Just recieved YOG4PAS3JL OTA

1. paulbonard
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2015

paulbonard , Nov 6, 2015 :
    Ok, so for the past 3h, my phone has been working perfectly with this update, wifi has stayed on when the screen is off....hopefully this is the update Ive been waiting for, for the past several months! Im happy right now. Hopefully it stays this way.

lionelres likes this.
  2. jimmyst
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2015

jimmyst , Nov 6, 2015 :
    If you are asking for only educational reasons, I cannot give you the complete answer but in general if you think logically the incremental update is incrementally, partially modifying your current system. It needs to start from known point in order to bring your system to the new point after the update. If your system is rooted, have different recovery, etc. it is at unknown point for CM, so they do not know if the partial update will work correctly or not. In other words tehy protect you by not allowing you to update.

On other hand the full (not incremental) update works just fine. I personally updated using the full update with TWRP. It works just fine with zero issues.

3. Deactivated User
    Nov 6, 2015

4. ramcon12
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2015

ramcon12 , Nov 6, 2015 :
    Yeah I know about the incremental so to flash it with twrp I always download the full signed zip, but I was reading some posts about having to upgrade CM Recovery, flash the full zip or OTA with the incremental, and then flash twrp again. Then a few minutes later I found about a signed zip for twrp, so I was wondering whats with this specifc update that could not be flashed right away through twrp, anyways thanks for you answer ;)

5. lionelres
    Eclair Nov 6, 2015

lionelres , Nov 6, 2015 :
    Just installed it, seems to be working OK.
    I will update about battery.
    Touch is ok
    Bug seems to be fixed

6. Carlosfer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2015

Carlosfer , Nov 6, 2015 :
    That was a bug? I didn´t like it, but I thought it was google´s fault. I had just updated the google app when I noticed.

7. ayansahalive
    Donut Nov 6, 2015

ayansahalive , Nov 6, 2015 :
    Guys with stock CyanogenOS which is not unlocked and not rooted can use CyanogenUpdateTracker
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arjanvlek.cyngnotainfo to download the incremental updates as soon as they are released instead of waiting for OTA to hit their devices. Enable "Advanced Reboot" from "Developer Options". Reboot the phone into "Recovery" and choose /0 and browse to the "Downloads" folder and select the zip file to install the update. Its just that simple.

8. kyakingwizz
    Eclair Nov 7, 2015

9. Erzengel
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2015

Erzengel , Nov 7, 2015 :
    I can confirm that the WiFi issue is solved. I installed a logger two nights ago to test if the update will work. I updated last night and the uninterrupted blue bar shows that it stays connected to my home network after the update.

Attached Files:

10. Spannaa
    KitKat Nov 7, 2015

Spannaa , Nov 7, 2015 :
    Dont panic - It's just an icon that's been changed!

Deactivated User likes this.
  11. Enorges
    Donut Nov 7, 2015

Enorges , Nov 7, 2015 :
    will this: cm-12.1-YOG4PAS3JL-bacon-signed.zip work with a rooted phone?
    and if so what are the steps to take to install and still be rooted
    tia

12. Spannaa
    KitKat Nov 7, 2015

Spannaa , Nov 7, 2015 :
    Yes.

Boot into TWRP, flash the zip, flash the SuperSU zip, reboot. Done.

13. julianpe
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2015

julianpe , Nov 7, 2015 :
    After that update, I was forced to update my google password.
    Did anyone get the massage too?

14. Enorges
    Donut Nov 7, 2015

Enorges , Nov 7, 2015 :
    thanks a lot for the fast reply

15. ironm
    Eclair Nov 7, 2015

ironm , Nov 7, 2015 :
    Use this if you are routed and have TWRP (it's the full update!!!):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/rom-cyanogen-os-12-1-t3186593

Reboot in recovery, wipe dalvik cache and cache, install zip, whipe cache and davlik again, reboot in recovery, re-flash supersu and you are good to go. I just did it and works ok.

deviantartjr likes this.
  16. lpedreros
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2015

17. Spannaa
    KitKat Nov 7, 2015

18. peteski79
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2015

peteski79 , Nov 7, 2015 :
    my wifi will no longer turn on or connect after the update. it's all Screenshot_2015-11-08-08-07-26.png stock. the wifi button is unresponsive. ota update. any help? thanks.

Edit : cleaning cache and multiple restarts later it's back on but setting it to 5ghz only turns it all off again so it must be left on auto select.... better than no wifi though.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015

19. pacomino
    Donut Nov 7, 2015

pacomino , Nov 7, 2015 :
    does anyone have issues with GIFs not working in the photo gallery with the latest OTA?
    mine show up as previews but when opened they show a full-screen grey question mark.
    please help!

20. ironm
    Eclair Nov 8, 2015

ironm , Nov 8, 2015 :
    For me no. It keeps disconnecting but after a longer period of time than before...but still annoying :(