Keyboard is sometimes not working

1. SlavomirDurej
    Donut Jul 31, 2020

SlavomirDurej , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I have the EXACT same problem since upgrading to Android 10! This is really annoying! Please stop suggesting factory reset when you don't even know if that's going to fix this issue. It is NOT trivial to restore your phone to full working order, not all apps do remember their settings, like if some email apps need setting up mail server configurations, the icon placement and workplace widgets need configuring again , icons folders needs to be recreated, restoring purchased apps etc... takes me good 5-6 hours to get everything back to a workable state. Definitely a lot time wasted for a fundamental bug that should not appear in the first place.! Or should have been fixed in one of the many OTAs!!
    The most annoying is the situation when you try to write a comment on Facebook to a post and then your keyboard doesn't work, but when you restart Facebook that post is impossible to find again!

Makes my blood boil when this happens, and it does happen once or twice a day!

I am using Dragon Swype keyboard, so this clearly isn't issue with Swype or GBoard, but OS!

2. Stlpe
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

Stlpe , Aug 4, 2020 :
    One more OnePlus 6 user with this issue (3-4 months). Comes especially after the screen has been locked when I have a text-app/chat open (eg Messenger or Chrome). To solve it on the fly I just need to switch to another app and go back then it works again but wierdly enoying. A ticket to OnePlus support will be filed

3. moleygunn
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

moleygunn , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Also having the same problem since upgrading my 5T. Finally found this thread after reinstalling SwiftKey and moving to GBoard but still having the issue. It's driving me crazy now

4. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Aug 6, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Have never used the OnePlus Stock Gboard keyboard, been using SwiftKey for years on all previous phones as well.

So I came straight to SwiftKey on 6T. Currently using the Beta version and have not had an issue.

1596712382329.jpg

Artemus. likes this.