. I see 1plus1 as a solid built phone to serve me for a good amount of years.

3. alirizvi
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2014

4. kyy
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

kyy , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Hello rs1,

while I'm not from the US but from germany I would still like to state my reasons for getting the OPO.

First and foremost I will mention that my current phone does not even show colors and this was sufficient for my daily use. Lately, however that has changed with the advent of many Apps and features that appeared in modern smartphones. Therefore I started to look around for a smartphone, but not just any smartphone. It has to be THE smartphone. After reading tests after tests, reviews after reviews I finally decided that the OPO is the smartphone to go for the following reasons:

1. Price - While I'm not poor, I still don't wish to pay twice the amount for a phone which is about as good as the OPO.
    2. Design - I really like the simple design of the OPO. I also think both versions have interesting covers.
    3. CyanogenMod - Due to my interests in programming.
    4. I don't wish to support the big companies and would rather take a less known competitor in order to force big companies to develop further, although that may be just a misconception on my part.

Yours sincerely,
    kyy

5. gongtowjai
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

gongtowjai , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I have a S3 and my contract is up. I'm about to move to a no-contract scenario. This is one of the best no-contract high end phones with a great user interface OS in the market right now. No one beats it in terms of pricing.

6. ROUNDMARIO
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2014

ROUNDMARIO , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I need an invite because, my phone is years old, and it's cracked. It's pretty bad, so I found this one when I was looking for a better phone. Not too expensive and great specs.
    Even if I don't get it. Hey great job sharing the invites. :)

7. gideonb
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2014

gideonb , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Hey!
    I've been envying this phone for some time and having been debating whether or not I'd like to get this or the OPPO find 7. I made the final decision to choose the One Plus One because of its beautiful build quality (64 GB particularly), flagship specs and admirable price point. I've been needing a new phone, and a quality one, for both work and play and the One Plus One nails every bullet.
    Thanks for your effort to be fair, if I get chosen, I'll definitely carry out this same method you're employing!
    All the best!

8. Machinade
    Donut Jul 25, 2014

Machinade , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I had an iPhone on my AT&T plan with unlimited data (they still had it at the time) and I got grandfathered into keeping it. Then they throttled it and then they threatened to take it away. So I left and I sold my iPhone to Sprint and got an HTC EVO 4G LTE and while I loved the phone, there was almost no LTE coverage in the US under Sprint at the time and their 3G service sucks, so I went back to AT&T with my dad's iPhone, which he gave to me. I honestly miss Android A LOT...the iPhone doesn't do the things I want it to do and it screws up if I jailbreak it (plus jailbreaking is lame - especially on the 4S). I know for a fact that I both have the money to buy this phone and that this is my next phone, regardless if you invite me or not, but that would be cool and appreciated. Thank you very much for your straightforwardness.

BTW: I live in the US, in Upstate New York - Schenectady actually.

9. mylesofsmiles
    Eclair Jul 25, 2014

mylesofsmiles , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I fit all the criteria. Not only that, I really would like this phone for its large battery and screen. My Nexus 5 is simply too small and runs out of juice too quickly to conduct my regular business activities. Reading PDFs and emails is certainly doable, just not ideal!

10. yoot123
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2014

yoot123 , Jul 25, 2014 :
    the screen on my current phone is too small .would like to try a larger device without breaking the bank.
    thanks

11. kamrul
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

kamrul , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Me plz

12. Duonger
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

Duonger , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Thanks for sharing. US, CA.... Looking to switch out of my current SII to the OPO. I have cracked screen from putting my phone in my backpack at airport and someone put their luggage on top of my phone. Emails and texts are hard to read. Phone calls still function but digits are also hard to read. Thanks again for the consideration.

13. tbrosnan
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2014

tbrosnan , Jul 25, 2014 :
    My last phone crapped out and LG wouldn't fix it. I want to move to a smaller higher quality business and share the results with all of my friends! Also, I'm a system administrator, and today (7/25) is national sysadmin day!

14. AardeOne
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2014

15. alohaeveryone
    Froyo Jul 25, 2014

alohaeveryone , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I am a Cyanogenmod user and I have been using Nexus 3 and Xperia Z Ultra google play edition. and the Xperia screen just crack and I want to get the OnePlus since I believe I can always get the M release when cyanogenmod is ready.

16. lewikster
    Froyo Jul 25, 2014

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014

17. kilburnjh
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

kilburnjh , Jul 25, 2014 :
    USA; check!
    Available cash; check!
    Intent to sell invite; negative!
    Reasons I would love a 1+1:
    The specs. It's the best flagship phone on the market - hands down.
    The battery. Recently determined to have "excellent" battery life when compared to other flagship smartphones.
    The design. Slick!! Duh!
    The price. $349 for 64 GB smartphone...what?!?
    The One is awesome. Period.

18. Ashur
    Froyo Jul 25, 2014

Ashur , Jul 25, 2014 :
    hello, i m a student in France, i came to this country right after high school.I have enough money to buy this phone and if i can get the invite i will buy the phone in a heartbeat.
    As for why i want this phone.While it come to the time for me to change a phone cause i been using my old nokia for 3 years and that phone dont really work now, it become really difficult for me since i dont have a proper phone.
    As for why this particular device, i always followed the news about OPO,i watched MKBHD's video.And frankly i was really impressed,how much this phone offer with not so high a price.Not to mention that is absolutely beautiful, the design and everything, they really pay attention to how to make ppl like this phone.If i can get it,this phone would totally help me a lot.
    So that's it, that is why i like so much about this phone.
    P.S, is very nice of u for doing this, i can see ur sharing spirit:)

19. avineets87
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2014

avineets87 , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Yes
    , I have Money.
    Yes, I am going to use it.

My present phone 3 year old is samsung S2 running on CyanogenMod 11.

Looking for a phone to replace my current but not able to find one for about an year n a half. I did not like Samsung s5 much because of there low build quality. IOS is not customizable though build is good.

Only good options I see are HTC One M8 and Sony Xperia Z2. HTC is not developer friendly plus dont like the fact that speakers and HTC logo eat lot of real estate on the phone (less screen size) and 2 GB Ram only.
    Sony Xperia Z2 is not coming to US and amazon its very expensive.

One Plus One has the best specs (3GB Ram, 801 etc .. we all know), budget friendly and cyanogen out of the box.
    I can do customization without breaking bank and try to develop new stuff without being afraid of anything.

Thats why I want this phone.

-Avineet

20. apurvaas
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

apurvaas , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Ans to Rule no 1: I am from US (Agreed with your argument)
    Ans to Rule no 2: I manage my finances well
    Ans to Rule no 3: Resellers (not retailers) suck

Why do I need OPO:
    I do not want this phone for me. I am buying this phone for my wife for her b'day. She is learning to develop android apps (she did her bachelors in CS and moved to finance later on but she wants to be an app developer while she is raising the kid and working from home part time). She currently has Note 2 which lags a lot.
    I want to gift her the phone which has top of the line specs, awesome screen, similar size to what she currently uses and one of the hottest product for android enthusiasts! She will be thrilled if i give her this phone and I will be thrilled seeing her happy!