[KERNEL] [blu_spark r107] [OOS 5.* / 8.1 custom ROMs]

1. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Sep 18, 2017

eng.stk , Sep 18, 2017 :
    I don't have nothing on kernel to support stuff like that or not.
    But I don't give supoort to setups with xposed installed, it's a source of issues and instability.
    If you usr that you're on your own.

2. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Sep 20, 2017

eng.stk , Sep 20, 2017 :
    blu_spark r25

All right crew!

New build is up :highfive:
    Also take a look to the rest of blu_spark v43 extras to get some nice and useful additions to the kernel.

This build features latest blu goodies and new wakelock blocker interface by boeffla, build with latest blu_naro-7.2 :good:
    With the new wakelock block system you can add any wakelock source you want, works like this: you can edit /sys/class/misc/boeffla_wakelock_blocker/wakelock_blocker and add the wakelock name in there to block it (list separated by ';')
    If you want to survive reboots, you can use a script (check the attached example inside the zip). Just copy your script to /magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d or /su/su.d, depending on root option you use ( don't forget to set the file permission 777)
    You can get more info about it here. Because this is powerful and can bring potentially derps if you choose to block unknown stuff, I will give no support if you choose to use any wl blocking (which I didn't before anyway).

blu_spark_r30-oos_op5_28565f7.zip
    blu_spark_r30-custom_op5_28aae04.zip

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :)

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

[​IMG]
    If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
    Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free ;)

agoinfly likes this.
  3. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Oct 3, 2017

eng.stk , Oct 3, 2017 :
    blu_spark r36

All right crew!

Also take a look to the rest of blu_spark v45 extras to get some nice and useful additions to the kernel.

This build features latest OOS 4.5.11 source drop. Custom ROM users should be also able to run it on Oreo adn I merged a patch to the button swap to work on LOS or LSO based ROMs as per request.

blu_spark_r36-oos_op5_0f76d00.zip
    blu_spark_r36-custom_op5_ea747de.zip

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :highfive:

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.

[​IMG]

4. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Oct 3, 2017

eng.stk , Oct 3, 2017 :
    blu_spark extras v45

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-7.1 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.
    This will be the last build for N probably.

twrp-3.1.1-x_blu_spark_v45-op5.img

Wakelock blocker info and example script

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).
    If your cat get's on fire you're on your own ;p

No mirrors allowed
    [​IMG]

agoinfly likes this.
  5. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Oct 12, 2017

eng.stk , Oct 12, 2017 :
    blu_spark r36

All right crew!

New build is up :)
    Also take a look to the rest of blu_spark v45 extras to get some nice and useful additions to the kernel.

blu_spark_r39-oos_op5_af9a2c6.zip
    blu_spark_r39-custom_op5_cb4b1fe.zip

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :)

[​IMG]

RohandCool likes this.
  6. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Oct 23, 2017

eng.stk , Oct 23, 2017 :
    blu_spark r41

All right crew!

Also take a look to the rest of blu_spark v49 extras to get some nice and useful additions to the kernel.

blu_spark_r41-oos_op5_67ae46f.zip
    blu_spark_r41-custom_op5_151d183.zip

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017

7. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Oct 23, 2017

eng.stk , Oct 23, 2017 :
    blu_spark extras v49

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-7.1 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.
    This will be the last build for N.

twrp-3.1.1-x_blu_spark_v49-op5.img

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).

No mirrors allowed
    [​IMG]

M. Elmaleh likes this.
  8. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Nov 3, 2017

eng.stk , Nov 3, 2017 :
    blu_spark r45

All right crew!

Also take a look to the rest of blu_spark v49 extras to get some nice and useful additions to the kernel.

blu_spark_r45-oos_op5_acbb3a2.zip
    blu_spark_r45-custom_op5_2323b88.zip

[​IMG]

9. G_Yves_Daigle_vpvi
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2017

G_Yves_Daigle_vpvi , Nov 14, 2017 :
    Is there something you have to do to enable CDROM emulation? I can't seem to get drivedroid to detect a suitable host.

10. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Nov 15, 2017

eng.stk , Nov 15, 2017 :
    I don't know if it's compatible with 4.4 kernel (probably because of configfs), you need to ask the app developer and send him logs if needed.

You can however mount any iso without the app, just use the script or type in terminal the commands:
    Code:
    su
    echo "/storage/emulated/0/Download/images/ubuntu-17.10-desktop-amd64.iso" > /config/usb_gadget/g1/functions/mass_storage.0/lun.0/file
    for the example I used a ubuntu iso. change the path/name for anything you want

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017

11. A. Ahdach
    Nov 22, 2017

A. Ahdach , Nov 22, 2017 :
    Thanks for the info and share

AhmedAhdach likes this.
  12. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Nov 28, 2017

eng.stk , Nov 28, 2017 :
    blu_spark r57 unified (oreo)

All right crew!

New Oreo build is up :highfive:
    It's now unified, should be good also for any upcoming 5T Oreo stuff :good:

Because of latest TWRP and Oreo changes, you'll need to use my unified TWRP 3.1.1-x blu_spark v8.56 (recommended).
    Any other versions will not have full support for the kernel and the installer.

Because of latest Oreo changes, mind that for now on builds will touch system partition.
    So if you want to go back to stock just backup boot and system beforehand or dirty flash you ROM zip.
    Install process is the same as always: ROM+root solution+kernel zip.
    Keep in mind that by default kernel is FBE forced encrypted and supports ext4 only. If you are unencrypted or using anything else than the default, inform yourself beforehand and leave that stuff out of this thread.

r57 is for Oreo OOS OB only.

blu_spark_r57-oos-oreo_op5-op5t_6721dc9

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones) or OB.
    Don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Custom build isn't compatible with EAS stuff.

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

agoinfly likes this.
  13. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Nov 28, 2017

eng.stk , Nov 28, 2017 :
    blu_spark extras v8.56

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-8.0 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Name changing to reflect base 8.version, full compatible with OOS Oreo OB.
    Shold work with Nougat stuff also (needs confimation on that).
    TWRP blu_spark edition is now unified, should work on any upcoming 5T Oreo stuff.

twrp-3.1.1-x_blu_spark_v8.56-op5_op5t.img

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

agoinfly likes this.
  14. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Dec 7, 2017

eng.stk likes this.
  15. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Dec 7, 2017

eng.stk , Dec 7, 2017 :
    Didn't had time to update this thread yet
    thanks for the heads up ;p

agoinfly likes this.
  16. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Dec 11, 2017

eng.stk , Dec 11, 2017 :
    blu_spark r62 unified (oreo)

All right crew!

New Oreo build is up :highfive:

Because of latest TWRP and Oreo changes, you'll need to use TWRP 3.2+ or my unified TWRP 3.2.1-x blu_spark v8.61 (recommended).

Because of latest Oreo changes, mind that for now on builds will touch system partition.
    So if you want to go back to stock just backup boot and system beforehand or dirty flash you ROM zip.
    Keep in mind that by default kernel is FBE forced encrypted and supports ext4 only. If you are unencrypted or using anything else than the default, inform yourself beforehand and leave that stuff out of this thread.
    r62 is for Oreo OOS OB only.

I did some oreo fixes needed for some usual goodies, including an all new FPR haptic disable. Also introduced wireguard support.
    Been working with [MENTION=5434776]zx2c4[/MENTION] on the latest weeks and has been a nice ride indeed :) If you plan to use it, be sure to provide feedback to him in the links on wireguard thread

blu_spark_r62-oos-oreo_op5-op5t_172f694.zip

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones) or OB.
    Don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017

agoinfly likes this.
  17. eng.stk

eng.stk , Dec 11, 2017 :
    blu_spark r62 unified custom (oreo)

All right crew!

New Oreo custom build is up :highfive:

Because of latest TWRP and Oreo changes, you'll need to use TWRP 3.2+ or my unified TWRP 3.2.1-x blu_spark v8.61 (recommended).

All OOS Oreo goodies merged in.
    r62 custom is for Oreo custom Roms only (tested on OMNI 8.0).

blu_spark_r62-custom_oreo_op5-op5t_d69f542.zip

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017

agoinfly likes this.
  18. eng.stk

eng.stk , Dec 11, 2017 :
    blu_spark extras v8.61

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-8.0 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Fully syncked with TWRP 3.2.1 goodies, name changing to reflect base 8.version, full compatible with OOS Oreo OB and Nougat (reported by testers).
    TWRP blu_spark edition is now unified, should work on any upcoming 5T Oreo stuff.

twrp-3.2.1-x_blu_spark_v8.61-op5_op5t.img

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

agoinfly likes this.
  19. eng.stk
    Froyo Recognized Developer Dec 14, 2017

eng.stk , Dec 14, 2017 :
    android wireguard-tools Magisk module

All right crew!

Back with some more Magisk goodies :)
    This time it's a module with android wireguard-tools needed for Wireguard Android app.
    Use the Magisk v14 or v14.5 build accordingly, enjoy :highfive:

Go get it here

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]
    If you like my work, donations are always welcome (but not mandatory).

agoinfly likes this.
  20. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Dec 26, 2017

agoinfly , Dec 26, 2017 :
    Many thanks, btw Wireguard works like a charm on your blu_spark r74 unified kernel :)

eng.stk likes this.