[Just To Say ~ TL;DR] About The Complains For The Oxygen OS Delay About OnePlus

1. Aitana
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

gaster likes this.
  2. dizzle16
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2015

dizzle16 , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Everyone has an opinion. People have a right to feel how they want. Unless you paid your money for their phone, it's their right. I hope people don't use this as a reason to gon their high horse and tell others how they should think or feel

gaster likes this.
  3. sh3llshock
    KitKat Mar 27, 2015

sh3llshock , Mar 27, 2015 :
    lol

nxll and Deactivated User like this.
  4. itfsos
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

itfsos , Mar 27, 2015 :
    I wrote almost the same things in the official topic about the delay..I can understand someone can be a little bit disappointed..but the huge amount of hate appeared in this forum today...I really can't understand it.

gaster and DanDuke641 like this.
  5. 215shuang
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

215shuang , Mar 27, 2015 :
    People are angry because obviously every deadline was broken. Date gets postponed over and over and over again. This is basically where everyone's done expecting anything from oneplus anymore. Its like the boy who cried wolf. People are tired of hearing the same thing from oneplus again and again. It's been way too much thats why they actually offered 5 winners.

Chriss29, hurst_olds and okay_bye like this.
  6. mvmsaikrishna
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2015

mvmsaikrishna , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Yeah, it's great!

7. xzit
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2015

xzit , Mar 27, 2015 :
    i'm not a big writter on forum...and also in english :( ... But i think, when you buy something from a fresh et young compagny, you can't think they gonna have all you want in the same minute you want. I don't want to reduce the size and all the effort and your work for OnePlus. From my point of view, and maybe i'm wrong, i don't want to rush someone who want to cell the Best for the buck Cellphone at low price in a new electronic compagny, I'm proud to have a 1+1 fully fonctional and i don't give a F%$K about the addon and they gonna be a surprise when they gonna be avalaible. Good Day !

iusethemouse and gringoboy like this.
  8. gringoboy
    Lollipop Mar 27, 2015

gringoboy , Mar 27, 2015 :
    I think they did. That's why they said 5 phones, because it was possible. As soon as I read it, I thought there was a good chance they'd miss it. They were preparing the ground for it by offering up compensation. Not a big deal to me.

Jael Pendragon likes this.
  9. LostPorcupine
    KitKat Mar 27, 2015

LostPorcupine , Mar 27, 2015 :
    First off, I agree with this.

I feel like OnePlus has made mistakes that more came down to failure to anticipate, and I don't believe they've been intentionally deceitful or crappy to us. I've responded as such a few times, myself.

I would like to point out this line here, though
    You might win more people over on this if you don't pin the thread. I respect (most) of the Mods and long standing people here (Even @Wrighty, whom will hopefully show his face again one day), yourself included. But using this power makes it feel far too "official" and I think takes away the genuineness from your post. Just my thoughts here.

Archnibbler and poodster like this.
  10. mactoni
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2015

11. manurd350
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

manurd350 , Mar 27, 2015 :
    I agree, and I don't understand what the fuss about. Even Moto X has not got lollipop yet and it was advertised that it will get "next update" before any other.
    Current ROM is stable, working smoothly. All application are supported, what's not working for which people are angry about, is beyond me.
    May be they'd be happy after getting an unfinished ROM, with a zillion bugs.

12. [email protected]
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2015

gaster likes this.
  13. poodster
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2015

poodster , Mar 27, 2015 :
    They implied it was, they didn't quite say that it may be delayed. To me it's not a big deal either. It's just something I would like to see oneplus do to improve their company.

14. kapilpingolia
    Donut Mar 27, 2015

kapilpingolia , Mar 27, 2015 :
    I think you will go with CM as you were working on Oxygen OS due to India for Micromax case. But as in twitter Carl replied one of the query that CM12s will available for Indian users as well via OTA.

Therefore, they are get it late deliberately so that the users move to CM12s and not on Oxygen OS.

Sorry for weak English writing.

15. LostPorcupine
    KitKat Mar 27, 2015

Really, there's probably more fuss from other phones. The thing is, there's a more active community here and actual interaction from OnePlus. For all of us on here, everything that happens (good or bad) is going to feel amplified greatly.

16. GigabitEthernet
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2015

17. gaster
    Moderator Moderator Mar 27, 2015

gaster , Mar 27, 2015 :
    I don't need to win more people. For what? To act the good guy? This is what i really judge as funny to the people that they are doing it with that purpose. Also you just speaking with a overall meaning and you don't know me as person.

From the first day here always i say things straight if you ever saw my posts. Of course you have the right to believe what do you want but that not means that you have right too about someone cause anyone here is different my friend ;)

18. oneplusdoc
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2015

oneplusdoc , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Armatures (opo) are learning.... Their first attempt at ROM ..... Fail to realise important steps that is involved in releasing a ROM...

OPO is great in making phone but not that great when come to ROM.....

OPO cannot and will never able to emulate "Apple" - A company great at both the tasks....Hardware and OS

19. LostPorcupine
    KitKat Mar 27, 2015

I think maybe you took me wrong. I won't presume to know you, but I haven't seen you ever take advantage of your Mod post or troll/start issues. I don't believe for a moment that you're trying to win people over, or pin this to make it more prominent; I'm quite sure you're just trying to voice your opinion as many others have, and (judging by the post) trying to help calm things down and get people to relax a bit. I believe you're genuine on what you say here, and I agree with what you say in this case.
    I just think that many people who come in and see this pinned and contrary to their opinion may just see this as OnePlus trying to quiet the community down, nothing more. I don't mean to criticize you on this, because I don't think you're wrong. I just meant to make an observation.

tldr; Sorry =) No offense intended.

gaster and Jael Pendragon like this.
  20. Darz
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

Darz , Mar 27, 2015 :
    The words are appreciated.

But the feeling that left Carl and David Reddit yesterday was very cold. There was someone who asked if they would at least show some of the new OS and they said they had no reason to show anything. WHAT? WHY?

Other companies shared beta versions (OPPO), versions that thanks to the REAL COMMUNICATION between users and developers like in their forums, become more and more complete and ideal for users operating system.

This does not exist in OnePlus, ok, we must forget Cyanogen right now, is another company that not depends from OnePlus. Focus on Oxygen, if it will be the future for the ONE and for the new mobile, should take better care of these details. Is not easy release an estable rom version, ok. But if is supposed to be better Flagship, OnePlus must be quickly, other companies are launching updates for previous versions of Android 5. Some of there are updating to Android 5.1...

If this message does something, even if Oxygen is further, take care of details like an even closer communication. Show more of what they are doing and so achieve a perfect feedback.

Perhaps more than specific dates or be the first to update, we need to see that we heard and we can see what is coming.

Regards!

LostPorcupine likes this.