KEEP CALM AND GET YOUR ONEPLUS 3 BID ON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bidisha91
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

bidisha91 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    auction-forum.png

A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst, and it sparks extraordinary results. That was how OnePlus was born and propelled by our community; we have brought across a sea of change in the smartphone world. But one thing always remained with us - our love for the community in whichever part of the world we are set up in.

India, both as a market and a country have embraced us warmly ever since we setup our organisation in December of 2013. We’ve seen the warmth and hospitality of the fans we meet in whichever part of the country we’ve travelled to. Our nation has shaped our minds, anchored our identities, influenced our beliefs, and made us who we are.... India matters to us all, and we would like to matter to India.

Over the past year, we’ve been overwhelmed by what the OnePlus community can do. You’ve all heard the story before -- we as a startup had no marketing budget, expected to sell 30K phones to keep the doors open, and with the help of the community we were propelled to unimaginable heights. If the community can do something this amazing, what else is possible? With the impending launch of our next flagship smartphone, the OnePlus 3, we would like to do something worthwhile in giving back to the community and our country as a whole and to do so; we are tying up with Droom, India's first and largest online marketplace to hold a first-of-its-kind smartphone auction.

Here’s the deal: the first five OnePlus 3 devices sold in India will be auctioned off on the Droom platform with all proceeds going to charity. What’s more, the community will decide which charity the proceeds go to since we firmly believe that transparency empowers people with the information they need to make an informed decision, be accountable and improve people’s lives all at the same time. Furthermore, this initiative will provide a greater demonstration of the social impact donations, resulting in a successful campaign. To facilitate this campaign, your vote on the forums count which will assist us in deciding a charitable organisation for donation (which we’ll let you know shortly).

The flow of the charity is as follows:

• Bidders need to head over to the Droom website to participate in the auction
    • Registration is mandatory for eligibility as bidders will need to login to the portal
    • Zero participation fees
    • Bidding will commence from 1 Rupee with no cap on the final amount
    • Every bid increases the price of the OnePlus 3 smartphone by Rupees 5
    • Auction goes live from June 9th, 4 PM to June 12th, 3:59:59 PM
    • A live leaderboard will be provided to showcase the top 10 Bids in real time
    • The Top 5 Bidders at the end will be sent a link to purchase the same
    • The phones will be delivered right after the global launch on June 14th

nilrb, akasahoo1981, sadam_v and 13 others like this.
  2. prateeshrk
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Jun 9, 2016

iamlucky likes this.
  3. mithilmja
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

mithilmja , Jun 9, 2016 :
    It was bidding for the Invite's last time ;) partnered with Unicef.
    Good move :cool::)

iamlucky likes this.
  4. Saiprasadsunny
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

iamlucky likes this.
  5. pratikg88
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

pratikg88 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Hi @bidisha91,

I am one of 700 lucky winners of VR Loop. As Launch date is coming closer, I still have no idea / communication from your end about VR Loop dispatch status.

Can you please help me understand, when will I get my VR Loop? Is it dispatched?

Please reply back. Thanks.

#NeverSettle

kvp@1+ and iamlucky like this.
  6. TheJoker2795
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

7. samarth_jain0410
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

8. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Jun 9, 2016

john3293 likes this.
  9. ryan.mendonca27
    Donut Jun 9, 2016

10. drrishabh
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

drrishabh , Jun 9, 2016 :
    hmmmm looks like we might have to pay a bit extra. better then those fake sellers on ebay :p

john3293 likes this.
  11. akashtaker001
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

akashtaker001 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    But which handset are we bidding for? Since every source is pointing out that OnePlus 3 will launch in multiple configurations like 4GB & 6GB of RAM plus 32GB & 64GB storage. Although I am hoping for a 128GB variant or an SD card.

john3293 likes this.
  12. Snehdeep Bhalerao
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

13. bidisha91
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2016

bidisha91 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    The Loop VRs have been dispatched. They shall reach you soon.

14. rishikesh88
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

rishikesh88 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    You sure no communication was received from Amazon?
    Even I am the winner and Amazon had dispatched the VR Headset the same day i.e 7th June. I have got a message today that it will be delivered today.

Saiprasadsunny and john3293 like this.
  15. jai patel
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016

16. iamlucky
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

17. john3293
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2016

18. john3293
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2016

john3293 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    It can't be.
    In my opinion, it would be Rs. 21,998 for 4GB/32GB version. The 3K extra for others.. (Like 4GB/64GB- Rs. 24,998.. 6GB/32GB- Rs. 27,998)

19. jai patel
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

20. EldoJacob
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

EldoJacob , Jun 9, 2016 :
    It's gonna be so cool to be one of the first few to get hands on OnePlus 3 :)