Just how far would you go to win a OP2..

1. shawnpuerto
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2015

shawnpuerto , Aug 3, 2015 :
    I would climb the highest mountain; I would swim the deepest ocean, I would walk the longest walk... eat the biggest meal.... for this phone?

2. WA_Bob
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2015

WA_Bob , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Eh, excuse me while I sit here patiently by my computer waiting for my invite.

sfomin and Ian_P like this.
  3. Ian_P
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2015

Ian_P , Aug 3, 2015 :
    So your philosophy is screw the little guy.

Nice. It's good to know what your ethics are when you come to work your way up the working ladder.

Onyx11, sfomin and JHong like this.
  4. JHong
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2015

JHong , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Bigger dog? So by cheating you call it a win? You must cheat a lot in your life to think this way.

Onyx11 likes this.
  5. JHong
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2015

6. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 3, 2015

Ian_P and JHong like this.
  7. sfomin
    Nougat Aug 3, 2015

sfomin , Aug 3, 2015 :
    :rolleyes: There is always a little guy that gets screwed, no matter what your philosophy is.
    They are working for votes. They had to make that website to increase number of votes. I guess they are working for it harder than you are and thats why they are ahead:) I will vote for you anyways.

8. JHong
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2015

JHong , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Thank you for your vote. Anyway, it isn't hard at all to set up a votebot to quickly pull in lots of artificial votes. I can actually do that to myself anytime i want, but no, that's not how i roll.

Talk about work hard, i don't have to prove to anybody about how hard i work. My entry video speaks for itself.

sfomin likes this.
  9. Ian_P
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2015

Ian_P , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Aye, I agree, you need to 'work' for votes, thats part of the point though I guess, as to what constitutes working, because these people are effectively buying votes.

sfomin likes this.
  10. rikardo1979
    Community Veteran Aug 3, 2015

rikardo1979 , Aug 3, 2015 :
    what about job? that is fine too ? ;)

11. mrhappysad
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2015

mrhappysad , Aug 3, 2015 :
    When I first read the OP promotional email, I was in a bit of shock. To them, it's probably all fun and games to hype up the release, but I think it's a bit much to ask. Literally fans would need to jump through hoops to even be considered for an invite. IMO I don't think this is fair. It could be fun and challenging for a few, but not for the masses. The bottom line, it's just a phone. I'm still considering the Moto X and the upcoming Nexus. Plenty of time.

JHong likes this.
  12. _XVII_
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2015

mukun likes this.
  13. tasbaq
    Froyo Aug 3, 2015

tasbaq , Aug 3, 2015 :
    I ain't gong for contest, ain't beg invite. I know if I want something badly I will get.

14. mukun
    Froyo Aug 4, 2015

mukun , Aug 4, 2015 :
    coz i'll be doing that for OP3.

15. bramzee
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2015

16. pedrojimenez66
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2015

17. Joey_all_the_way
    Eclair Aug 4, 2015

Joey_all_the_way , Aug 4, 2015 :
    Completely agree

18. SayMyName
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2015

SayMyName , Aug 4, 2015 :
    As long as it prevents people from doing dumb things it's alright :D.

19. Ian_P
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2015

Ian_P , Aug 4, 2015 :
    So, I decided to collate the others (as well as those in my first post) here as a reference point given the other 'rigging' thread seems to have died a little, primarily as it should be kept in the forefront of OP's mind that this contest is going nowhere fast and people are cheating to achieve the goal of getting free phone. I also don't doubt many others are doing this, but it's just case of catching them in the act. Its just a shame this is being allowed to happen.

This isn't a OP problem per se, although its been caused by the approach, but it is up to the community to speak up and flag such things that look suspicious to OP so they can take action, given its' us as paying members and more so for those than have original work and have submitted entries are affected:

OP are actively investigating this, and I firmly believe that the votes should now not be used to select the winners.

This is stopping REAL genuine people from being rewarded for EFFORT.

The Current Top 6 Entries @ 04/08 09:47 GMT

[​IMG]

Entry 1:
    Mr., Chan Yu Wai. Not his original work. Stolen from publicly available pictures from "The Umbrella Movement". You will notice he's put several red dots in the below picture as an example. The video shot of the same can be seen at time stamp 0:50. All of the other pictures are non-original and have simply been added to a slideshow. None of the phones in the pictures are also a OPO. I would also question the near 20k votes.
    [​IMG]

Entry 2:
    Seriously, 19,000 votes for writing 'Never Settle' on the side of an in game car? Highly suspicious if you ask me.

Entry 3:
    Belinda Sharma (see below). I wonder, how did Ms. Sharma achieve almost 18k votes in less than a few days. Any relation to Mr. Sharma? Maybe because Prashant was found out he decided to put in his 'backup plan'. Another 'In Game' car entry, are you frikken serious?

Entry 5:
    Mr Prashant Sharma, stolen original work from a video uploaded in 2008, it is NOT him playing the guitar and neither does he own the rights to it:
    [​IMG]

The Current Top 6-12 Entries @ 04/08 09:47 GMT
    [​IMG]
    Entry 8:
    Mr. Sajal Agarwal. He's already had one entry removed because it wasn't original content and was boosting votes, yet miraculously a second appears yesterday with more than 10,000 votes (all in a day or so???). We already know he's buying/using other sites to bump his votes, so why wasn't he banned/removed from being able to enter after his first indiscretion?
    [​IMG]

Entry 11:
    Mr. Pim De Ruijter. So whilst I have some sympathy and forgiveness here, and can see its a case of 'Well everyone else is doing it', I can't help think that two wrongs don't make a right.
    [​IMG]

And the list goes on and on.

@Cat H
    @BrettPlusOne
    @Mike

@JHong

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015

20. carlosfilippsen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2015

carlosfilippsen , Aug 4, 2015 :
    One the many reasons the invite system and these contests are embarrassing. Sell the phone to people who want to buy it without all this fuss! I'm glad I'm moving away to the Moto X Style when it launches.

remedy and SzoleTM like this.