Keyboard is sometimes not working

1. JustSaying
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2020

JustSaying , Jan 20, 2020 :
    in some instances, is my keyboard not working. The keyboard and the animations is working. But my written messages aren't written down. As example im writing "bread" im getting the auto suggestions the the word "bread" but it isn't written down in my chatbox. Only way to solve this is to close and reopen the application. This issue occurred when i installed Android 10/ oxygen 10.3.0?
    Any one who also encounters this issue?

Sorry for the bad English

murbanski likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    KitKat Jan 20, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 20, 2020 :
    Do a search for GBoard in settings

1579528644013.jpg
    Go into Storage & Cache, clear cache. If that does not resolve it, clear storage as well. Or you can also try a different keyboard such as SwiftKey.

1579528739562.jpg

Kytharsis likes this.
  3. murbanski
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2020

murbanski , Feb 16, 2020 :
    Restarting the app (eg. Instagram) solves the problem, NOT clearing the cache nor a different keyboard. Is it already logged as an official bug? My daughter (OP6, too) has the same issue since the upgrade to Android 10.x

4. Fia.Vi
    Cupcake Feb 29, 2020

Fia.Vi , Feb 29, 2020 :
    This is an ongoing issue that is very bothersome. Me and my boyfriend both own Oneplus 6 and we both are having the same problem! It happens in many different apps: Instagram, Snapchat even my work related apps. I notice more and more that if I for example start writing a message in one of those apps and then have to do something else in the meantime, when I go back all I write in the keyboard doesn't show on the screen. Only closing the whole app and opening again makes the keyboard work again, but then i already lost work or a picture or whatever i was doing at the time, I have to start all over again. It happens at least like once a day if not more!