Just My Journey With One+me

1. yungchuong
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2014

yungchuong , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Hello.

For those who has been following my rather interesting journey on trying to get my hands on the OnePlus One.

Joined the forum on 9th May after the oneplus was announced. Pretty much actively on the forum with Viann Zhang avatar. I know haters will hate....but hey! dont hate the player :rolleyes:

Got an invite by winning Race 500 on 5th day with the the following entry. while everyone was bitching about privacy, I just crack on with it.

"Hahahaha my entry"
    I know others and oneplus will frown, but hey, just went with it.

16th June
    Got the invite notification email on 16th June and then invitation to buy on 25th June Ordered the 64GB, screen protector and Express delivery.

shipment pending for ever! out goes a few moaning emails to OneOplus. and finally processing happened on 30th!

Monday 1st July
    got the high five email and then 2 DHL delivery notes!! yes! jackpot! but then an email from Oneplus stating charger is being delivered separately. awwwe.

Wednesday 2nd
    I was tracking the DHL shipments like a hawk but then noticed that they were turning around!

[​IMG]

Got off the phone with DHL and found that both parcels were being returned to OPO. following a few emails to support I found that they have actually did sent out 2 devices and retracted both when they discovered the error. they instructed DHL to return one but it appears either DHL made a mistake or OPO did. this remains unknown.

more emails to support to try to convince them that both devices were going back to warehouse. The charger was actually coming from Germany by DE-POST because they ran out in the UK.

Thursday 3rd
    tons more emails to support trying to tell them I didn't received the devices

Friday 4th.

By the morning they must have received the returned devices and acknowledge the problem. They arranged the delivery of another phone to be sent. but it wasn't going to be collected end of the day. DHL doesn't do weekend delivery unless it paid extra.....

Monday!
    DHL delivered and finally got the mitt on the device

Anyhow. let the un-boxing begin....

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014

2. yungchuong
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2014

yungchuong , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Charger and screen protector
    [​IMG]

Protector slightly bent
    [​IMG]

main box
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yellow Tint? yes its there but ever so slight. I compared it with my out going Moto G and I also noticed it on my Moto G now! grrr

3. yungchuong
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2014

doctorwhovian likes this.
  4. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Jul 7, 2014

ogriff likes this.
  5. armmani2001
    KitKat Jul 7, 2014

6. herbmks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2014

7. omgmuffin
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2014

8. milkdude
    KitKat Jul 7, 2014

milkdude , Jul 7, 2014 :
    long road to the new device, sounds like a title of a book. enjoy your phone.

9. Christendom
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2014

10. Deactivated User
    Jul 7, 2014

wafa92 and zygi10s like this.
  11. lutti
    KitKat Jul 7, 2014

lutti , Jul 7, 2014 :
    I don't think there was one realy creative or good video on that day5 race. I wish i were bold enough to enter with something like that. I thought they wanted something ...well better. Anyway grats for the phone.

12. zygi10s

13. K.P. Smith

K.P. Smith , Jul 7, 2014 :
    You should go back and edit that post to simply remove the two times you said "don't hate the player". There's no acceptable reason for someone who was not the star of a mid-90s sitcom to say that twice in a lifetime and you manage to squeeze it into a single post two times lol

bluejellyfish and blalasaadri like this.
  14. Martin Sng
    Froyo Jul 7, 2014

15. memodena1
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2014

memodena1 , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Can I have an invite? I've been waiting for a while and my iPhone is starting to get bad.

16. lestergoh

perth1950 likes this.
  17. zygi10s

zygi10s , Jul 7, 2014 :
    waiting for a while :D Join yesterday

lampis_g, VootFr and bluejellyfish like this.
  18. thomasromagnoli

thomasromagnoli , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Wow congrats for you! :)

19. johnvsd
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2014

johnvsd , Jul 7, 2014 :
    You got the phone. It is good for you, but you make no point here. it is a useless thread. Just show off your phone

20. Esthz25
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2014

Esthz25 , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Hey Lutti - I would have loved to see a video featuring the Underground and Zombies. I am sure they would have selected that one.