[KERNEL] [blu_spark r107] [OOS 5.* / 8.1 custom ROMs]

1. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Aug 17, 2017

eng.stk, Aug 17, 2017 :
    [​IMG]

Kernel features:
    • Powered by Ubuntu 16.04.3 x86_64 (sparky VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks [MENTION=5870543]ChristianLetti[/MENTION])
    • Build with custom toolchain blu_naro-7.2 (cortex-a73.cortex-a53 targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 7.2-2018.01)
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP5 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly - Nougat only)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes
    • Several CPU Governors (blu_active modded own governor by default - fastlane mode available!)
    • No OC, use 100HZ base timer frequency
    • msm_performance input boost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers FIOPS and ZEN v2 is default, tweaked and upstreamed filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • Removed verify and forced encryption (ext4 is still forced file based encryption - FBE), patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
    • Stock thermal driver by default (custom tunables available for ROMs with no thermal daemon)
    • Disabled hotplug, also on low battery levels (CTL and BCL)
    • Optimized crypto routines
    • Swap and adaptive LMK off by default, 60 apps on background by default
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel an FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (goes to idle @ 180MHz)
    • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
    • DASH charge and USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • Battery/Notification LED control
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • zx2c4's wireguard support
    • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
    • init.d support (put your scripts in /system/su.d or /su.su.d [systemless SuperSU], /magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d [Magisk])
    • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP & RECOVERY (No mirrors please)

Warning: If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems.
    Reflash ROM -> if you want root flash SuperSU or Magisk (default, no plugins/modules) -> flash blu_spark.
    If you are already rooted or upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.

About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including OOS based ones) or Open Betas you're on your own. I'm only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
    Save the SOT and battery stats/screenshots for general threads, here we deal with development, not personal tastes and results.
    Also don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" , no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs, Recovery/TWRP troubleshoots and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem (systemless in case of Nougat). Oreo builds touch system partition.
    You can backup your boot & system (Oreo) with TWRP before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

[​IMG]
    If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
    Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free ;)

Source

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018

2. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Aug 17, 2017

Funk Wizard, Aug 17, 2017 :
    Thanks buddy for sharing your work with the community. I love the kernel + TWRP combo :)
    Keep up the good work ;)

agoinfly and eng.stk like this.
  3. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Aug 18, 2017

eng.stk, Aug 18, 2017 :
    For sure my friend! Let's get the party started @Adam Krisko :)

4. sator62 Froyo Aug 18, 2017

eng.stk likes this.
  5. JulienDeudon Eclair Aug 18, 2017

eng.stk likes this.
  6. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Aug 18, 2017

eng.stk, Aug 18, 2017 :
    Yeah!
    When they sent me the OP5 developer unit I didn't had an account for this forum. Now I do and I'll be posting here also for the OnePlus community :)

7. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Aug 19, 2017

eng.stk, Aug 19, 2017 :
    blu_spark r17

All right crew!

New build is up. Wicked!

You now have a build for custom ROMs :cool:
    I follow OMNI/LOS stuff, works with 99% of the stuff out there. D2TW will work with all ROMs, but the other gestures may not work with ROMs that follow PA gesture stuff (like Carbon for instance)
    Also take a look to the rest of blu_spark v42 extras to get some nice and useful additions to the kernel.

blu_spark_r17-oos_op5_10b04ba.zip
    blu_spark_r17-custom_op5_e60aa98.zip

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu ;)

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017

8. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Aug 19, 2017

eng.stk, Aug 19, 2017 :
    blu_spark extras v42

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-7.1 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.
    FWeekly fixes + full fledge custom kernel inside to get some nice stuff like DT2W going :)

twrp-3.1.1-x_blu_spark_v41-op5.img

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :highfive:

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).
    If your cat get's on fire you're on your own ;p

No mirrors allowed
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017

9. _DEDSEC_ Jelly Bean Aug 23, 2017

_DEDSEC_, Aug 23, 2017 :
    Can you implement EAS for OP3/t BlueSpark Kernels?

10. _DEDSEC_ Jelly Bean Aug 23, 2017

_DEDSEC_, Aug 23, 2017 :
    Can you implement EAS for OP3/t BlueSpark Kernels?[/QUOTE]Wait, that's wrong, some wired bug. As I was saying, can you implement Energy Aware Scheduling for OP 3/T Blue Spark Kernels?

11. _DEDSEC_ Jelly Bean Aug 23, 2017

12. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Aug 25, 2017

eng.stk, Aug 25, 2017 :
    Wait, that's wrong, some wired bug. As I was saying, can you implement Energy Aware Scheduling for OP 3/T Blue Spark Kernels?[/QUOTE]Nope, I will do nothing related to EAS sorry.

13. _DEDSEC_ Jelly Bean Aug 25, 2017

_DEDSEC_, Aug 25, 2017 :
    Nope, I will do nothing related to EAS sorry.[/QUOTE]Any reason?

14. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Sep 1, 2017

eng.stk, Sep 1, 2017 :
    blu_spark r23

All right crew!

New build is up. Wicked!
    Maintainance build, implement some of the stuff discussed in some earlier posts. Enjoy :)
    Also take a look to the rest of blu_spark v42 extras to get some nice and useful additions to the kernel.

blu_spark_r23-oos_op5_85beb96.zip
    blu_spark_r23-custom_op5_dc0e286.zip

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :)

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.

[​IMG]

agoinfly likes this.
  15. agoinfly Lollipop Sep 3, 2017

eng.stk likes this.
  16. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Sep 9, 2017

eng.stk, Sep 9, 2017 :
    blu_spark r25

All right crew!

New build is up :highfive:
    Also take a look to the rest of blu_spark v43 extras to get some nice and useful additions to the kernel.

blu_spark_r25-oos_op5_d8f9478.zip
    blu_spark_r25-custom_op5_666f8fe.zip

[​IMG]

agoinfly likes this.
  17. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Sep 9, 2017

eng.stk, Sep 9, 2017 :
    blu_spark extras v43

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-7.1 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

twrp-3.1.1-x_blu_spark_v43-op5.img

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).
    If your cat get's on fire you're on your own ;p

No mirrors allowed
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017

noquarter, Funk Wizard and agoinfly like this.
  18. gaster KitKat Moderator Sep 9, 2017

gaster, Sep 9, 2017 :
    Thanks for your work and your sharing pal. Well done

agoinfly and eng.stk like this.
  19. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Sep 10, 2017

agoinfly likes this.
  20. Jumpi1234 Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2017

Jumpi1234, Sep 17, 2017 :
    does it support snapprefs xposed module