[KERNEL] [blu_spark r107] [OOS 5.* / 8.1 custom ROMs]

1. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Nov 28, 2017

eng.stk, Nov 28, 2017 :
    [​IMG]

Kernel features:
    • Powered by Ubuntu 16.04.3 x86_64 (sparky VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks ChristianLetti
    • Build with custom toolchain blu_naro-7.2 (cortex-a73.cortex-a53 targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 7.2-2018.01)
    • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
    • Less is more: stockish OP5 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998
    • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly - Nougat)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
    • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes (with time)
    • Several CPU Governors (blu_active modded own governor by default - fastlane mode available!)
    • No OC, set 100HZ base timer frequency (for now)
    • msm_performance input boost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks and updated drivers
    • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers FIOPS and ZEN v2 is default, tweaked and upstreamed filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
    • Removed verify and forced encryption (ext4 is file based encryption - FBE only)
    • Patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
    • Stock thermal driver by default (custom tunables available for ROMs with no thermal daemon)
    • Disabled hotplug, also on low battery levels (CTL and BCL)
    • Optimized crypto routines
    • Swap and adaptive LMK off by default, 60 apps on background by default
    • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel an FPR)
    • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (goes to idle @ 180MHz)
    • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
    • DASH charge and USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
    • Battery/Notification LED control
    • FS fsync toggle on/off
    • Wakelock blockers available
    • x2c4's wireguard support
    • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
    • init.d support (put your scripts in /system/su.d or /su.su.d [systemless SuperSU])
    • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor (recommended) and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP & RECOVERY (No mirrors please)

Warning: If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems.
    Reflash ROM -> if you want root flash SuperSU or Magisk (default, no plugins/modules) -> flash blu_spark.
    If you are already rooted or upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.

About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with modules, etc.
    If you're using custom ROMs (including OOS based ones) or Open Betas you're on your own. I'm only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
    Save the SOT and battery stats/screenshots for general threads, here we deal with development, not personal tastes and results.
    Also don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" , no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs, Recovery/TWRP troubleshoots and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem (systemless in case of Nougat). Oreo builds touch system partition.
    You can backup your boot & system (Oreo) with TWRP before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

[​IMG]
    If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
    Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free ;)

Source

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018

2. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Nov 28, 2017

eng.stk, Nov 28, 2017 :
    blu_spark r51 unified

All right crew!

First kernel for the 5T is up, fastlane style :highfive:

This is an initial build, tested only on OP5. It is a baseline for 5/5t unified installer (similar of 3/3T).
    For now, seems like fw updates from OOS 4.7 are needed for some stuff, so it is only working 95% on the OP5 OOS 4.5.* (FPR doesn't work).
    Don't flash this on OP5 for now. On 5T all should be working just fine.

So, keep in mind that it's tested on the OP5, on the 5T it's not because I don't have the device just yet.
    Backup and take all the precautions you can think of, if you're cat get's on fire you're on your own :eek:

blu_spark_r51-oos_op5-op5t_79c5b56.zip

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu :highfive:

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

[​IMG]

zer0se7en and rhumagricole like this.
  3. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Nov 28, 2017

eng.stk, Nov 28, 2017 :
    blu_spark extras v8.55

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-8.0 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Name changing to reflect base 8.version, also packs a few fixes for upcoming Oreo stuff ported from OP3
    This build is unified for 5/5T. Like before I only tested on OP5 because I don't have the 5T yet. Should be good to go flashing full ROM zips, backup and restore the usual partitions like boot, system and data. Let me know how it goes!

twrp-3.1.1-x_blu_spark_v8.55-op5_op5t.img

Wakelock blocker info and example script

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).
    If your cat get's on fire you're on your own ;p

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

zer0se7en, rhumagricole and agoinfly like this.
  4. papi72 Honeycomb Dec 1, 2017

Attached Files:

agoinfly and eng.stk like this.
  5. papi72 Honeycomb Dec 6, 2017

6. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Dec 11, 2017

eng.stk, Dec 11, 2017 :
    blu_spark r64

All right crew!

New build is up :highfive:

Because of latest TWRP changes, you'll need to use TWRP 3.2+ or my unified TWRP 3.2.1-x blu_spark v8.61 (recommended).
    Any other versions will not have full support for the kernel and the installer.
    Merged OOS 4.7.4 source drop and a couple goodies from OP5 Oreo builds :)
    You also have a Oreo custom ROMs build for OP5 here, it's unified may also work on OP5T (untested)

blu_spark_r64-oos_op5t_45144aa.zip

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
    Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
    I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
    Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.

[​IMG]

7. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Dec 11, 2017

eng.stk, Dec 11, 2017 :
    blu_spark extras v8.61

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-8.0 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Fully syncked with TWRP 3.2.1 goodies, name changing to reflect base 8.version, full compatible with OOS Oreo OB and Nougat (reported by testers).
    TWRP blu_spark edition is now unified, should work on any upcoming 5T Oreo stuff.

twrp-3.2.1-x_blu_spark_v8.61-op5_op5t.img

I'm just sharing my personal mods since people asked, meaning no support will be given (don't bother post about it).

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

8. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Dec 14, 2017

eng.stk, Dec 14, 2017 :
    android wireguard-tools Magisk module

All right crew!

Back with some more Magisk goodies :)
    This time it's a module with android wireguard-tools needed for Wireguard Android app.
    Use the Magisk v14 or v14.5 build accordingly, enjoy :highfive:

Go get it here

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]
    If you like my work, donations are always welcome (but not mandatory).

9. Ash645 KitKat Dec 14, 2017

Ash645, Dec 14, 2017 :
    wow! welcome to the OP5T bandwagon @eng.stk!!! been a big fan of blu_spark on the Nexus 5.

will try this one out soon and report!

cheers!

10. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Dec 14, 2017

eng.stk, Dec 14, 2017 :
    Good to see you here mate, enjoy :)

agoinfly likes this.
  11. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Dec 28, 2017

eng.stk, Dec 28, 2017 :
    blu_spark r76

All right crew!

Because of latest TWRP changes, you'll need to use TWRP 3.2+ or my unified TWRP 3.2.1-x blu_spark v8.61 (recommended).

blu_spark_r76-oos_op5t_e0b1103.zip

[​IMG]

zer0se7en and rhumagricole like this.
  12. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Jan 8, 2018

eng.stk, Jan 8, 2018 :
    blu_spark r77 unified (oreo)

All right crew!

Happy New Year peeps, new Oreo build is up :highfive:
    Oreo builds are unified, also good to go on 5T Oreo stuff :good:

Because of latest TWRP and Oreo changes, you'll need to use TWRP 3.2+ or my unified TWRP 3.2.1-x blu_spark v8.61 (recommended).

Because of latest Oreo changes, mind that for now on builds will touch system partition.
    So if you want to go back to stock just backup boot and system beforehand or dirty flash you ROM zip.
    Install process is the same as always: ROM+root solution+kernel zip.
    Keep in mind that by default kernel is FBE forced encrypted and supports ext4 only. If you are unencrypted or using anything else than the default, inform yourself beforehand and leave that stuff out of this thread.
    OB3 latest kernel code positively working on OOS 5.0 stable and 5T OB1 (not much changes really). I will try to go like in OP3/3T, as long as OB kernel code doesn't break anything, I'll try to merge it.

This is for Oreo OOS only.

blu_spark_r77-oos-oreo_op5-op5t_48439be.zip

As a sidenote: if you want to test OB and don't want to format your data, you can use stable OOS FW and you're good to go :)
    You can find it here
    Just flash ROM and the FW zip before reboot (I tested with this one).

Don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
    Custom build isn't compatible with EAS stuff.

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

rhumagricole likes this.
  13. OwnDroid Gingerbread Jan 11, 2018

OwnDroid, Jan 11, 2018 :
    may i ask:

Can this be flashed with stock recovery?

Probably allready know the answer but hey worth trying...

14. Nezumi_ KitKat Jan 11, 2018

Nezumi_, Jan 11, 2018 :
    nope.

OwnDroid likes this.
  15. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Jan 12, 2018

eng.stk, Jan 12, 2018 :
    blu_spark r83 nougat

All right crew!

This is for Nougat OOS only

blu_spark_r83-oos_op5t_092641a.zip

[​IMG]

rhumagricole likes this.
  16. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Jan 12, 2018

eng.stk, Jan 12, 2018 :
    blu_spark r84 unified oreo

All right crew!

New Oreo build is up :highfive:

Because of latest TWRP and Oreo changes, you'll need to use TWRP 3.2+ or my unified TWRP 3.2.1-x blu_spark v8.61 (recommended).
    Any other versions may not have full support for the kernel and the installer.

Because of latest Oreo changes, mind that for now on builds will touch system partition.
    So if you want to go back to stock just backup boot and system beforehand or dirty flash you ROM zip.
    Install process is the same as always: ROM+root solution+kernel zip.

blu_spark_r84-oos-oreo_op5-op5t_50049b9.zip

Don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

rhumagricole likes this.
  17. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Jan 17, 2018

eng.stk, Jan 17, 2018 :
    blu_spark r90 unified (oreo)

All right crew!

New Oreo build is up :highfive:

Also mind that for now on builds will touch system partition (Oreo stuff).
    Code is tested for OB4/OB2, but also worked on 5.0.1 and OB1.

blu_spark_r90-oos-oreo_op5-op5t_4b7f25d.zip

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

rhumagricole likes this.
  18. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Jan 22, 2018

eng.stk, Jan 22, 2018 :
    blu_spark r90 unified (oreo custom)

All right crew!

New custom Oreo build is up :highfive:

Because of latest TWRP and Oreo changes, you'll need to use TWRP 3.2+ or my unified TWRP 3.2.1-x blu_spark v8.68 (recommended).

Also mind that for now on builds will touch system partition (Oreo stuff).
    Build was tested in LOS 15.1 ad OMNI 8.1 (big shouts to LOS guys and specially OMNI darkobas for the nice work on 5/5T trees, senior members do it better :) )
    This is for Oreo 8.1 custom ROMs only.

blu_spark_r90-custom_oreo_op5-op5t_73d693d.zip

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

19. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Jan 22, 2018

eng.stk, Jan 22, 2018 :
    blu_spark extras v8.68

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-8.1 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Fully synced with TWRP 3.2.1+, name changing to reflect base 8.version, full compatible with OOS Oreo 8.1/8.0 stuff and Nougat.
    TWRP blu_spark edition is not only universal but also unified, works for both OP5/5T. And it's even faster than v8.61 :)
    Big shouts for codeworkx 8.1 crypto patches work and also nkk71 (RIP) for the awesome work on omni minimal trees :highfive:

twrp-3.2.1-x_blu_spark_v8.68-op5_op5t.img

Android wireguard-tools Magisk Module

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]

rhumagricole likes this.
  20. eng.stk Froyo Recognized Developer Jan 29, 2018

eng.stk, Jan 29, 2018 :
    blu_spark extras v8.69

All right crew!

Here's an updated TWRP with all the blu_spark goodies inside and fully synced with TWRP Android-8.1 branch (including more recent upstream than official TWRP) and some specific device fixes.

Fully synced with TWRP 3.2.1+, name changing to reflect base 8.version, full compatible with OOS Oreo 8.1/8.0 stuff and Nougat.
    TWRP blu_spark edition is not only universal but also unified, works for both OP5/5T.
    Delete your twrp folder before changing between versions (copy your backups to somewhere else before) or else issues may arise.

twrp-3.2.1-x_blu_spark_v8.69-op5_op5t.img

Android wireguard-tools Magisk Module

No mirrors please
    [​IMG]